**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

14ke8ah.jpg
is that polow?

roll.gif
He's not Trick Daddy he needs to shave

so i lurk in this thread but hardly ever post. I happen to have $5k laying around and would like to get a nice watch, or watch/bracelet combo.

anyone out there have any ideas as to what I could get with that amount of money? any help is appreciated

-J23C

^^

thank you JChambers and Rjwco..

so you would spend the whole $5,000ish on only a watch as opposed to a watch/bracelet combo?

-J23C

Jewelry wise right now? forsureeeee not Gold, it's too high, in 1998 yes, honestly I would say Rolex watches since they really dont loose value much, Goldsgoing to drop soon, I know it......but "investment" ehhhh wrong word, what are you going to loose less money on later down the road would be the word

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

so i lurk in this thread but hardly ever post. I happen to have $5k laying around and would like to get a nice watch, or watch/bracelet combo.

anyone out there have any ideas as to what I could get with that amount of money? any help is appreciated

-J23C
I say go for one thing. $5,000 is a lot of money, but not so much when you divide it between two pieces of jewelry. Let us know if you needanything also.

Originally Posted by Rjwco

RFX45 wrote:
Rjwco wrote:
^^rolex best investment you can make^^

Sorry, but it's not.

then what is? gold?
laugh.gif

If your buying from a rolex wholsale from me then it is.(ask ben about his stupid deal i got him)

if your going retail then your an IDIOT.
indifferent.gif

jordan23 collect pm me.

First of all not everyone has access to jewelers who could get Rolex at wholesale, most Rolex dealers only give 10%-15% the most and Rolex themselves arecracking on dealers who sell out of state by shipping or giving discounts. Plenty of Authorized Dealers lose their Rolex license/privilege because of that.Rolex monitors these stuff, hell they even have to pick the location of where they display the Rolexes in the store or else they will not allow them to sellit. So right there limits the buyer to finding someone like RJWCO who could get a "deal" or the grey market, which still doesn't offer as muchdiscount as others may think. Plus theres also the factor of buying from an AD for the warranty and buying used can't come with the warranty since Rolexwarranties are non-transferable.

With that said, Rolex isn't a good or even remotely the best investment... actually, it shouldn't be considered an investment at all. Investment has toearn you money in the future and even if you are able to sell your Rolex in 10 years for the same price you paid for it today, did it really gain value? Notreally if you consider price inflation. Rolex prices goes up in price every year but so does the cost of living so a $2k Rolex 2 decades ago isn't exactly$2k in todays living costs so even if you sell that same watch for $3k, it didn't exactly earn you $3k so how can it be called an investment?

Now, others have made a living out of it like LawrenceB at TZ but you have to know watches and not everyone will be very knowledgeable when buying a watch andsaying Rolex is the best investment is highly exaggerated. It's easy to fool people when it comes to Rolex, an used K serial Explorer might sell for $3,500to someone who doesn't know when a used Z or M serial Explorer may sell for $2,500 to those who know watches. Sure it's the exact same watch, conditionmaybe the same but the K Serial was produced in 2001 while a Z serial was produced 2006, a 5 year difference in it's age. So I guess in that way, you cansay it is an investment but in reality it is more of a business or hustle. It will not always work. As usual, the market will determine how well these watcheswill sell. In the current economic downturn, it is easier to buy a second hand Rolex for cheap so buy as much as you can now if you want and stock up beforethe market evens out again. The used market is a buyers market right now but it won't be for too long. Of course buying new and used are different stories.

If you want a watch that will really keep it's value, then get a Patek Phillipe.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Rjwco

RFX45 wrote:
Rjwco wrote:
^^rolex best investment you can make^^

Sorry, but it's not.

then what is? gold?
laugh.gif

If your buying from a rolex wholsale from me then it is.(ask ben about his stupid deal i got him)

if your going retail then your an IDIOT.
indifferent.gif

jordan23 collect pm me.

First of all not everyone has access to jewelers who could get Rolex at wholesale, most Rolex dealers only give 10%-15% the most and Rolex themselves are cracking on dealers who sell out of state by shipping or giving discounts. Plenty of Authorized Dealers lose their Rolex license/privilege because of that. Rolex monitors these stuff, hell they even have to pick the location of where they display the Rolexes in the store or else they will not allow them to sell it. So right there limits the buyer to finding someone like RJWCO who could get a "deal" or the grey market, which still doesn't offer as much discount as others may think. Plus theres also the factor of buying from an AD for the warranty and buying used can't come with the warranty since Rolex warranties are non-transferable.

With that said, Rolex isn't a good or even remotely the best investment... actually, it shouldn't be considered an investment at all. Investment has to earn you money in the future and even if you are able to sell your Rolex in 10 years for the same price you paid for it today, did it really gain value? Not really if you consider price inflation. Rolex prices goes up in price every year but so does the cost of living so a $2k Rolex 2 decades ago isn't exactly $2k in todays living costs so even if you sell that same watch for $3k, it didn't exactly earn you $3k so how can it be called an investment?

Now, others have made a living out of it like LawrenceB at TZ but you have to know watches and not everyone will be very knowledgeable when buying a watch and saying Rolex is the best investment is highly exaggerated. It's easy to fool people when it comes to Rolex, an used K serial Explorer might sell for $3,500 to someone who doesn't know when a used Z or M serial Explorer may sell for $2,500 to those who know watches. Sure it's the exact same watch, condition maybe the same but the K Serial was produced in 2001 while a Z serial was produced 2006, a 5 year difference in it's age. So I guess in that way, you can say it is an investment but in reality it is more of a business or hustle. It will not always work. As usual, the market will determine how well these watches will sell. In the current economic downturn, it is easier to buy a second hand Rolex for cheap so buy as much as you can now if you want and stock up before the market evens out again. The used market is a buyers market right now but it won't be for too long. Of course buying new and used are different stories.

If you want a watch that will really keep it's value, then get a Patek Phillipe.

great post!

Back
Top Bottom