The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Would you guys start K.Smith over F.Gore this week? I am facing Foster and Turner
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  My other RB are M.Bush with DMC on the bench.
Also pick 3/4
Jordy Nelson
Andre Johnson
L.Robinson
M.Colston
B.Marshall
AJ Green

Frank Gore was hurt, should bounce back as he is one of the tougher, more resilient RBs in the league. I really like K.Smith but lets be honest here, we're working with a one game sample. Granted it was a great sample we're talking about the Packers here one of the tougher defenses. No way I start Smith over Gore. Secondly you set aside Michael Bush from the conversation as if he hasn't been absolutely beasting this season. So much so that the Raiders might have to think of having a full on RBBC once DMC comes back, not just sticking Bush with goal-line duties. He's an absolute beast and has proven he can catch the ball coming out the backfield. How are you overlooking this guy?
1. Gore and Bush. K.Smith is still a sit and evaluate, we'll see his mettle once he plays GB on Thursday night (I do expect big things for him though, I did grab the guy in one of three of my leagues the day he got resigned so I'm definitely on the K.Smith bandwagon but let's stay realistic).

2. Jordy (no brainer, he has clearly passed Jennings as the number 1 target in Green Bay, no question), Andre Johnson (if he does indeed get cleared to start, Leinart or not this is Andre Johnson we're talking about, Optimus Prime is back), and Colston (coming out of the bye he and Brees should be back in sync especially after his nice showing before the bye, I expect nothing less than a solid performance from Colston).

Marshall is boom or bust as evidenced by his inconsistency all season, AJ Green is banged up and is a sit and evaluate if he does indeed play, and Laurent Robinson is also boom or bust (regardless of his TD streak which I guarantee ends tomorrow, he's good but people have to remember that this is an offense with a lot of solid targets for Romo even without Miles Austin).

That's my take, good luck. 
I wasn't pushing M.Bush aside he's a lock for my RB1 this week and has defiantly help me win a few weeks
pimp.gif
. Was just wondering if there was one week to bench Gore might be this week, against the Raven D, but GB doesn't give up rushing TD's either.
Looks like we are leaning the same way with the WR's expect Marshall, he has done me dirty a few times this year with all his dropped balls/td's
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks for the advice

who should i start?

QB           Cam Newton(Car - QB)
WR           Early Doucet(Ari - WR
WR           A.J. Green(Cin - WR)
WR           Andre Johnson(Hou - WR)
RB           Frank Gore(SF - RB)
RB           Beanie Wells(Ari - RB)
TE           Jermaine Gresham(Cin - TE)
W/T           Titus Young(Det - WR)
W/R           Kevin Smith(Det - RB)
BN           Jared Cook(Ten - TE)
BN           Denarius Moore(Oak - WR)
BN           Earl Bennett(Chi - WR)
BN           Reggie Wayne(Ind - WR)
BN           Ahmad Bradshaw(NYG - RB)

who should i start?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

hey SneakerHeathen, you think Steve Johnson will come back around? Right now the WR i'm working with are Wallace, Antonio Brown, Crabtree, and Damian Williams.

I just picked up Joe McKnight off waivers. Other RBs: McCoy, Mathews, Tolbert, and Felix Jones

I'm 7-4 right now with 2 games left. I'm pretty much a lock in the playoffs. Just want to know how far do you think this team will go.

QB: Big Ben & Tebow

our trading deadline passed last week
The Bills will be behind early and often from here on out with FJAX out. That means Fitz has no choice but to throw the ball and Stevie will be the primary beneficiary of this. I definitely see a turn around for him.

I like that you have Big Ben coupled with Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, that's a lovely trio that will swing points back towards you in your match ups. However other than those two I'm not big on either Crabtree or Williams, both are boom or bust plays. Williams got a lot of hype and is expected to overtake Nate Washington, I don't see that happening as Nate has been just too steady this season and I don't see that changing. Crabtree should be decent from here on out but don't expect this type of performance every week, I do see that he has his legs back under him.

McCoy, nothing to say here, Shady is a beast. I really think Mathews will bounce back before the playoffs start, he started off so strongly the first 5 weeks and I think that the injuries and inconsistent playing will eventually be left behind, if anything else you have Tolbert. Felix is a sit and evaluate as reports seem to indicate that the Cowboys would like to go in the direction of a RBBC, the initial idea of Felix simply being DeMarco's handcuff may be premature. I'd sit and evaluate Felix. Joe McKnight's value is completely predicated on Shonn Greene's status. I'd look into Da'Rel Scott as the Giants RB situation seems to be even more dire than the Jets situation (as Shonn Greene is closer to being healthy than Bradshaw is and DJ Ware is also out for us, someone has to spell for Jacobs and Scott can catch, unlike Brandon).

As far as how far you'll go I'd need to look at your possible playoff opponents and their rosters. Secondly I need to know whom you're working with at the TE, D/ST and Kicker positions. These are all integral positions. 

I'd also look to grab Santana Moss if he's available on your waiver wire, he is returning from injury and should quickly overtake Jabar Gaffney as the ******** WR1. He's a better choice than either Crabtree or Williams going forward and would be a nice addition to your trio of Wallace, Brown and Stevie Johnson (you'd solidify your WR corps for the fantasy playoffs and can evaluate Santana for the next 2 weeks preceding the playoffs).

I'd also look into grabbing a RB, if CJ Spiller is out there definitely get him as he is particularly useful as he has both WR,RB eligibility meaning you can plug him in virtually anywhere on your roster. Da'Rel Scott isn't a bad stash. If you can post a screen cap of the RBs available on the WW. Kendall Hunter is also a decent pickup as I'm still sure that the 49ers will sit Gore week 17 and maybe even 16 as they are a lock for a top seed in the NFC (barring a 4+ game skid). 

Hey A-Rod owners, if you don't have a backup QB I'd grab Matt Flynn as an insurance policy if GB decides to sit A-Rod at some point towards the end of the season. Everyone needs to now thinking ahead and start looking at the player's situation with their respective real life squads. I don't know how much Mike McCarthy values going for perfection, this isn't BB we're talking about. Then again, GB does like to pour it on very much like NE, I'd still look to start grabbing some of those handcuffs before your opponents think ahead for you.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

hey SneakerHeathen, you think Steve Johnson will come back around? Right now the WR i'm working with are Wallace, Antonio Brown, Crabtree, and Damian Williams.

I just picked up Joe McKnight off waivers. Other RBs: McCoy, Mathews, Tolbert, and Felix Jones

I'm 7-4 right now with 2 games left. I'm pretty much a lock in the playoffs. Just want to know how far do you think this team will go.

QB: Big Ben & Tebow

our trading deadline passed last week
The Bills will be behind early and often from here on out with FJAX out. That means Fitz has no choice but to throw the ball and Stevie will be the primary beneficiary of this. I definitely see a turn around for him.

I like that you have Big Ben coupled with Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, that's a lovely trio that will swing points back towards you in your match ups. However other than those two I'm not big on either Crabtree or Williams, both are boom or bust plays. Williams got a lot of hype and is expected to overtake Nate Washington, I don't see that happening as Nate has been just too steady this season and I don't see that changing. Crabtree should be decent from here on out but don't expect this type of performance every week, I do see that he has his legs back under him.

McCoy, nothing to say here, Shady is a beast. I really think Mathews will bounce back before the playoffs start, he started off so strongly the first 5 weeks and I think that the injuries and inconsistent playing will eventually be left behind, if anything else you have Tolbert. Felix is a sit and evaluate as reports seem to indicate that the Cowboys would like to go in the direction of a RBBC, the initial idea of Felix simply being DeMarco's handcuff may be premature. I'd sit and evaluate Felix. Joe McKnight's value is completely predicated on Shonn Greene's status. I'd look into Da'Rel Scott as the Giants RB situation seems to be even more dire than the Jets situation (as Shonn Greene is closer to being healthy than Bradshaw is and DJ Ware is also out for us, someone has to spell for Jacobs and Scott can catch, unlike Brandon).

As far as how far you'll go I'd need to look at your possible playoff opponents and their rosters. Secondly I need to know whom you're working with at the TE, D/ST and Kicker positions. These are all integral positions. 

I'd also look to grab Santana Moss if he's available on your waiver wire, he is returning from injury and should quickly overtake Jabar Gaffney as the ******** WR1. He's a better choice than either Crabtree or Williams going forward and would be a nice addition to your trio of Wallace, Brown and Stevie Johnson (you'd solidify your WR corps for the fantasy playoffs and can evaluate Santana for the next 2 weeks preceding the playoffs).

I'd also look into grabbing a RB, if CJ Spiller is out there definitely get him as he is particularly useful as he has both WR,RB eligibility meaning you can plug him in virtually anywhere on your roster. Da'Rel Scott isn't a bad stash. If you can post a screen cap of the RBs available on the WW. Kendall Hunter is also a decent pickup as I'm still sure that the 49ers will sit Gore week 17 and maybe even 16 as they are a lock for a top seed in the NFC (barring a 4+ game skid). 

Hey A-Rod owners, if you don't have a backup QB I'd grab Matt Flynn as an insurance policy if GB decides to sit A-Rod at some point towards the end of the season. Everyone needs to now thinking ahead and start looking at the player's situation with their respective real life squads. I don't know how much Mike McCarthy values going for perfection, this isn't BB we're talking about. Then again, GB does like to pour it on very much like NE, I'd still look to start grabbing some of those handcuffs before your opponents think ahead for you.

