The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Man i'm still with Mavericks.
2011 MBP is it worth even going to Yosemite ???
I was planning on upgrading after this semester was over.

Still have yet to upgrade to El capitan. Everyone's reaction up until this point isn't justifying the upgrade. Perfectly fine with Yosemite

I just upgraded to El Capitan today. Performance is smoother than Yosemite for me. I also like the split screen function a lot.

Last edited:

thanks man now the dreaded decision of if I want to grab the terabyte or 500 gb
mean.gif
I have a samsung 850 evo 500 gig in mine. worth every cent 
pimp.gif

Anyone have the Magic Mouse (v2)? Thinking about grabbing one but the reviews are a little polarizing. Trying to hear some real-life insight :lol:.

Anyone have any experience with swapping their hard drive with a ssd?...I have a 2011, I upgraded the RAM, I'm just debating on investing in upgrading the Hard drive or just selling my macbook and buying a newer one

Anyone have any experience with swapping their hard drive with a ssd?...I have a 2011, I upgraded the RAM, I'm just debating on investing in upgrading the Hard drive or just selling my macbook and buying a newer one
mid 2012 macbook pro here.

upgraded ram to 8 gigs and put an 850 samsung ssd in it. mine boots up faster than the current macbook pro retinas. 
pimp.gif

upgraded ram to 8 gigs and put an 850 samsung ssd in it. mine boots up faster than the current macbook pro retinas. :pimp:

Hmm, I can do the labor myself it's relatively easy...I just wonder with all the newer software/tech...if prolonging the life of this one would last

upgraded ram to 8 gigs and put an 850 samsung ssd in it. mine boots up faster than the current macbook pro retinas. 
pimp.gif
Hmm, I can do the labor myself it's relatively easy...I just wonder with all the newer software/tech...if prolonging the life of this one would last
Mid 2010 here.  8 gig + SSD and my joint is still kicking.  If your macbook is fine now, i dont see a point in spending that extra bread.  Just cop the SSD.

I've probably asked this before but what is the simplest way to get my Sony Vaio iTunes over to my Macbook iTunes?

Can I get some help, por favor?

I bought this Mac back in March. It was on sale and I knew I only had plans to edit photos so I thought 128gb would've been enough. I recently purchased a MyCloud to store my pics and music but Other is still taking most of my space. Thanks for the help.

Bought a 128 ssd and removed the the CD drive from my 2011 macbook and installed it along side my hard drive. 

SSD is my boot drive while i store a majority of my files on the hard drive.

Anyone ever experienced the problem where your macbook wouldnt turn on? When i press the battery button, it shows a full charge and also the power cord is plugged in.

Could it be a memory or hdd problem? Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Can I get some help, por favor?

I bought this Mac back in March. It was on sale and I knew I only had plans to edit photos so I thought 128gb would've been enough. I recently purchased a MyCloud to store my pics and music but Other is still taking most of my space. Thanks for the help.

Mycloud? Hmm gotta look into this

Anyone have any experience in using wireless/Bluetooth number pads? I punch hundreds/thousands of numbers a day at work and it kinda sucks using the ones on the normal keyboard.

I've scoped a few out on Amazon, just wondering if anyone can recommend a particular model.

Sidenote/OT: I wish they made more Space Grey accessories. Pretty annoying that the Magic Mouse is exclusively in white when they don't even make white computers anymore :smh:.

Last edited:
^I just bought 16 GB RAM from OWC for my '09 iMac. Works great and can clearly see the difference in speed.

You can't go wrong with either Crucial or OWC...I think the difference between the two was the warranty and price.

Back
Top Bottom