the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Bob Arum needs to stick to promoting and shut the hell up....
smh.gif

He is promoting.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

thats Arumn saving face if the fight doesn't happen

smh.gif

I don't like Arum but he's not crazy to say that. Money has changed Floyd, since he went up to 140 he hasn't challenged himself the way he should.Who's the best fighter he fought at 140+?

Arum is promoting hard...But he is not really saying nothing stupid, honestly speaking I would be a little hesitant too if I was Mayweather because in his headhe has nothing more to prove plus he's already paid!!! Same goes for Pac but I think Pac is doing it because he finds joy in seeing his ppl rejoice when hesteps in the ring. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Pac gets another loss, and this coming from a big Pac fan but I would still love to see hisdetermination to get the W. Mayweather, right now is just acting like a clown with all the talking he does...In the end, it's only entertainment !!! If thefight happens I still got my money on my man PAC, I think if he gets focused he can put Mayweather on the mat.

Leonard Ellerbe, advisor to Floyd Mayweather Jr., told the Los Angeles Times that Shane Mosley would be their prime target if negotiations to make a fight with Manny Pacquiao fall apart. Mayweather is looking for the biggest financial opportunities out there, and the two biggest are Pacquiao and Mosley. Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions [acting on behalf of Mayweather] are going to do their best to make a deal for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout. Mosley has to win his January 30 welterweight unification with Andre Berto to keep the Mayweather possibility alive.

"If the fight can't be made [with Pacquiao], we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past Berto," Ellerbe said.

Negotiations for Mayweather-Pacquiao will be tough. Mayweather wants the bulk of the money, and so does Pacquiao. Ellerbe doesn't seem to care if Pacquiao's pay-per-view with Miguel Cotto lands a higher buyrate than Mayweather's bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. He stands with Mayweather's position of Marquez bringing very little to the table in terms of pay-per-view buys.

"It's no secret the camps don't see eye to eye, but this is bigger than boxing," Ellerbe said. "We understand the magnitude of this."

"The numbers don't lie, people do," Ellerbe said. "[Pacquiao] had good numbers, God bless him, but he had a dance partner [Cotto] this time."

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Leonard Ellerbe, advisor to Floyd Mayweather Jr., told the Los Angeles Times that Shane Mosley would be their prime target if negotiations to make a fight with Manny Pacquiao fall apart. Mayweather is looking for the biggest financial opportunities out there, and the two biggest are Pacquiao and Mosley. Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions [acting on behalf of Mayweather] are going to do their best to make a deal for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout. Mosley has to win his January 30 welterweight unification with Andre Berto to keep the Mayweather possibility alive.

"If the fight can't be made [with Pacquiao], we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past Berto," Ellerbe said.

Negotiations for Mayweather-Pacquiao will be tough. Mayweather wants the bulk of the money, and so does Pacquiao. Ellerbe doesn't seem to care if Pacquiao's pay-per-view with Miguel Cotto lands a higher buyrate than Mayweather's bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. He stands with Mayweather's position of Marquez bringing very little to the table in terms of pay-per-view buys.

"It's no secret the camps don't see eye to eye, but this is bigger than boxing," Ellerbe said. "We understand the magnitude of this."

"The numbers don't lie, people do," Ellerbe said. "[Pacquiao] had good numbers, God bless him, but he had a dance partner [Cotto] this time."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Either way the fans win.

Pac and Floyd will def fight at some point though.

Its not a matter of if...just when, how and where.

regarding this whole joint, it cant be better said than what SC said on blh.

Floyd's ego is so incredibly fragile that he needs Manny Pacquiao to knock on his door, kiss his mythical ring, and say, "Please, Mr. Mayweather, could we have a fight together?"

In all of this rambling nonsense, never once does he indicate that he wants to fight Manny Pacquiao. He only jabs at Pacquiao having a promoter - the coward! People want Floyd to lose. People are haters. HBO is biased now again, even though they apparently weren't when he was doing one of his fake tearing-up spiels after he beat Marquez. Maybe he can bawl and "retire" for the fourth time instead. Boxing is hard when people keep wanting you to fight.

"But Floyd's always calling out people!" Ah yes, whoever it is wanting some being able to come and get some. Mosley called Floyd out in January. Mosley, legitimate welterweight, as hot as he'd been in years by smashing Margarito. Mayweather remains retired. "I'm retired! That sounds nice and all, but I'm retired!"