Would you guys start K.Smith over F.Gore this week? I am facing Foster and Turner
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Also pick 3/4
Jordy Nelson
Andre Johnson
L.Robinson
M.Colston
B.Marshall
AJ Green

Frank Gore was hurt, should bounce back as he is one of the tougher, more resilient RBs in the league. I really like K.Smith but lets be honest here, we're working with a one game sample. Granted it was a great sample we're talking about the Packers here one of the tougher defenses. No way I start Smith over Gore. Secondly you set aside Michael Bush from the conversation as if he hasn't been absolutely beasting this season. So much so that the Raiders might have to think of having a full on RBBC once DMC comes back, not just sticking Bush with goal-line duties. He's an absolute beast and has proven he can catch the ball coming out the backfield. How are you overlooking this guy?
1. Gore and Bush. K.Smith is still a sit and evaluate, we'll see his mettle once he plays GB on Thursday night (I do expect big things for him though, I did grab the guy in one of three of my leagues the day he got resigned so I'm definitely on the K.Smith bandwagon but let's stay realistic).

2. Jordy (no brainer, he has clearly passed Jennings as the number 1 target in Green Bay, no question), Andre Johnson (if he does indeed get cleared to start, Leinart or not this is Andre Johnson we're talking about, Optimus Prime is back), and Colston (coming out of the bye he and Brees should be back in sync especially after his nice showing before the bye, I expect nothing less than a solid performance from Colston).

Marshall is boom or bust as evidenced by his inconsistency all season, AJ Green is banged up and is a sit and evaluate if he does indeed play, and Laurent Robinson is also boom or bust (regardless of his TD streak which I guarantee ends tomorrow, he's good but people have to remember that this is an offense with a lot of solid targets for Romo even without Miles Austin).

I wasn't pushing M.Bush aside he's a lock for my RB1 this week and has defiantly help me win a few weeks
pimp.gif
. Was just wondering if there was one week to bench Gore might be this week, against the Raven D, but GB doesn't give up rushing TD's either.
Looks like we are leaning the same way with the WR's expect Marshall, he has done me dirty a few times this year with all his dropped balls/td's
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks for the advice
Oh, I apologize for misinterpreting you. I thought you really meant Bush as your "other RB", like he was "meh" or something.
My bad.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Also pick 3/4
Jordy Nelson
Andre Johnson
L.Robinson
M.Colston
B.Marshall
AJ Green

pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks for the advice
Oh, I apologize for misinterpreting you. I thought you really meant Bush as your "other RB", like he was "meh" or something.
My bad.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Bit of a WR pickle.

I have Boldin, Laurent Robinson and Nate Washington. Def stating Robinson and have Boldin in the other spot right now. Worried about him going up against SF though. Should I keep him in or put in Washington and hope he has another big game this week? Or do I go to the wire and get someone like Decker?

Anyone?

Bit of a WR pickle.

I have Boldin, Laurent Robinson and Nate Washington. Def stating Robinson and have Boldin in the other spot right now. Worried about him going up against SF though. Should I keep him in or put in Washington and hope he has another big game this week? Or do I go to the wire and get someone like Decker?

Anyone?
Tough, SF has been tough all season BUT....I like Boldin more than I like Torrey Smith for this matchup, I don't see Flacco and Co getting cute and throwing too many deep bombs to Torrey. In this matchup your possession receiver (Boldin) is the safer bet, that, and you need to start your WR1.
With Nate Washington you do get steady numbers, he's going to net you at least 7 points but his upside is like 13-15 points (don't get accustomed to 22 point performances on the regular with the guy). Plus with Hasselbeck being a bit banged up I'd shy away from this matchup. 

Go Boldin and don't overthink it, he's Flacco's safety net. 

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

who should i start?

Replace AJ Green with Reggie but keep an ear to the situation, if AJ is a GTD, go AJ. I'd say put in Bennett but since I have absolutely zero faith in Hanie I have zero faith in Bennett.
Secondly get Titus out of there and put in Denarius, the Raiders are shorthanded and Denarius is clearly their best option headed into this week. 

I'm done with fantasy. Anyone I put in gets hurts. I've already lost half my team on injuries and now K. Smith is out for the rest of the game.

I'm done with fantasy. Anyone I put in gets hurts. I've already lost half my team on injuries and now K. Smith is out for the rest of the game.

^ Sorry bro, that sux but that's FF for you. I hate how people think FF is like some science or something. If you follow the NFL, you know how to put together a FF team but after that it's mostly luck if anything.

^ Sorry bro, that sux but that's FF for you. I hate how people think FF is like some science or something. If you follow the NFL, you know how to put together a FF team but after that it's mostly luck if anything.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Pretty much. I told everyone who picked D-Jax and Vick neither would stay healthy all year....why? Because they're both extremely scrawny for a man's league. The only thing you really can't help are the J. Charles or K.Britt or today for example, the K. Smith injury.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Pretty much. I told everyone who picked D-Jax and Vick neither would stay healthy all year....why? Because they're both extremely scrawny for a man's league. The only thing you really can't help are the J. Charles or K.Britt or today for example, the K. Smith injury.

Back
Top Bottom