**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

You cant wear stocks and forex though lol

giphy.gif

Major investors diversify wit gold..aka..they get somethin they can touch. Gold was neck and neck wit the market until relatively recent times when they started inflating the dollar. I said gold would dip and might some more but that bounce back is bout to be crazy.

Major investors diversify wit gold..aka..they get somethin they can touch. Gold was neck and neck wit the market until relatively recent times when they started inflating the dollar. I said gold would dip and might some more but that bounce back is bout to be crazy.
Investors do not actually invest in physical gold, it's either on paper or it is through futures, stocks that are either directly linked to the price of gold, or a multiplication of the daily change in price. As far as performance goes, gold has underperformed everything, if it is about investing, would be better putting that money in any index fund that follows the DOW, then cashing some of that stock in the future and buying gold with that.

Gold was $1900 August 2011, $2100 in August 2020, $200 difference, not a good investment at all.
DJI was 12,500 August 2011, today it was 33,000, that is almost a 3x improvement, much better investment than the sub $300 change in gold price.

There are times where gold is traded heavily depending on what is going on in the world, times of conflict, and if the US dollar is starting to lose value, people will buy gold then sell it when the dollar is tempting enough to buy again. Probably hundreds of examples and circumstances that will affect a change in price, including when some whale decides to dump a few hundred billion dollars worth of gold when the price is right. The point is that gold usually stays in the same range, has been between $1000-2000 for years, but if traders believe the price will move $800 they will all pile in the market and the price will move but they will jump out of the market when other markets are performing well.

Last edited:
anyone know if directsourcegoldndiamond is legit? was thinking of copping a chain off them...undecided on the 22in or 24in.... the difference is the 24in is 5 grams heavier but 350.00 more

anyone know if directsourcegoldndiamond is legit? was thinking of copping a chain off them...undecided on the 22in or 24in.... the difference is the 24in is 5 grams heavier but 350.00 more

100% legit-I purchased a few chains from them over the years. Everything checked out-purity/weight etc. Nice quality work.

Investors do not actually invest in physical gold, it's either on paper or it is through futures, stocks that are either directly linked to the price of gold, or a multiplication of the daily change in price. As far as performance goes, gold has underperformed everything, if it is about investing, would be better putting that money in any index fund that follows the DOW, then cashing some of that stock in the future and buying gold with that.

Gold was $1900 August 2011, $2100 in August 2020, $200 difference, not a good investment at all.
DJI was 12,500 August 2011, today it was 33,000, that is almost a 3x improvement, much better investment than the sub $300 change in gold price.

There are times where gold is traded heavily depending on what is going on in the world, times of conflict, and if the US dollar is starting to lose value, people will buy gold then sell it when the dollar is tempting enough to buy again. Probably hundreds of examples and circumstances that will affect a change in price, including when some whale decides to dump a few hundred billion dollars worth of gold when the price is right. The point is that gold usually stays in the same range, has been between $1000-2000 for years, but if traders believe the price will move $800 they will all pile in the market and the price will move but they will jump out of the market when other markets are performing well.
I feel u but I'm not talkin bout futures. I was out tryin to buy gold coins and pamps a few months ago and it was hard unless u bought direct because everybody bought it up. Everybody knows our dollar aint backed so they were buying physical gold to HEDGE (as my gee corrected me earlier) their bets

Wouldn’t purchase from them. Quality is subpar, gave them a second chance and just got my rope in today and it’s going back. Lobster clasp loose and doesn’t line up, scratches and dents all over like it was used and soldering job connecting clasp to chain looks so bad like it’s barely hanging on. Had same exact issue with other chain but went against my guy and tried them again mainly for the price and figuring maybe I just got a bad chain the 1st time.

damb that's a shame.... thanks for the input... they gave me a great deal too and sent me an invoice just now... I asked the turnaround time and was shocked it's only two days for a hand made chain...got me second guessing if I should cop... they have 30 day return policy with no restock fee right? it might be worth the risk then I can return if my chain is messed up lol

damb that's a shame.... thanks for the input... they gave me a great deal too and sent me an invoice just now... I asked the turnaround time and was shocked it's only two days for a hand made chain...got me second guessing if I should cop... they have 30 day return policy with no restock fee right? it might be worth the risk then I can return if my chain is messed up lol

Do it , you waited for a good deal

Hopefully you get a good quality one. Did you order direct from them or go through EBay?

Hopefully you get a good quality one. Did you order direct from them or go through EBay?

direct... they gave me a wack price on ebay so i called to get a better price lol..the chain i originally wanted was 5 grams less then the one i might buy...did the math and they were charging 350 more for the heavier chain so i was like come on 70 a gram for 5 grams more dont make no sense

This is the second chain I got from them like this. The other ones soldering job was even worse.

If you in NYC ceratin news programs look into consumer complaints , to get the money back .

The I team or Help me Howard can help you get your money back

Back
Top Bottom