The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

They've been moving to a more foam "lite" material for years now lessoning the density in which the material was made.

Once it was determined the folks making fake pairs could make them look the same without costing as much..... who jumped on that?

Thats right.

It is a technology because of the reflective 3m properties. I'm no dummy I do research

Ok, first of all I wasn't trying to imply your a dummy. I was just correcting misinformation so people who dont know better dont think there is something different about the construction of these compared to other Posites. Secondly.....Carbon print is just that...a print...a wrapper over the posite technology(or lack there of) its not technology in itself, just an appearance package. Lastly, 3m is a brand... whats is commonly referred to as "3m" is actually reflective material sourced from many different manufacturers.....Kinda like "Kleenex, handkerchief, tissue". From what Ive seen these shoes dont have any reflective properties, just a high gloss finish.

They've been moving to a more foam "lite" material for years now lessoning the density in which the material was made.

Once it was determined the folks making fake pairs could make them look the same without costing as much..... who jumped on that?

Thats right.

That honestly sucks, I remember trying on my brothers foams and it was semi soft, like I could press into it.

Thats right.
That honestly sucks, I remember trying on my brothers foams and it was semi soft, like I could press into it.
That should not be 
mean.gif

Thats right.

Nah.

If you owned a 'posite you can spot a fake from a mile away.

I think you missed the point.. I didnt say folks now owned fakes.

I said since the advent of fakes being able to produce a lighter version of the foamposite Nike has also gone the way of producing less denser foam posites.

You can either believe or not believe it but its the truth.

New pics from Long7... 

A proper photoshoot... but... lipstick on a pig?

1388047422010.jpg

1388046213845.jpg

1388046220638.jpg

1388046229175.jpg

1388046241084.jpg

Last edited:

New pics from Long7... 

A proper photoshoot... but... lipstick on a pig?
Ugh, so disgusting....

But if it's not tooooo expensive i'll probably grab a pair just because it's the closest we have to the OG. I can't shell out big time money for a "real" pair of these.

That ad looks horrible. There's no way I'd do it knowing what the original looked like.

Ugh, so disgusting....
But if it's not tooooo expensive i'll probably grab a pair just because it's the closest we have to the OG. I can't shell out big time money for a "real" pair of these.

Why buy something you're not happy with?

Why buy something you're not happy with?
I guess to me it falls under the "good enough" category. Just really disappointing hours these turned out
Nah, don't do it. It's this point of view that Nike is banking on to keep producing crap and people are willing to take it, especially at an increased price. I'm at the point where I'm really, really selective of what I buy (I was already selective before). But to take the "good enough" approach is just a gateway to basically accepting counterfeit quality shoes at high prices as @NikeDealer   stated.

They watch this board and they know how far to go, then step over that boundary. I know it won't change on the whole because having a closet full of kicks is the "in" thing to do now, so Nike is going to take full advantage of consumer stupidity. I can only do my part on my end by taking a personal stand, but I don't expect the average 15 year old to take this POV with reseller dreams in his head. The climate for kicks I think is at an all time low right now. One can only hope it will return back to some sort of normalcy one day. 

Nah, don't do it. It's this point of view that Nike is banking on to keep producing crap and people are willing to take it, especially at an increased price. I'm at the point where I'm really, really selective of what I buy (I was already selective before). But to take the "good enough" approach is just a gateway to basically accepting counterfeit quality shoes at high prices as @NikeDealer
  stated.

They watch this board and they know how far to go, then step over that boundary. I know it won't change on the whole because having a closet full of kicks is the "in" thing to do now, so Nike is going to take full advantage of consumer stupidity. I can only do my part on my end by taking a personal stand, but I don't expect the average 15 year old to take this POV with reseller dreams in his head. The climate for kicks I think is at an all time low right now. One can only hope it will return back to some sort of normalcy one day. 
Well said. Our stand may not hurt this retro but I know others will see this thread and read some of the great posts and breakdowns. My hope is over time others will adopt our mentality, demanding more from Nike for their 200-250$s. Nike will return to form if the majority demands it. Eventually though the shoe craze will die like all "in" things do.

Nah, don't do it. It's this point of view that Nike is banking on to keep producing crap and people are willing to take it, especially at an increased price. I'm at the point where I'm really, really selective of what I buy (I was already selective before). But to take the "good enough" approach is just a gateway to basically accepting counterfeit quality shoes at high prices as @NikeDealer
  stated.

Well said. Our stand may not hurt this retro but I know others will see this thread and read some of the great posts and breakdowns. My hope is over time others will adopt our mentality, demanding more from Nike for their 200-250$s. Nike will return to form if the majority demands it. Eventually though the shoe craze will die like all "in" things do.
I'm hoping the craze dies out also. I'm thinking later rather than sooner. It hurts to see hype at an all time high over shoes that weren't even a third option on people's list the last time around. I doubt that the current consumers of sneakers will think like the older collectors. The younger ones right now, for lack of a better description, are trying to be where the older heads are now. So they buy everything in sight not taking into account of price, quality, and reasons why they buy. Ask a 15 year old kid who wore FP1's and they can't tell you, they just know the saw a current celebrity wearing it, so that makes it hot. I wish I could talk to a lot of these kids and teach them HOW to buy kicks.

