The Official Killzone 2 Thread: Vol. OP Updated PG1 | PSN Clan List PG1 | FW1.27 is LIVE!

I'm totally loving the Scout character disgn. Both Helghast and human.
Hope I'll be able to get this today
WOOT WOOT

I hope that MP stats weren't reset.

I need a mom and pop store in Syracuse bad. The downside of living in a city like this is that nothing that you are used to is available.

this + the show 09 = atrocious spring semester grades

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

http://gamebattles.com/ps3/killzone-2/team/niketalk

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

pimp.gif
You already know.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
why you surprised?

Well yea.... this isn't coming out for Xbox.... so we figured.....
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

You mean besides the horrible PSN interface? Or the lack of party chat? Hell the lack of quick chat invites IN GAME... No M$ is winning because their service isfar superior to that PSN offers.

Horrible? Just different. I prefer Sony's... if I want to talk to someone, I'll $++!+$# call them.

How are your rip-off Wii characters?
laugh.gif

^^ eh, its not sony ...its the game developers, its up to them if they want to implement it ...some games already have that function ...

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

KneeNoh wrote:
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

KneeNoh wrote:
pimp.gif
You already know.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
why you surprised?

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

You mean besides the horrible PSN interface? Or the lack of party chat? Hell the lack of quick chat invites IN GAME... No M$ is winning because their service isfar superior to that PSN offers.

Horrible? Just different. I prefer Sony's... if I want to talk to someone, I'll $++!+$# call them.

laugh.gif

Please let's not get on that HORRIBLE thing called home.
laugh.gif
Itdoesn't matter anyways. come tomorrow i'll be on that HORRIBLE PSN playing Killzone for a while. So I'll have to learn to tolerate its inferiority.

^^ eh, its not sony ...its the game developers, its up to them if they want to implement it ...some games already have that function ...
No its Sony... really has VERY little to do with Game Devs..

explain? cuz midnight club racing has that custom soundtrack function and its develop by rockstar ...as far as quick game invite...RE5 has thatfunction, but SFIV doesn't ...its up to the developer ...just like when trophies first came out ...until recently SONY made it mandatory ...

Originally Posted by i3allistic

explain? cuz midnight club racing has that custom soundtrack function and its develop by rockstar ...as far as quick game invite...RE5 has that function, but SFIV doesn't ...its up to the developer ...just like when trophies first came out ...until recently SONY made it mandatory ...

Trophy support and in-game music support are two different things. For trophy support Game Devs have to create specific librarys for players to trigger certainevents that allows for points (or trophies in PS3). I.E. In game code... IF player #1 opens this door "x" number of times... he/she will get"y" trophy. In game music is far less challenging. As with the Xbox in-game music is a constantly streaming feature. It plays constantly.. during thegame.. during loading screens... during FMVS (unless the Dev programs it to stop any "external" music at certain points). Its not something the GAMEDEVS put into the game. Its a firmware function.

is there a huge difference between this game and Resistance 2? i havent opened resistance 2 and im thinkin about returning it for store credit.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by i3allistic

explain? cuz midnight club racing has that custom soundtrack function and its develop by rockstar ...as far as quick game invite...RE5 has that function, but SFIV doesn't ...its up to the developer ...just like when trophies first came out ...until recently SONY made it mandatory ...

Trophy support and in-game music support are two different things. For trophy support Game Devs have to create specific librarys for players to trigger certain events that allows for points (or trophies in PS3). I.E. In game code... IF player #1 opens this door "x" number of times... he/she will get "y" trophy. In game music is far less challenging. As with the Xbox in-game music is a constantly streaming feature. It plays constantly.. during the game.. during loading screens... during FMVS (unless the Dev programs it to stop any "external" music at certain points). Its not something the GAME DEVS put into the game. Its a firmware function.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26484287&page=2

here discussion about the custom soundtrack feature ...

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Please let's not get on that HORRIBLE thing called home.
laugh.gif
It doesn't matter anyways. come tomorrow i'll be on that HORRIBLE PSN playing Killzone for a while. So I'll have to learn to tolerate its inferiority.

http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ee50fd5http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ee50fd5http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ee50fd5 http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ee50fd5 http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/5ee50fd5

u do realize that HOME is still in beta right?� i mean it just started its open beta like 3-4 months ago, ill admit that its not exactly what a lot of peopleexpected it to be but its constantly evolving, what youre seeing in the video is some of sony's first BIG videogame-HOME cross interaction, yeah its not asbig as sliced bread but its a start, stuff like this is why sony claims to lead the pack, we all know xbox live has a better communication set up with featureslike voice messages, cross invites, cross chat, party system but all those are from xbox days, yeah sure sony is behind the original xbox in some ways in termsof communication but its really not that serious or game ruining

and NO, it is game devs, the game devs have to apply it to there game music tracks so that it runs properly unlike this microsoft stuff where u hear outsidemusic when you're not supposed to, i dont want to be hearing outside music during cutscenes, sony set it up to repace ingame music and not to be somethingconstantly running externally

Its not something the GAME DEVS put into the game. Its a firmware function.
do u even know how it works for the ps3?� it has everything to do with game devs, thats why santa monica released a music patch for pixel junkmonsters soon after as 2.4 came out

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

is there a huge difference between this game and Resistance 2? i havent opened resistance 2 and im thinkin about returning it for store credit.

I didnt like the online gamplay in Resistance 2.
I traded it in for Street Fighter IV and received $29.00 for it.

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

I didnt like the online gamplay in Resistance 2.
I traded it in for Street Fighter IV and received $29.00 for it.

i saw a bunch of them at circuit city and decided to pick it up for $30 bucks ...R2 is straight doo-doo
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tommorello

Iv had this game since yesterday and its not as fun as COD4 online
frown.gif

hype from NT FTL...
u know a majority of america doesnt get it til tomorrow right?

and i thought sonys american servers dont activate til tonight

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by tommorello

Iv had this game since yesterday and its not as fun as COD4 online
frown.gif

hype from NT FTL...
u know a majority of america doesnt get it til tomorrow right?

and i thought sonys american servers dont activate til tonight
Im not in America brother...

As for in game music, M$ does NOT have a patent on that. Sony just has yet to implement it.

[h2]Method and apparatus for creating and playing soundtracks in a gaming system[/h2]http://www.google.com/patents?id=mx93AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=gaming+soundtrack
A gaming system includes a game console that executes an application that creates and plays soundtracks through the gaming system. The application allows auser to create soundtracks by copying audio tracks from one or more audio sources. A user-created soundtrack can be associated with a particular game such thatthe user-created soundtrack is played during execution of the game instead of the game's default soundtrack.
Patent number: 6981918
Filing date: Feb 12, 2004
Issue date: Jan 3, 2006
Inventor: Victor Keith Blanco
Assignee: Microsoft Corporation
Primary Examiner: Kim Nguyen
and heres the link http://www.google.com/patents?id=mx93AAAAEBAJ&dq=gaming+soundtrack

Back
Top Bottom