The Official Kobe X iD thread

I don't understand some of you.

The shoe releases.

Nike states its for a limited time but since its readily available at the moment you don't really want it.

As soon as your size disappears all of a sudden you want it 10X more then you did just a couple hours ago. 

Now you're pissed for missing out & hoping for a restock.

Well why didn't you just buy them when they were available??

Oh, you were waiting to see what others would do? If everyone was buying them up you'd jump on it, if not, you're good.

That somehow determines how bad YOU want something now.......
mean.gif

The shoe releases.
Nike states its for a limited time but since its readily available at the moment you don't really want it.
As soon as your size disappears all of a sudden you want it 10X more then you did just a couple hours ago. 

Oh, you were waiting to see what others would do? If everyone was buying them up you'd jump on it, if not, you're good.
That somehow determines how bad YOU want something now.......:smh:

:lol:

The shoe releases.

It's like this all the time.

You can't "miss out" on IDs. It's literally impossible. There are no bots to battle, no splash pages, no countdowns, no cart jacking, no site crashes, etc.

The shoe releases.

Partially agreed because:

A) Not everyone has the liquidity to drop 250 with out some sort of consideration.

B) They had hoped others would be able to receive their pairs and share before ordering, so that they have some guidance to the real life colors.

C) Low key resellers trying to guage hype.

Yeah, my guess is that they are treating this as a limited QS, similar to the MM for the IX.

I am really curious to see how they look thougj.

I am not down with seeing these being abused with remakes and whatever.
It's a much much much longer window of availability than the MM's (as you may know).

Abused? How is getting a crappy paint job/totally misaligned toe and getting it remade an abuse? Nike's liberal return policy on these shows just how much they do make on them - it's nothing to them to get them returned. They knew the black medial was crap, it's why they removed it.

What are you actually bothered by? That some folks ordered 8 pairs and sent half back? Don't get your point...

Passing on grinches. If mambacolors are still up in a few weeks I'll grab a pair I just don't got another 270 right now. My MCs came in today super quick too I think I ordered the 10th. This is my first X and they fit me so much better that my 9 MCs. Maybe it's blasphemy but I actually like these better than my 9s that weave is better and I got this purple toe which is dope. Crappy iPhone pic below

View media item 1841915
View media item 1841916
View media item 1841917

It's a much much much longer window of availability than the MM's (as you may know).

Abused? How is getting a crappy paint job/totally misaligned toe and getting it remade an abuse? Nike's liberal return policy on these shows just how much they do make on them - it's nothing to them to get them returned. They knew the black medial was crap, it's why they removed it.

What are you actually bothered by? That some folks ordered 8 pairs and sent half back? Don't get your point...

Everyone has their POV. But my underlying point is I would rather have these be limited, not widely available and on everyone‘s feet like the 72-10s. By abuse, I would rather see these Grinches / MM as something exclusive and special.

I don‘t condone seeing people by 10 pairs and returning 8 because he was upset for whatever far fetched reason. That to me is absurd and a waste of resources. I can understand the defect part though as being logical, rational, and responsible.

Nike needs the marketing hype to peak and I suspect when people actually see Kobe wearing it tomorrow is when the window starts to shrink further.

Last edited:
Everyone has their POV. But my underlying point is I would rather have these be limited, not widely available and on everyone‘s feet like the 72-10s. By abuse, I would rather see these Grinches / MM as something exclusive and special.

I don‘t condone seeing people by 10 pairs and returning 8 because he was upset for whatever far fetched reason. That to me is absurd and a waste of resources. I can understand the defect part though as being logical, rational, and responsible.

Nike needs the marketing hype to peak and I suspect when people actually see Kobe wearing it tomorrow is when the window starts to shrink further.
Yeah I agree with you. Even though Nike is a huge company and the people buying the shoes use their own money and can spend it how they choose to, buying multiple pairs with the intention of only keeping 1 or 2 seems really unethical - especially since the shoe has to be custom made from scratch.

That's just my view on the situation. Obviously not everybody thinks the same.

I ordered one pair and chose to have it remade because of some minor issues, and I feel guilty for that. And because the shoe I built had custom IDs on the tongue, it's not like they can just resell the shoe either so it's feels like a huge waste. I just hope the remade pair does not have any flaws because I can't see my self asking for another remake. 

Last edited:

It's telling that you start off saying you want them limited. You want exclusive/special, locate one of those treasure hunt pairs, or head to the Staples Center for the special box Xmas drop. Or better yet, save up and buy a HTM IX.

And, umm, they won't be on everyone's feet like the 72-10's - that comparison is laughable. Kobe numbers are nowhere in the ballpark of a huge huge Jordan holiday release.

And who cares if you condone it? They have the money, and Nike has the return policy. I returned 4. In the end I'll have purchased and kept 9, including grinches. Is that ok?

It's telling that you start off saying you want them limited. You want exclusive/special, locate one of those treasure hunt pairs, or head to the Staples Center for the special box Xmas drop. Or better yet, save up and buy a HTM IX.

And, umm, they won't be on everyone's feet like the 72-10's - that comparison is laughable. Kobe numbers are nowhere in the ballpark of a huge huge Jordan holiday release.

And who cares if you condone it? They have the money, and Nike has the return policy. I returned 4. In the end I'll have purchased and kept 9, including grinches. Is that ok?

A lot of people care actually. But I think I‘ve said enough about that. Let me put it this way, I wouldn‘t teach my kids to be that way.

And by exclusive, I didn‘t mean they had to be a treasure or whatever. As long as they are available for people who want them, I think its fair. I was just using the Jordan XI as an analogy. It wasn‘t meant to be a direct comparison.

Either way I hope the grinches look good. I am a big fan of Kobe lows but the XI doesn‘t appeal to me.

Wow Crimson looking good bro

Merry Christmas

I'm rocking mine out tonight boy these look great but they feel good I love the way they feel compared to the 9s I have a wide foot tho

These dum dums (on my team) have no reason to be dancing at practice this season. :smh:

They must've been watching Ben Simmons clips.

And I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Grinches. I wish they'd just made the sole not glow in the dark, I would've copped immediately.

I had a remake that took about 2 weeks or a little less. They originally sent me a pair that a bunch of numbers written into the outsole :smh:

Damn that is quick. And lol at the numbers. So the numbers were imprinted on the outsole or were they just written with a marker or something?
They looked like they were written with some kind of marker or pen. I had a gum outsole on that pair, and I noticed the numbers because they used a silver marker.
Wow first time I've ever heard specific sizes be gone for IDs. I know they sell out but not like gradually. Well I haven't been doing this for the longest so maybe that's why. Hehe.

All these black swoosh/grey medial/glow outsole makes me want to return my gum bottom pairs. Good thing they don't have a 12 anymore. Hehe.
The asymmetrical upper from earlier this year also sold out gradually by size. They might've just made a certain number of each upper type for each size in advance, and they sell out by size because of that reason.

These are my favorite MC pair. Great job on em

Yeah I really like these too. I'm tapped out right now or I would make them. I wanted to get the five rings badly but can't grab them this weekend since all my money is spent on gifts. I got like 800 in fantasy football winnings coming in on the 9th I plan on grabbing a pair of five rings on the resell market but if they are asking for absurd prices I'll just cop these IDs IF they are still up

How good does the Crimson actually look guys? Is it poorly painted on or does it look good? That pair is ridiculous I would do the same design just gold swoosh and speckles

Back
Top Bottom