THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
mannn this box that came with the shoe is falling apart...due to poor construction it seems the tabs that go in the holes dont fit and its all loose everywhere...plus they ain't give me my extra laces or card!
it's cool though...was going to hoop in these anyways
For real, my gumbo box came all discombobulated and the sizing sticker half way coming off.

As for the shoes, they feel amazing. Got a 9.5 and there is a little room but I dont mind it. Just means I can get either size 9 or 9.5 in any of these elites. Thinking about selling my gator kings and gumbo elite socks to get some MPs.

It's weird that they would release kids so late. It makes me think that they would probably release men's again down the line.

Thanks for posting the release date for the GS MPs. Definitely a cop for her.

Looks like my pair may be here soon.

The NRGs are clean, both colorways!!! But not worth what they're going for, no matter how limited. I gcould find McFly Hyperdunks for cheaper, back when they first released.

I bit the bullet too for the masterpiece...my size $411. Had to have em. Can't wait to get till they come. I will probably only lace them up half way and let the long tongue flop forward a bit. Look kinda like a boxer with them laced to the top IMO

The NRGs are clean, both colorways!!! But not worth what they're going for, no matter how limited. I gcould find McFly Hyperdunks for cheaper, back when they first released.
I haven't paid resell prices on any shoe ever in life. I was actually offered $1450 cash for the NRG's. **** that. Keeping them.

nice lineup navster
Thanks. Think I'm done until the Details. And the Details are actually my favorite lol. Unless they drop a red pair... I hope they're not that hard to get, but I'm seeing almost everyone liking them in this thread. I'm also seeing the hype building gradually for them, so I can only imagine what it will be like in a month.

Last edited:
My buddy is a trainer for the mystics and wizards, most players tape or wear braces. If they tape they retape at half time. I, like the previous poster, wear braces because I've turned mine enough to know that if I land on someone's foot without braces it means crutches. With braces it means a couple of sore days. Much easier to stomach as a recreational player that plays for fun and fitness.

Part of it is playing style. I jump on my jump shots which can lead to being undercut. Or going up in the lane for a shot or rebound. Plus I've turned my ankles several times so the ligaments are weaker despite having done rehab.

All that said the Kobe 9s are very comfortable with ankle braces and I had no problems with the Kobe 8s with braces either for comparisons sake. I don't think the kobe 9s offer more ankle support though because they are no where near as rigid as braces.
Wearing braces all the time doesnt allow for the muscles in your feet and ankle to build up strength to support themselves. Also people with high arches are prone to ankle sprains while low arches/flat feet tend to not sprain their ankles as often. Im flat footed and ive never had an ankle sprain that hurt longer than a couple runs up and down the court. Ive also been playing several times a week for 14 yrs

Last edited:
Just got my ASG's, :wow:

They looked good in person at Nike Las Vegas, but I feel like they look even better in my hands, :lol:

Got the Nola Box and tarrot card, too, :pimp:

The Nola Gumbo patch on the inside of the tongue is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wearing braces all the time doesnt allow for the muscles in your feet and ankle to build up strength to support themselves. Also people with high arches are prone to ankle sprains while low arches/flat feet tend to not sprain their ankles as often. Im flat footed and ive never had an ankle sprain that hurt longer than a couple runs up and down the court. Ive also been playing several times a week for 14 yrs

Got my ASG's from UPS and I'm in love!! Now I gotta find a way to rock these casually without looking like a ninja lol. If not, i guess I got to go the ninja way. 

Back
Top Bottom