**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I put in a bid of 3500.00 if I would have copped it I would have sold it to get some little cake.

Just a few recent good buys i'd thought I would post, not sure if you have seen already.

Anyway
the first watch went (safari) for $8k
the second (full 27.5 carat) $15k
3rd about (after markat) $4k
and the 4th (very limited edition) $3k.

I just thought they were good value, all are completely factory set by jacob & co except the dial of the third watch.

95636a024863767f209d2c6109ad675dc68df6aa.pjpg
b361674f76292c0d66324120d9b44eedea719401.pjpg
2b636ac0476c7cb024e129160ea76dd95f9c3537.pjpg
1fd369cc451b730e2a9f21ff0fb0656ac1582847.pjpg

nice pickups... not really digging them jawns tho....

not a big fan of jacob watches, the dials always seemed to be more form over function..... not my steez for a timepiece....

guess im the highest bidder now and i doubt ill win and i HIGHLY doubt anyone on nt will get it

So im saying since it was originally yellow gold what would be the process to get it back to yellow? Ive asked a couple times but no answer. Would you justhave to re dip it or is there a way to strip off the Rhodium without damaging the piece?

if you dip it back to yellow its gonna look like a mase/flo rida set up dark yellow most likely,

Originally Posted by Rjwco

and the jesus piece on ebay sold for a good amount.
laugh.gif
i'm guessing you bought it.
laugh.gif

wrong
he relisted it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360122012230&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360122012230&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...geName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123
ebay item no. 360122012230

I already put my bid but doubt illl win it
ohwell.gif

dude hit me up a day ago asking me how much did I think he could get for it. I told him try $11k. then he said a dude named Howard offered him $10k cash. soI assumed it was a wrap. I'd dip that beezy bacc to yellow and throw on a franco and call it a night.

Originally Posted by Rjwco

if you dip it back to yellow its gonna look like a mase/flo rida set up dark yellow most likely,

thats a negative, you can make it look pretty much any color yellow you want if its done right. and that dark yellow sometimes is desirable.
but I've seen a very light 18k before too.

if he was offered 10k he should just take it cause its not gonna hit that on ebay

no duh genius.... but like many good auctions from OG vintage stuff that we used to peep here before there was a retro section and all types of cats who nowown big name streetwear brands would all fight over a rare shoe, etc.... so I think someone told him some bs and then hated on whoever the high bidder was....look at how he ended the auction and the reason and then relist it? and to keep it extra funky, it could be a fake auction regardless of his ebay feedbacc, hedoesn't know anything about jewelry.

Cartier store was robbed by 3 dudes today.........

[h1]High-End T.O. Jewellery Store Robbed By Masked Trio[/h1]
Wednesday January 7, 2009

CityNews.ca Staff

Police blocked off a section of Bloor near Bay Wednesday afternoon following the brazen robbery of a high-end jewellery store.

There are witness accounts of three masked suspects in the vicinity of the Cartier store at St. Thomas Street across from the Windsor Arms Hotel.

Police confirmed as many men entered the store around 3pm, each armed and with their faces covered. In what some have suggested looked like a scene from a Hollywood film, they ordered all staff and patrons to the ground before taking hammers to the display cases and fleeing with a still-unspecified quantity of jewels.

Nobody was injured, but officers showed up seconds too late and the thieves got away - for now.

A shotgun was also recovered not far from the scene, police said, though it hasn't been officially linked to the robbery.

Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS if you can help in the investigation.

One thing I wanted to ask and I spoke to Bigles about this too, I'm a fan of Yellow Gold for basically anything but with that Jesus Piece everyone ismentioning I'm seeing here most people would've wanted it back to Yellow why is that? People don't F__ with White Gold/White Diamonds?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

One thing I wanted to ask and I spoke to Bigles about this too, I'm a fan of Yellow Gold for basically anything but with that Jesus Piece everyone is mentioning I'm seeing here most people would've wanted it back to Yellow why is that? People don't F__ with White Gold/White Diamonds?

Jesus in yellow gold> jesus in white gold
Cross in white gold> cross in yellow gold

I always hated white gold, it just seems stupid to me but again I guess it comes back to where I grew up.

btw that pendant has E clarity diamonds in it.... kinda dissapointing for that price

Back
Top Bottom