The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I'm just in a 16 team non-keeper league.... Any drafting advise??

Get a QB and his #2 receiver... it's mega points when they connect for a TD, and you can scoop him up late
(Schaub - Jones, is a nice one if you can get value on them late in the draft)

Jacoby Jones?? I hung on to the dbag all season long waiting for him to blow up
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyone got a good draft kit in excel?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
this year he will be his break out year with defenses loading the box on Arian and giving help over the top for Andre... Jacob Jones = Wes Welker numbers

I'm just in a 16 team non-keeper league.... Any drafting advise??

Get a QB and his #2 receiver... it's mega points when they connect for a TD, and you can scoop him up late

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
this year he will be his break out year with defenses loading the box on Arian and giving help over the top for Andre... Jacob Jones = Wes Welker numbers

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah no. Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels will both have better numbers than Jacoby Jones. Both were battling injuries for the majority of last season and Jones still couldn't do $%@%.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah no. Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels will both have better numbers than Jacoby Jones. Both were battling injuries for the majority of last season and Jones still couldn't do $%@%.

Here is my squad. It's a 12 team league.

QB: Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco
RB: Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs, Pierre Thomas, James Starks
WR: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Austin Collie, Malcolm Floyd, Hines Ward
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K.  Josh Brown
DEF: Detroit

what do yall think?

WR: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, Austin Collie, Malcolm Floyd, Hines Ward
K.  Josh Brown

what do yall think?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

^^ You better hope the Freeman hype pays off..

Yeah I sure as hell hope so. I was a little worried about my 2nd RB but Jacobs has been looking good in the preseason and I think if Ingram or Grant falter than Thomas and Starks will get plenty of touches

^^your qb situation is kind of weak... if Flacco and Evans can keep hitting the deep ball you might be okay. (In my opinion you drafted too heavy on wide receivers)

ps- detroit defense? you serious?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

^^ You better hope the Freeman hype pays off..

Yeah I sure as hell hope so. I was a little worried about my 2nd RB but Jacobs has been looking good in the preseason and I think if Ingram or Grant falter than Thomas and Starks will get plenty of touches

^^your qb situation is kind of weak... if Flacco and Evans can keep hitting the deep ball you might be okay. (In my opinion you drafted too heavy on wide receivers)

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Dez Bryant

OR

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Shonn Green
Larry Fitzgerald

?

Need to decide by midnight.

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Dez Bryant

OR

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Shonn Green
Larry Fitzgerald

?

Yeah I drafted a lot of receivers and im hoping to make a trade with someone for another decent back. I think Detroit's defense is pretty solid up front they should be able to stuff the run pretty easy imo. I think their secondary is still pretty weak but they are improving.

Yeah I drafted a lot of receivers and im hoping to make a trade with someone for another decent back. I think Detroit's defense is pretty solid up front they should be able to stuff the run pretty easy imo. I think their secondary is still pretty weak but they are improving.

Originally Posted by dland24

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Dez Bryant

OR

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Shonn Green
Larry Fitzgerald

?

That is a tough one. Id go with the first group of guys. I think Turner is the better back out of him and Greene  

Originally Posted by dland24

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Michael Turner
Dez Bryant

OR

Drew Brees
Rashard Mendenhall
Shonn Green
Larry Fitzgerald

?

That is a tough one. Id go with the first group of guys. I think Turner is the better back out of him and Greene  

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

K.  Josh Brown

what do yall think?
Your RBs aren't very strong and your WRs have some question marks.  What was your draft #?  How did you get Brandon Jacobs as your # 2 RB? Did everyone snatch up all the good ones the first 2-3 rounds lol

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

K.  Josh Brown

what do yall think?
Your RBs aren't very strong and your WRs have some question marks.  What was your draft #?  How did you get Brandon Jacobs as your # 2 RB? Did everyone snatch up all the good ones the first 2-3 rounds lol

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Just did a mock with seemingly knowledgeable dudes, and somehow got Rice/Gore/Forte in the first 3 rounds.

I'd sell my soul for my real draft to go that well.
I'm keeping Arian Foster and Rashard Mendenhall in a league I've been in for 5 years. If everything goes according to plan my first pick will be like Peyton Hillis, LaGarret Blount, or Stephen Jackson.
That would be soooo sick. 

-----

I draft 10th in a league on Sunday night. I think I might go WR/WR and aim for Andre/Calvin and Hakeem or VJax. I'm not too high on Roddy this year. I don't know why, but I think he will finish around WR5 or WR6 behind all the guys I am targeting. 

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Just did a mock with seemingly knowledgeable dudes, and somehow got Rice/Gore/Forte in the first 3 rounds.

I'd sell my soul for my real draft to go that well.
I'm keeping Arian Foster and Rashard Mendenhall in a league I've been in for 5 years. If everything goes according to plan my first pick will be like Peyton Hillis, LaGarret Blount, or Stephen Jackson.
That would be soooo sick. 

-----

I draft 10th in a league on Sunday night. I think I might go WR/WR and aim for Andre/Calvin and Hakeem or VJax. I'm not too high on Roddy this year. I don't know why, but I think he will finish around WR5 or WR6 behind all the guys I am targeting. 

^^ Peterson is pretty strong if you ask me. The rest of my RB's aren't but I think all 3 of those guys are splitting the snaps right down the middle. Whats wrong with my WR's? Collie is injury prone but the rest of my guys are pretty solid. I drafted number 5 out of 12

What do you guys think of my team? 12 team keeper(1) league.
QB: P. Manning, K. Kolb

RB: M. Forte (keeper),  M. Jones Drew,  M. Tolbert,  B. Jacobs,  R. Helu

WR: D. Bryant,  M. Manningham,  M. Floyd,  R. Meachem,  S. Smith(Phi)

TE: V. Davis,  A. Hernandez

D: Chargers

K: G. Hartley(NO)

It looks like I'll have to do without Manning for a while. My running backs look good. Receivers are a little weak though.
ohwell.gif

8 team league

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Frank Gore
RB- Ray Rice
WR- Dallas Austin
WR- Brandon Lloyd
TE- Rob Gronkowski
W/R/T- Stephen Jackson (RB)
K- Adam Vinaterri
DEF- NYJ

Bench
QB- Tony Romo
WR- Brandon Marshall
RB- Cedric Benson
WR- Santonio Holmes
TE- Owen Daniels
Def- New Orleans Saints

I forgot a back up kicker but I got until Week 11. WR injury or under performance drop em for a Kicker
Bench

Back
Top Bottom