The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Have you done a SRAM or even a PRAM reset?

Hows the HDD? Try running permissions or even repair the HD?

Did you install any recent apps/programs prior to these issues?
Did all of these that you mentioned and my computer seems to be running better for now. Will report back if i have any more problems. Thanks. 

This Magic Mouse 2 is crazy. I've had it, and used it at least 8 hours a day since November 25th (21 days) and it's on 71%. I haven't charged it once since I got it. At this rate I won't have to charge it until March :lol:.

This Magic Mouse 2 is crazy. I've had it, and used it at least 8 hours a day since November 25th (21 days) and it's on 71%. I haven't charged it once since I got it. At this rate I won't have to charge it until March :lol:.

I may cop one, the batteries in my MM1 dont even charge to 100% any more

anybody running on dual 4k monitors? head it was too slow...i want a dual monitor setup...two 4ks or 1 4k and other HD 1080
I was thinking about doing this. Thing is I have a MBP 2010 so id need to upgrade to the MBP Retina to have any shot at doing this. Maybe once another BF deal comes around ill invest in something like this. 

Thinking of buying this 21 in iMac 2011 for 525 off of Offer Up to use for graphic design and light video Editing .it has the full cs5 suite installed. Should I pull the trigger? any insight would be helpful.

Ever since I upgraded to el capitan I've had nothing but issues.
mean.gif

First was the microsoft office mess, multiple productivity I use are now filled with bugs and problems, and not mention runs slower overall then ever.

I've had nightmare with the original hard drive which probably wasn't related but I ended up losing data and buying a new one.

Since the new drive I've had iTunes completely destroy my library and the partition I boot off of has twice become unreadable or corrupt so thank goodness for time machine restores.

So to my question, I'm inexperienced with Time Machine, is it possible to restore to a prior backup of Yosemite but still keep files and documents from after intact? Or is the safest bet to separately backup data from after then migrate it in.

Ever since I upgraded to el capitan I've had nothing but issues.
mean.gif

First was the microsoft office mess, multiple productivity I use are now filled with bugs and problems, and not mention runs slower overall then ever.

I've had nightmare with the original hard drive which probably wasn't related but I ended up losing data and buying a new one.

Since the new drive I've had iTunes completely destroy my library and the partition I boot off of has twice become unreadable or corrupt so thank goodness for time machine restores.

So to my question, I'm inexperienced with Time Machine, is it possible to restore to a prior backup of Yosemite but still keep files and documents from after intact? Or is the safest bet to separately backup data from after then migrate it in.
If your inexperienced the best option is the latter option. You can try the time machine then and if it doesnt work your date is still saved on a separate drive so you can load it back up.

I need some help. So my mid 2012 mbp has been working fine up until about a month ago. Currently on 10.10.5 with 16gb ram. Computer has slowed down across the board with all apps. Constantly getting the spinning color wheel and occasionally it will restart on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
I'm having these same exact problems with mine. Same year/model as well. 

It's been even worse since I upgraded to El Capitan.  My kid brother has a 

newer model with the retina display MB and his computer is just all around 

faster and more quiet than I remember mine being.  I'm more than annoyed 

and just decided to throw it on CL for 7. 

Might be time for a new Macbook.......screen is starting to look like a SNES Mario game
What year is your MacBook?
mid 2010
There was a recall on the 2011 macbooks due to the video card failing.

Take you macbook to the apple store and let them know about the video issues you are having.

You may get the entire logic board and battery replaced for free.

hey guys - i got my wife a new MBP for Christmas, do i need to install norton anti-virus on it or is it cool to just leave it alone?

that's cool. 3 years is good.

Hopefully i can get 6 years out of it like some of the peeps here.

how long do they last for anyway?

any discounts on new mbp anywhere?

my laptop sucks now got in like 2012, i use mac all the time but its technically my moms.

im on my toshiba notebook right now it was great but even as i type its slow and i got an arrow key missing

i like the gold if possible

Last edited:
any discounts on new mbp anywhere?

my laptop sucks now got in like 2012, i use mac all the time but its technically my moms.

im on my toshiba notebook right now it was great but even as i type its slow and i got an arrow key missing

i like the gold if possible
Best buy has 126gb mbp for 1099

Back
Top Bottom