A month later Marquez, heavy at lightweight (noticeably heavy at lightweight - let's not pretend he isn't), does an incredibly scripted "I want to fight Floyd Mayweather?" bit after he beats Juan Diaz. WELL IT'S ON NOW! It's like, $*@! retirement, the passion is BACK!

Why did he fight Marquez instead? Money, supposedly! Money that Marquez brings in, which Shane does not. Hey, I'm not going to argue with him. Marquez being the ace of the Mexican fighters today probably makes him a bigger star than Mosley, really, at least in terms of PPV draw. I love Shane, but he's never been a draw. Floyd isn't wrong about that.

But oh wait! Now that it appears Cotto-Pacquiao may well out-draw Mayweather-Marquez, it's "of course it should have," says Floyd, "I had no dance partner. I went to a million homes by myself."

OH I SEE! Marquez isn't a star. That fight was a hand-picked load of *!@@. You are the man. You do take tough fights. Except wait, how does that add up???

Oops, had aneurysm trying to find consistency in Floyd Mayweather logic, brb

45-45 split. Winner gets the remaining 10.
I'd favor Mayweather. Will be rooting for Pac-Man and believes he definitely has a chance.

Originally Posted by EdWord

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Proshares

bigsexy49 wrote:

EdWord wrote:

bigsexy49 wrote:

I don't see Pac losing to Mayweather. Pac's now in his prime & Mayweather is past his.

Manny by decision

did you not see floyd against jmm last month?

Did you not see what Pac did to Hatton & DLH compared to what Floyd did to them?

Another %@!#%%% clown with a moronic statement.

Why is the Mayweather fan allowed to use the "you see what Mayweather did to Pacquiao's opponent" card but the Pacquiao fan can't use the same card? You Mayweather fans are complaining about the things the Pacquiao fans are doing but you guys are doing the same f-----n thing.
indifferent.gif

one dude was saying MM is past his prime, the MM fan said that MM is still in his prime and looking better than ever against JMM. and the pac fan was trying to say was pac is better because he demolished hatton and dlh early as he is trying to back his argument up that MM is past his prime..

different boxers.

not the same.

real talk i was gonna respnd but said efff it lmao , Floyd is the bigger man the faster man he's more defensive oriented then hatton and dela (goin on a limb)....real talk when was the last time manny faced anyone with notable speed?...to he who respnds hatton i would advice that you commit that.

Of course Floyd is the bigger man: he came in OVERWEIGHT against JMM. Cotto was the bigger man too, & look what happened to him when he fought Pac.That's why Pac is this generation's Henry Armstrong. Not even you can deny that. DLH marked up Floyd's face in that fight. What do you think Pac isgoing to do to him? regarding your "noticeable speed" argument: that's just stupid. Did you not see the fight between Cotto & Pac?!?! Youdidn't hear Steward's & Lampley's comment on Cotto's speed being comparable to Pac's?!?!? That's real talk son.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

You didn't hear Steward's & Lampley's comment on Cotto's speed being comparable to Pac's?!?!?
poppycock.

"poppycock"!?!?! Who uses that word these days?!?! I didn't know you fancied words with the word "@$!+" in them. I guess we know whatyour orientation is.... I'll take their opinions over yours ANYDAY.

Originally Posted by bigsexy49

You didn't hear Steward's & Lampley's comment on Cotto's speed being comparable to Pac's?!?!?
poppycock.

"poppycock"!?!?! Who uses that word these days?!?! I didn't know you fancied words with the word "@$!+" in them. I guess we know what your orientation is.... I'll take their opinions over yours ANYDAY.
wow
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bigsexy49

poppycock.

"poppycock"!?!?! Who uses that word these days?!?! I didn't know you fancied words with the word "@$!+" in them. I guess we know what your orientation is.... I'll take their opinions over yours ANYDAY.
laugh.gif

i saw the original reply and i gotta say the edit is a definite upgrade
pimp.gif

1245784570060581296S600x600Q85.jpg

good job bro
wink.gif

This fight better happen within a year time frame. Both fighters arent getting younger, and I want both fighters to be in their prime of their career. I wishfor ONE time PBF would put boxing ahead of money. He is already filthy rich.

Back
Top Bottom