THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

His question was not about taste, it was about fairness.
yeah and i gave my opinion about it. If taste aside, Chaos V's and Christmas Lights VIII's BOTH for a pair of MP's is not fair. Inspirations and Details BOTH for a pair of MP's is not fair. Of course i'm talking about each in current resell market value. 

Same thing for my Kobe 8's analogy. 2 pair of PP's could equal up to a good resell price of the Prelude 8's. Now lets say you like the Prelude 8's but you also like BOTH colorways of the PP's, which would you choose. Do you bring in the "2 shoes for 1 is a bad deal" or "2 GR's for 1 Limited is a good deal"

On what planet do people trade based on retail cost?
I know that trades aren't done purely on retail value.  But dude was offering him either chaos 5's or xmas 8's for MP, which would be a comeup for whoever gets the MP.  I stated he should ask for both pairs, in the case that the other party says he is giving up too much for MP's he can either break it down mathematically or simply walk away from the trade since chaos or xmas kobes don't hold the same monetary or rarity value as the MP's.

Showtimes are a must!! I said I was done after the Details. Nike keeps taking my money.

Hopefully the Showtimes are GR like the Perspectives.

$900+tax on four shoes, I've fallen into the trap again.

And Nike thanks you for your business...

Don't feel alone fam. :lol:

Showtimes are a must!! I said I was done after the Details. Nike keeps taking my money.

Hopefully the Showtimes are GR like the Perspectives.

$900+tax on four shoes, I've fallen into the trap again.
 I've spent $1000 on 4 kobe IX elite's so far after taxes. so we're in the same boat

ninja edit on bad math lol

Last edited:
Damn. MSRP is $225. Have you bought all your pairs from Shoe Palace for $250?
NYS and local taxes man lol. 

and in my opinion, 8's is a better performer as well. Traction is way better on the 8's. Only thing you're missing out on is your shoes "looking like" they're flyknit

I know that trades aren't done purely on retail value.  But dude was offering him either chaos 5's or xmas 8's for MP, which would be a comeup for whoever gets the MP.  I stated he should ask for both pairs, in the case that the other party says he is giving up too much for MP's he can either break it down mathematically or simply walk away from the trade since chaos or xmas kobes don't hold the same monetary or rarity value as the MP's.

Then he should reference the monetary value that the shoes are worth which vinotwofour vinotwofour broke down quite nicely, not how much they were at retail. At the end of the day, he should trade for what he wants, not what we or anyone else thinks is fair.

I just decided that we have to dead any talk of calling the yellow lows "Bruce Lee's"....

Reason? Because although the yellow/black colorway, which is utilized throughout Kill Bill, is borrowed from Bruce Lee... Calling these Kill Bill's would be more appropriate because The Bride's deadly viper name is none other than.... thats right.... "Black Mamba"

Last edited:

I just decided that we have to dead any talk of calling the yellow lows "Bruce Lee's"....

Reason? Because although the yellow/black colorway, which is utilized throughout Kill Bill, is borrowed from Bruce Lee... Calling these Kill Bill's would be more appropriate because The Bride's deadly viper name is none other than.... thats right.... "Black Mamba"
It's a Nickname, bruh. 

DEAD ALL Nicknames. Especially if they're not given from jump. 

Reason?... It's Lame & Only leads to Hype.

FOH, i'll call em what i want. "nicknames are lame" sure bro... stay fonzie cool.

I saw people calling them the bruce lee's... kill bills are more appropriate if you're gonna name em.

the correlation between the colors and the name is like the most realistic non official nickname criteria out of anything... spidermans? foh

Last edited:
FOH, i'll call em what i want. "nicknames are lame" sure bro... stay fonzie cool.
I saw people calling them the bruce lee's... kill bills are more appropriate if you're gonna name em.

People call em Bruce Lees cause there was a BL V. That's all. No history lesson needed.

You call em Black Mambas, everybody else calls em Bruce Lees...

But Nike calls em $160... that's all that really matters. :rolleyes

Last edited:
People call em Bruce Lees cause there was a BL V. That's all. No history lesson needed.

You call em Black Mambas, everynody else calls em Bruce Lees...

But Nike calls em $160... that's really all that matters.
eyes.gif
im not mad at black mambas

the correlation between the colors and the name is like the most realistic non official nickname criteria out of anything... spidermans? foh

People call them Bruce Lee's because of the previous Bruce Lee Kobe releases, which explicitly referenced Enter the Dragon with the 3-pronged slash. If you want to make the argument that people should not only drop the obvious colorway resemblance and to ignore the history of the line then fine, but it didn't seem like that's what you were doing.

Back
Top Bottom