The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Can anyone comment if 31s stretch out or are they forever snug?
The three pairs I've worn have all broken in, as in that they are more comfortable after being worn for a few hours. Ive worn the USAs the most and they are a dream to wear. My fine prints should be there by the end of the week.

Yes, the material does stretch out. I would estimate it took me about 1-2 sessions of about 3 hours of running full court games but it will vary depending on how you play and how much you weigh.

Westbrook's PE looks like it has a solid rubber outsole as well.

And smh at people initially jumping on me when I said I was slipping when playing in the banneds like MY experience couldn't have happened.

A lot of people get really upset when you have anything negative to say about a shoe they bought

get

Another view of Russ' 31s. Players can miss 'long-term' issues during wear-testing, same thing happened to Lebron XIs. It will be interesting to see what's the actual issue. Don't think it's the traction, there's too many quick fixes for that. I think he doesn't like the full length Zoom under Flight Speed setup. This is not a good look for Tate Kuerbis. No doubt they modified Russ' 31s to fit his specs/needs, and he STILL was dissatisfied so they came up with the Frankenstein. I can see how following old foundations (Aj1, AJ2, AJ3, etc) for the new Air Jordan could/will have performance limits and stifles it's true potential.

Last edited:
They could have just made russ a new traction pattern for the 31 and left the midsole .

However I feel like they tried that and found the midsole setup was contributing to the skipping.

1 thing you def need when moving the speed russ does is consistency in traction.

Maybe the heel area zoom is too mushy for his 1 foot take offs too.

You know mike himself hated too soft a heel. It can literally mean inches.

Perhaps the 31 is too flat for him and he prefers the independent forefoot and heel.

Or maybe its jjdd all of the above, so there was no fixing it for him

^Yea when you think of his speed and just the sheer force he puts on shoes, I can imagine that the xx9-xxx setup would work better for him

If you are fat and slow, how bad is the traction going to be on these?

Well I'm not fat nor slow, but I'm 5'3 285 lbs of pure muscles and I move like Steph Curry, maybe a little faster and lighter on my feet (They call me boulder curry on the court)

I also play in the post a lot but I prefer to run the ball when I take the ball from my teammates.

I have noticed no slippage whatsoever and these fit my needs almost perfectly. The only thing is the size issue, they were a little tight on my toes so I got a size 14 and they fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Well I'm not fat nor slow, but I'm 5'3 285 lbs of pure muscles and I move like Steph Curry, maybe a little faster and lighter on my feet (They call me boulder curry on the court)

I also play in the post a lot but I prefer to run the ball when I take the ball from my teammates.

I have noticed no slippage whatsoever and these fit my needs almost perfectly. The only thing is the size issue, they were a little tight on my toes so I got a size 14 and they fit perfectly.
Wait is this a joke? 5'3 and 285 lbs??? That is insane

I don't know what ya'll laughing at but I'm mean in the paint or from the perimeter. My hips are fluid, word to EWD.

I'm strong and built like a tank.

Or maybe a wet rock cause I sweat a lot, sometimes.

I don't know what ya'll laughing at but I'm mean in the paint or from the perimeter. My hips are fluid, word to EWD.

I'm strong and built like a tank.

Or maybe a wet rock cause I sweat a lot, sometimes.
You can't put up these type of descriptions without posting a pic dawg.

Russ must like the traction and or cushion on the 30s better. Lol so the traction does suck. Its odd jordan would do this even if its him. They are pretty much admitting its not a great shoe.
Wow, this is an unbelievable fail for JB!  Russ basically refused to wear them without this change (I'm assuming).  For your flagship shoe to be unwearable by your main sponsor equates to 100% failure in terms of delivering a performance shoe.  If he could have tolerated it for the season, he would have b/c of the message this change sends.  They probably would have been better off having him wear a different model than making this change....ouch!

Back
Top Bottom