It's one thing to look at pics 6-12 months out of the RD and talk about how hot it is, but another component of buying kicks is actually holding the shoe in your hand and observing it, seeing what you like or don't like about it. That determines how you spend your money. I have avoided wasting so much money by doing this. I also had the advantage of working in a store where I can look at a shoe for 2 weeks before RD and change my mind after thoroughly looking at a shoe. What Nike has moved to was tricking the consumer into impulse buying. This is their new marketing strategy with product placement on entertainers and blog "leaks". That's why I think we see so many listings of shoes that say "worn 1x for x amount of hours" with a 50% mark up of retail. I read those descriptions and shake my head, but you have fools that spend OVER retail for a WORN shoe. That practice is so backwards to me.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not a Knicks fan but I remember back in HS watching their games just to see what FPs Allan Houston was wearing that night. Also walking into Footlocker and seeing the Gold and Purple FP1 for the first time. This was a few days after release at Forestville Mall (DMV) in the hood no less. All sizes were still available lol. It was a great time to be a shoe head. I chose Gold BTW.

...I wish I could talk to a lot of these kids and teach them HOW to buy kicks...
That's the problem... I think a lot of these kids don't really care about that.  It's been discussed ad nauseam, but seeing some of those sneaker-event pics and teenage beasts rocking whatever's "in" right now just makes me SMH... mind you, nothing against proper teenage-sneakerheads.  And not just whatever's "in" at the moment, but also whatever they can hussle the most for.  

And I couldn't agree with you more on actually holding a shoe to see the quality and characteristics before making a purchase.  It's certainly saved me a bit of money over the years too.

Good discussion here and nice points made. I do miss the days when I was in high school and everything was easy to cop. I was just having a discussion with my bro about how we used to ball in our fp 1s 2s and 3s...really miss those.

I am hopeful that this crazy hype train is dying out soon. I feel like the prices are getting too high for everyone to keep up...not as many people want to pay 200 for some lbjs or 250 for some wild foams

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not a Knicks fan but I remember back in HS watching their games just to see what FPs Allan Houston was wearing that night. Also walking into Footlocker and seeing the Gold and Purple FP1 for the first time. This was a few days after release at Forestville Mall (DMV) in the hood no less. All sizes were still available lol. It was a great time to be a shoe head. I chose Gold BTW.
To me, that's the essence of how I got into sneakers, I'm a sports fan and naturally looking at the feet of my favorite athletes got me into it for as long as I can remember. Things really have changed 
mean.gif

...I wish I could talk to a lot of these kids and teach them HOW to buy kicks...
That's the problem... I think a lot of these kids don't really care about that.  It's been discussed ad nauseam, but seeing some of those sneaker-event pics and teenage beasts rocking whatever's "in" right now just makes me SMH... mind you, nothing against proper teenage-sneakerheads.  And not just whatever's "in" at the moment, but also whatever they can hussle the most for.  

And I couldn't agree with you more on actually holding a shoe to see the quality and characteristics before making a purchase.  It's certainly saved me a bit of money over the years too.
Yup. The majority of the younger collectors treat them like pokemon cards. I can't get with that, but I also understand, that's all they know. It also doesn't excuse them from learning how to be responsible with their money. You touched on something important though, the attention shift of the avarage buyer now is "how much can I get for these now" looking ahead to getting money for the next hyped release vs. "these are dope". It's this mentality that makes me want to leave altogether. I don't knock anyone's hustle, but I do in this case, it's a weird space, but sentimental value and respect has no place in a capitalist environment and looking at purchases of shoes puts it in it's most rudimentary form.

Good discussion here and nice points made. I do miss the days when I was in high school and everything was easy to cop. I was just having a discussion with my bro about how we used to ball in our fp 1s 2s and 3s...really miss those.

I am hopeful that this crazy hype train is dying out soon. I feel like the prices are getting too high for everyone to keep up...not as many people want to pay 200 for some lbjs or 250 for some wild foams
I don't get how people buy consecutive releases at these prices, it's nuts. 

^^^. Credit cards and resell money

Great discussion guys.

Good to see Rock posting again

I dont think you all realize the hype that sneakernews just put on these. Calling them the best release of 2014...thats gnna attract the wrong crowd

I dont think you all realize the hype that sneakernews just put on these. Calling them the best release of 2014...thats gnna attract the wrong crowd
I just saw that...I hope that doesn't lead to a quick sellout. Next thing you know, you'll see that nasty zebra print on these, like the exposed ones....smdh

Best release of 2014 ? :rofl:

Beyond the fact that these are pure garbage.... we arent even in 2014 yet and these lames at SneakerNews have already picked these fake looking Posites as the "best of the year !!! :rofl: :smh: :rofl:

This sneaker "game" is a joke :lol: :x :lol:

Back
Top Bottom