The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

any apple tv users here? is it nice?

Love my Apple TV. It's awesome if you're already in the ecosystem. I use mine for Apple Music, Netflix, Plex and YouTube.

There may be a new one dropping this fall though, so I would wait if you can.

Last edited:
Gave Bootcamp a try to get my Windows 10 going but I wasn't too high on having to switch back and forth between the two operating systems by restarting the machine.

I've been doing some research on RDCs and virtualization.

Tried Micrososft RDP and Jump Desktop, but didn't like the feel.

Being doing some research on which virtualization program to cop before spending the money. Narrowed it down to VMWare and Parallels.

Leaning toward Parallels but wanted to see what others thought

Gave Bootcamp a try to get my Windows 10 going but I wasn't too high on having to switch back and forth between the two operating systems by restarting the machine.

Being doing some research on which virtualization program to cop before spending the money. Narrowed it down to VMWare and Parallels.

I've never used Parallels. But I've been using VMware Fusion (with Windows 7) for about 5 years now and don't have any complaints at all. Here's a post I made before with some comments on VMware.

http://niketalk.com/t/119065/the-official-mac-thread-docs-themes-apps-etc/10660_20#post_27762431

Last edited:

I use Parallels and have had no issues.

I only using it to run some engineering programs I need though

Dam really tempted to cop this macbook pro 13 w/o the touch bar. I have the Barclays card from when I got my wife a MacBook, and they're running another no interests promo.

Only thing id upgrade is the ram so far, would the processor be worth it? I figured I can always buy an external SSD to help the 256gb

Last edited:
Hi guys, so I've had an HP laptop for the past few years but it broke down and I'm looking for a new laptop. I use my laptop for basic schoolwork (Office, Eclipse, etc) and also use for videos and shows. I dont do photo/video editing or any gaming. I see on eBay there's the 20% off promo going on and I found a Macbook that seems like a pretty good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152233530373

Anyone own or have any experience with this one? How do you like it if so? I have an ebay bucks coupon that brings the total to $372 all in.

Thanks.

Dam really tempted to cop this macbook pro 13 w/o the touch bar. I have the Barclays card from when I got my wife a MacBook, and they're running another no interests promo.

Only thing id upgrade is the ram so far, would the processor be worth it? I figured I can always buy an external SSD to help the 256gb
I have the 13-inch non-touch bar with maxed out ram. Handles photo editing with ease. 

Great purchase, IMO. I'm happy with it.

Just wondering if anyone here is interested in black marble slickwrap for the new 13in MBP. The keyboard surrounding piece is for non-tb.

Hi guys, so I've had an HP laptop for the past few years but it broke down and I'm looking for a new laptop. I use my laptop for basic schoolwork (Office, Eclipse, etc) and also use for videos and shows. I dont do photo/video editing or any gaming. I see on eBay there's the 20% off promo going on and I found a Macbook that seems like a pretty good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152233530373

Anyone own or have any experience with this one? How do you like it if so? I have an ebay bucks coupon that brings the total to $372 all in.

Thanks.
Since you are using Eclipse, i assume you are taking coding classes? The storage and memory on this laptop are both not ideal, but it's not a terrible deal for the price  

Can anyone recommend a good laptop bag?

One that goes over your shoulder. I currently have a 13in but will probably go with 15in sometime in the future so I'd like to get something that'll fit a 15. Also something with extra pockets for chargers/tablets/etc. I'm eyeing this one:

Amazon product ASIN B00V64H0FM
But wondering if anyone has something different that they might recommend. Or if I should stay away from this one altogether. The consensus of the reviews is positive but the negatives look pretty bad. I'm not opposed to a backpack-type bag either. Appreciate it.

Last edited:

Saw this late, but over the weekend they were offering the 13 with student discount at Best Buy for approximately $1250. I think they had it today also. I ended up getting it because of that. I only wanted the touchbar because of the fingerprint sensor anyway.

Saw this late, but over the weekend they were offering the 13 with student discount at Best Buy for approximately $1250. I think they had it today also. I ended up getting it because of that. I only wanted the touchbar because of the fingerprint sensor anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I'm not a student [emoji]128533[/emoji], plus I was hoping to use the Barclays Apple Card, since they're having a no interests promo

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I'm not a student [emoji]128533[/emoji], plus I was hoping to use the Barclays Apple Card, since they're having a no interests promo

You don't have to be a student. They just give it to you for that price. I ordered online and picked it up in store.

Can anyone recommend a good laptop bag?

One that goes over your shoulder. I currently have a 13in but will probably go with 15in sometime in the future so I'd like to get something that'll fit a 15. Also something with extra pockets for chargers/tablets/etc. I'm eyeing this one:

Amazon product ASIN B00V64H0FM
But wondering if anyone has something different that they might recommend. Or if I should stay away from this one altogether. The consensus of the reviews is positive but the negatives look pretty bad. I'm not opposed to a backpack-type bag either. Appreciate it.

I currently use this for my 12" MacBook. However I've gotten my 15" late 2013 Pro in it as well. Both with tight fitting sleeves. I liked it so much I bought a second one. They are on sale and it says only 5 left.

Amazon product ASIN B00MHLCSMS

what external HDD do you guys run?

Currently using my old HDD that came with my macbook pro, however it a while ago and im scared itll do the same.

Seagate Lacie seem to have good ratings, any other recommendations?? 

I've been thinking about buying an external SSD but I've been using cloud storage for work so I've been holding out on it.

I like those Porsche design Lacie's but I don't know if I want a 2TB HDD for $100 or a 120GB SSD for $90.

Obviously more storage would be better but the speed of SSD is a draw as well

I've been thinking about buying an external SSD but I've been using cloud storage for work so I've been holding out on it.

I like those Porsche design Lacie's but I don't know if I want a 2TB HDD for $100 or a 120GB SSD for $90.

Obviously more storage would be better but the speed of SSD is a draw as well
Grabbed the 2TB Seagate from Amazon with the case, couldnt justify the Lacie external HDD for what I need it for

Any idea when the next MacBook Pro is dropping? In need of a new one but have read mixed reviews for the 2016 model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom