[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

pimp.gif

i hate those albums where the best track on it leaked months before the release. in this case, imo, so appalled is the best cut.

I'm really shocked this isn't on the album. Not just because of how good I now know it is, but because of those boardroom performances and the overall bravado of it.

Maybe he thought it was a little too... apprehensive? But it's Kanye.

All I know is, it easily would have been one of my favorite songs on the disc.

Cons' verse is kind of juvenile, though.

Every time I hear " Feel the sweat on your face" it reminds me of that interview with that guy that wiped the "sweat" off his mask. Either way, pretty nice track but I feel like the beat overshadows the lyrics..

Let me start off by saying that MBDTF is amazing musically. Kanye is an incredible artist and puts out incredible songs.

But I cant be the only one that has a problem with this album from a content standpoint. His lyrics and verses are pretty good, but theres not a whole hell of a lot of them. Great production, great feel to the songs....but often times only 2 verses? Some songs he has 1 verse? A lot of times the verses arent even long ones too.

I cant be the only one that takes issue to this. I DO really like the album, its just something that has been bothering me the more and more spins it gets.

Anyone feel the same?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm really shocked this isn't on the album. Not just because of how good I now know it is, but because of those boardroom performances and the overall bravado of it.

Maybe he thought it was a little too... apprehensive? But it's Kanye.

All I know is, it easily would have been one of my favorite songs on the disc.

Cons' verse is kind of juvenile, though.

bittersweet was supposed to be on LR (now on Graduation as a bonus track). MTV even did a little segment of him and John Mayer working on it.

Originally Posted by MzD650

Let me start off by saying that MBDTF is amazing musically. Kanye is an incredible artist and puts out incredible songs.

But I cant be the only one that has a problem with this album from a content standpoint. His lyrics and verses are pretty good, but theres not a whole hell of a lot of them. Great production, great feel to the songs....but often times only 2 verses? Some songs he has 1 verse? A lot of times the verses arent even long ones too.

I cant be the only one that takes issue to this. I DO really like the album, its just something that has been bothering me the more and more spins it gets.

Anyone feel the same?
I know what you mean, and I think it is a legitimate gripe from the standpoint of a hip-hop fan. Most of us are used to three verses and whatnot.
But I think if anything the absence of traditional verse structure helps this album and makes it feel like more of a musical experience and less just another album that a rapper cranked out. Like on DIAND. The beat is insane and the way it just rides in the middle is amazing. It builds up anticipation for Ross' verse and makes it that much better than if Kanye had just been repeating the hook the whole time.

Same could be said for other songs. 

I like what Ye was spitting but Imma just d/l Chain Heavy with all the other GOOD Friday joints when he stops doing them. I aint even gonna bother adding bonus joints to the album. It's fine the way it is.

Something about "Chain Heavy" Kanye that makes you look in the mirror (I'm black) and just appreciate yourself.

That pro-black rap is powerful man...
30t6p3b.gif

i spazzed and DLed the explicit....the music wont change over 10 days...but im sittin in my room bumpin like this dude

cd is a classic. whine about half of the songs being on GF....and then $$@! because the GF songs he's released are better than 98% of the *$*+ out nowadays

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Something about "Chain Heavy" Kanye that makes you look in the mirror (I'm black) and just appreciate yourself.

That pro-black rap is powerful man...
30t6p3b.gif
i try to always feel this way but truth

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by tooreal23

on JULY 8th people had this as the possible track list

1. Hell Of A Life -check
2. Dark Fantasy-check
3. Power-check
4. Chain Heavy-check
5. Ghetto University----ALL OF THE LIGHTS-check
6. That’s My B#%#@-
nerd.gif

7. Runaway-check
8. Lost In The World-check
9. Gorgeous-check
10. Monster-check
11. Holding Me Back -
nerd.gif

12. Devil In A New Dress-check
13. The Joy-check
14. So Appalled-check
15. Blame Game-check
16. Sweat On My Face -
nerd.gif

seems almost on point.

Spoiler [+]
i would bet all of these are real songs so i wonder where sweat on my face is?

good friday this week maybe?
Wow, that's crazy...
Damn I thought all those Good Friday songs were newer ones...

Seems like he was working on this album for awhile...
lets see here 
only 3 outta 16 from the OG track list leaked back in the day have yet to be heard 

that is pretty cool if you ask me

I wish he'd put a Power version with this 2nd verse, goes too hard, and this performance was proper to say the least, 'Ye made a normal SNL performance a effffing music video come to life
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom