THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

im scoping south dekalb mall and stonecrest.....every store sayin monday or tuesday, but they really aint sure 
I know South Dekalb definitely should be getting them tomorrow.  But whatever store you're going to, I'd just get there early because employees had friends of theirs coming in asking and they'd probably try to hold them.

Guys working out a deal to sell my GC Xmas 8s for the ASG 9s how do these fit? Should I get 10.5 or 11? I wore 11 in the 8s but they looked longer than the 8s and I don't want them looking goofy on me

No idea how the 8s fit but definitely go TTS.

Thanks bro

I saw some people saying they were a little bit longer in the length but if I get a 10.5 I'm afraid they'll be too tight so maybe I should stick to my usual 11, I just know with longer cut shoes and larger cuts like Jordans I've been getting 10.5 lately

Cant wait to see these in person, tuesday cant come any sooner. From all these pics and comments seems like i will not be dissapointed.

Thanks bro

I saw some people saying they were a little bit longer in the length but if I get a 10.5 I'm afraid they'll be too tight so maybe I should stick to my usual 11, I just know with longer cut shoes and larger cuts like Jordans I've been getting 10.5 lately

Well, it is a little long but turned out to be perfect when I tightened my laces a bit. I also know dudes like a little space in the toebox when they ball anyways and they go half a size up usually in other shoes so that's probably why it's a little long here in the 9s.

The jordan 1 NAs, XIs I go TTS at 10.5 and Kobe 9s I also go 10.5. Been perfect so far

View media item 807795
Took these to the court the last 2 days to test them out and this is what I think so far...

For those that have questions regarding the size I stayed true to size. I wear an 8 in the IV, V, VII, VIII, and the same goes for these. Although they are a wider for like the VIII I felt as though they lock you down much better. I laced them to the second to last lace hole and there was no slippage at all. On the first day of hooping in them I did feel some pressure points from the collar when cutting simply because it wasn't broken in yet. I had no problems with that today. Traction was ok when I first got them on court but once I started doing some drills and getting shots up the traction was on point. Heel to toe transition is great. Like someone mentioned before there is a layer of a more sturdy material under the actual flyknit so the feel is probably not the same as the runners but I can't say for sure since I don't own any. It's similar to the layer of fuse that was under the engineered mesh in the VIIIs. All in all it is a great shoe to hoop in. Would it be my top shoe? Hard to say yet since my HD 2013 are at the top right now. I'll have to give these more time in the gym to really say where they will be placed in my rotation.

If you have any questions let me know.

Took these to the court the last 2 days to test them out and this is what I think so far...

For those that have questions regarding the size I stayed true to size. I wear an 8 in the IV, V, VII, VIII, and the same goes for these. Although they are a wider for like the VIII I felt as though they lock you down much better. I laced them to the second to last lace hole and there was no slippage at all. On the first day of hooping in them I did feel some pressure points from the collar when cutting simply because it wasn't broken in yet. I had no problems with that today. Traction was ok when I first got them on court but once I started doing some drills and getting shots up the traction was on point. Heel to toe transition is great. Like someone mentioned before there is a layer of a more sturdy material under the actual flyknit so the feel is probably not the same as the runners but I can't say for sure since I don't own any. It's similar to the layer of fuse that was under the engineered mesh in the VIIIs. All in all it is a great shoe to hoop in. Would it be my top shoe? Hard to say yet since my HD 2013 are at the top right now. I'll have to give these more time in the gym to really say where they will be placed in my rotation.

If you have any questions let me know.
Well, it is a little long but turned out to be perfect when I tightened my laces a bit. I also know dudes like a little space in the toebox when they ball anyways and they go half a size up usually in other shoes so that's probably why it's a little long here in the 9s.

The jordan 1 NAs, XIs I go TTS at 10.5 and Kobe 9s I also go 10.5. Been perfect so far
thanks guys, I think I want to go 10.5 on these, haven't seen any in my price range so I guess the 11 will do

I played ball for 2 hrs yesterday and these do not breath at all compared to other flyknit shoes. The flyknit on these are crazy stiff and thicker than my chukka's and lunar 1's. For everyone saying that these are longer in length than the 8's, I would agree with that. I am a 10.5 in the 8's and decided to go with a 10 in the 9's. I have wide flat/feet and the 1/2 size down fits good with kobe 8 elite shocks(I like my ball shoes tight). These shoes have great lockdown and traction on a clean floor. I also played on a dust court yesterday for one game and did have some normal slippage, which required wiping the soles. I will be steaming them tomorrow before I play ball and let people if that helps to soften and form the flyknit.

^^^ the cool thing about the Masterpiece is the MC on the flyknit. every shoe will not replicate each other, just like the MC flyknit racers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom