The OFFICIAL CADILLAC THREAD

Premium is suggested for pre 1999 cars but I know plenty of people who use regular. The engine has so many sensors it will just adjust the fuel/air mix automatically. I usually run premium but ive never had any issues the few times Ive filled up with regular.

PS: I noticed you said 93. Most stations around here only serve 87-91. If the ECU is used to 93 dropping 6 octane from 93 to 87 could possible trigger a check engine light because of the drastic change, but once the ECU adjusts after a few miles and start cycles on regular fuel the light should go off.

Last edited:
Premium is suggested for pre 1999 cars but I know plenty of people who use regular. The engine has so many sensors it will just adjust the fuel/air mix automatically. I usually run premium but ive never had any issues the few times Ive filled up with regular.

PS: I noticed you said 93. Most stations around here only serve 87-91. Dropping 6 octane from 93 to 87 could possible trigger a check engine light because of the drastic change, but once the ECU adjusts after a few miles and start cycles on regular fuel the light should go off.

thanks bro, I asked because I put 89 in there the other day, and I got a message on my dash saying to use "premium"...

PS: I noticed you said 93. Most stations around here only serve 87-91. Dropping 6 octane from 93 to 87 could possible trigger a check engine light because of the drastic change, but once the ECU adjusts after a few miles and start cycles on regular fuel the light should go off.

thanks bro, I asked because I put 89 in there the other day, and I got a message on my dash saying to use "premium"...

Hmm... Ive never seen that message before. Does it come on every time you start the car or just immediatley after you filled up ?

Hmm... Ive never seen that message before. Does it come on every time you start the car or just immediatley after you filled up ?

Well yesterday was the 1st time I filled up since I bought the car, and I just saw the message today. Guess I'll just be putting premium in it, hopefully it will help with gas mileage

Thanks bro! I just threw some new HD white headlights in there, and hopefully I'm getting it tinted out next week! :smokin

Last edited:
I love Caddies.
My Mom had a 97 eldog I use to take out and beat automatic Mustang GT's in.
And that boat got excellent MPG for its size.

New Cadillacs are really starting to compete in the Luxury/performance market again too.

great thread. Ive always loved the cts, dts, and escalade. Grown up, american made luxury :smokin

My "Service Engine Soon" light just came one, I'm heated. I hear its not indicative of anything really bad, but still, I gotta get this diagnosed

im a caddy head absoluty love everything about them. grandfather gave me his 91 eldorado but i dont have any pictures.

99 deville freshman year of college, only had it for two week it was totalled by a drunk driver while i was PARKED :smh:

01 deville 2010-2012 really loved this ride i didnt take care of her though so i traded it in

2006 dts, got it this summer

My "Service Engine Soon" light just came one, I'm heated. I hear its not indicative of anything really bad, but still, I gotta get this diagnosed

Your car is equipped with a diagnostic code reader that will tell you why exactly the SES light is illuminated.

To enter diagnostic mode turn the key and put the key in run (engine does not need to be on), then press the heat and off bottom at the same time, the whole dashboard flashes and pulls up the different ancronyms for codes to the different functions of the computer.

Keep a pen an paper handy and write down any codes that pop up and then type the code into google where you can find out exactly whats wrong with the car.

To just turn the engine light off go to the PCM code, hit up on the fan button (for yes) and clear the light. FYI This will probably only keep the light off for a week if the root problem is not fixed.

Last edited:

Your car is equipped with a diagnostic code reader that will tell you why exactly the SES light is illuminated.

To enter diagnostic mode turn the key and put the key in run (engine does not need to be on), then press the heat and off bottom at the same time, the whole dashboard flashes and pulls up the different ancronyms for codes to the different functions of the computer.

Keep a pen an paper handy and write down any codes that pop up and then type the code into google where you can find out exactly whats wrong with the car.

To just turn the engine light off go to the PCM code, hit up on the fan button (for yes) and clear the light. FYI This will probably only keep the light off for a week if the root problem is not fixed.

thanks bro, I got it. It was just a slow firing O2 sensor, nothing serious. Thanks alot brother

GUYS I DONE MADE A BIG *** MISTAKE I TRADED IN MY DTS
FOR THIS MY WIFE KEPT GIVING ME HELL ABOUT MY DTS SAYING IT WAS TO THUGISH AND WE GOT THIS I HAVENT EVEN DRIVEN IT I HATE IT TO ME ITS NOT A LAC... I KNEW SHE HATED GLORIA(MY DTS NICK NAME)SHE MADE ME GIVE HER UP NOW I WANT HER BACK STUPID XTS SUCKS ***
I HAD MY DTS FOR 4 YRS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND IT WAS PAID OFF I HATE THIS XTS BUT THE WIFE LOVES IT:frown:

Last edited:
GUYS I DONE MADE A BIG *** MISTAKE I TRADED IN MY DTS
FOR THIS MY WIFE KEPT GIVING ME HELL ABOUT MY DTS SAYING IT WAS TO THUGISH AND WE GOT THIS I HAVENT EVEN DRIVEN IT I HATE IT TO ME ITS NOT A LAC... I KNEW SHE HATED GLORIA(MY DTS NICK NAME)SHE MADE ME GIVE HER UP NOW I WANT HER BACK STUPID XTS SUCKS ***
I HAD MY DTS FOR 4 YRS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND IT WAS PAID OFF I HATE THIS XTS BUT THE WIFE LOVES IT:frown:

Dat humble brag is not so humble :smh:

NO braging homie i really dislike the car...my dts was waaaay better i rather drive ur lac than tht xts real talk the dts is just a way better looking car sucks they discountinued the dts

Back
Top Bottom