The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Man I really don't like the color blocking on those Chicagos... I like the shoe but not the white toe. I wish it was red then white and then fades back to red.

get

Another view of Russ' 31s. Players can miss 'long-term' issues during wear-testing, same thing happened to Lebron XIs. It will be interesting to see what's the actual issue. Don't think it's the traction, there's too many quick fixes for that. I think he doesn't like the full length Zoom under Flight Speed setup. This is not a good look for Tate Kuerbis. No doubt they modified Russ' 31s to fit his specs/needs, and he STILL was dissatisfied so they came up with the Frankenstein. I can see how following old foundations (Aj1, AJ2, AJ3, etc) for the new Air Jordan could/will have performance limits and stifles it's true potential.
Am I the only one that thinks this combination looks pretty good?

get

Another view of Russ' 31s. Players can miss 'long-term' issues during wear-testing, same thing happened to Lebron XIs. It will be interesting to see what's the actual issue. Don't think it's the traction, there's too many quick fixes for that. I think he doesn't like the full length Zoom under Flight Speed setup. This is not a good look for Tate Kuerbis. No doubt they modified Russ' 31s to fit his specs/needs, and he STILL was dissatisfied so they came up with the Frankenstein. I can see how following old foundations (Aj1, AJ2, AJ3, etc) for the new Air Jordan could/will have performance limits and stifles it's true potential.

I think I'm the only one on here that likes the XXX over the XXXI. Glad Russ does too though haha

If those are indeed the black toes will def be passing
They are technically "Chicagos" (that is what JB/Nike is saying in their marketing of these shoes), but even a Chicago CW of the 31s could look a lot better than this.

What has worse traction? These or the Kobe 11 with translucent outsole? For those who owned both

I have both and have no problem with either. Played in the 31's and I had no issue with traction at all on a semi-dusty court.

Westbrook plays on impeccably clean courts so the traction can't be the issue why he switched out the midsole. I also loved the full length zoom.

Man, they are either not trying or just seeing what they can get away with . Would it be that hard to make it a black weave on the toe? They could be killing this model with a few small changes.....smh

Once again, they are dropping the ball with these. They could've made an amazing pair of Black Toe XXX1's. Red leather in the back into white and then fading into a black toe. The colorblocking team needs to be fired.

Jordan brand never stated the XXX1's would match every AJ 1 release. Black toe and Chicago are totally different colorways.
Yeah but even as a Chicago color it's not that great and could have been done a lot better. It doesn't resemble the AJ1 Chicago at all... looks like some custom photoshop.
Once again, they are dropping the ball with these. They could've made an amazing pair of Black Toe XXX1's. Red leather in the back into white and then fading into a black toe. The colorblocking team needs to be fired.
This.

Yeah but even as a Chicago color it's not that great and could have been done a lot better. It doesn't resemble the AJ1 Chicago at all... looks like some custom photoshop.
i think it resembles the AJ1 Chicago as much as the other colorways resemble the AJ1. Which is not much, just same colors. I still like them though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom