The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Picture1.png

Wassup with that Lil Wayne Desktop. Send me a personal message.

I don't think you can change the finder icon. I also tried when I first got my Mac and nothing happened.

StaXX wrote:
I don't think you can change the finder icon. I also tried when I first got my Mac and nothing happened.

yeah you can change it... a couple guys on here have theirs changed... but i've got a ? myself, may be dumb, but whatever... when i went to change my dockicons it only brought up finder, dashboard, trash empty/full, url and widget... how do i change itunes iphoto web browsers etc...?

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

candybar & liteicon can help you guys with your icon trouble...

yeah i am using liteicon and the ones i mentioned were the only icons it brought up... any ideas??

Is it possible to watch blu-ray quality movies if I have them backed up on my computer using dvi to hdmi? (computer to 1080p tv)

5lp6vp.jpg

My set up. 15" Unibody Macbook Pro (replaced prior MBP for free thanks to applecare), 20" Cinema Display. 26" Vizio LCD tv hang over (you canslightly see it) LaCie 500GB external HDD for time machine.

I love these new macbook pros, my only gripe is it only has 2 USB ports
indifferent.gif
. Oh, and my bluetooth is acting up.

oh yeah, don't know if anybody knows.. but there's an app called fluid tunes that lets you control itunes through hand movements (you'll need a macwith iSight cam) i tried it out and it was okay, hopefully they work on it a little more. here's the link for anybody wanting to check it out http://fluidtunes.com/

I'm about to get a Display for my MBP I was thinking between the one CWrite just posted or the new one that came out.

if you dont mind glossy, go for the new LED displays. colors are better and they bring you more USB ports, the one i have has 2 USB and 2 firewire 400..which idont use..ever. and i dont think it comes with that huge power brick either.

I gotta see it in person, I got my MBP about 3 weeks before the new ones came out and the reason was I wasn't a fan of Glossy being added.

ah, well the glossy isnt that bad. i dont really have any complaints other than the USB ports.. but you can tell the difference between the colors on bothscreens. also, if you do get an LED display you'll have to get an adapter also

^ Yup that too, I want a clean look for my station/desk and not have too many cords around.

What do you use your Vizio LCD for specifically (I'm guessing it isn't your main tv) ?

well, if you dont want a lot of cords.. I'd get the LED display. for the simple fact that it charges your MBP also.. meaning one less wire on your desk.but the only problem i'd see with that is on your MBP your DVI and power connection are on opposite sides so I dont know how that would work. I use it justas a tv, it's not my main TV, that one is behind me and is 42" just got tired of turning around all the time and this one was on sale

also if you're looking for a stand for your MBP, I was looking through macrumors forums and found this:
mstand_back_white500.jpg
looks awesome and I might order if after the holidays. or you canuse a Griffin Elevator which is good also. http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html there's the siteif you're interested

Back
Top Bottom