The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Might get a refurbished 2016 13" mbp without touchbar. Whats the best way to transfer my files over (word docs, pics and music)

I plan on just doing a back-up of my current machine & then installing it on the new one when i get it.

PO

I deal with factories in China and Italy and while I really don't think about work after 6PM :lol: if there is anything urgent I'd like to be able to answer at home due to the time difference. I have my inbox set up on my iPhone, but a laptop viewing would be way easier to manage.
Have you looked into Outlook for Mac?

https://products.office.com/en-us/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook?tab=tabs-1

Checking this link out now, though I don't believe we are set up under 365. Would I be able to have access still?

Likely just gonna ask our in-house IT rep if he knows how I can view my inbox from home.
You can set up Outlook for an Exchange account on any version of Office, it doesn't need to be 365. But for newer versions of Outlook for Mac, your company's actual Exchange Server needs to be updated to a compatible version in order for it to work. I have Office/Outlook 2016 for Mac and I get an error when trying to add my work email to it because the Exchange server is an older version. For whatever reason Outlook for Windows doesn't have this restriction. If you already have Outlook on your Mac your best bet is to just try and add your account and see if it works.

We likely get the same error then. It doesn't recognize my account.

I don't have Outlook on my Mac other than the Apple mail client.

I will figure this out at some point :lol:

Did the new 13" mbp always have 2.3ghz for the base model? Or did they just bump it for the 2017 version?

^ I think it's for the '17 model, I might be wrong tho. I'm new to Apple and all their different options on internal hardware got me confused lol. I got the late '16 jawn and it's got the i5 2.0Ghz processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD.

Fellas any suggestions for physical laptop protection? What are my case options for a 13" MBP, I would like something slim. I seen some of the prices in best buy and I hit the Conceited gif in my head.

^ I think it's for the '17 model, I might be wrong tho. I'm new to Apple and all their different options on internal hardware got me confused lol. I got the late '16 jawn and it's got the i5 2.0Ghz processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD.

Fellas any suggestions for physical laptop protection? What are my case options for a 13" MBP, I would like something slim. I seen some of the prices in best buy and I hit the Conceited gif in my head.

I had speck cases for my last two macbooks. They were super clean and fit well and if you take care of them im sure they last. They have a few different finishes too, i always liked the soft shell silicone feel. Not sure what color you have, but they looked great with the lit up apple.

Im loving my new MBP. Have been playing football manager the past two days and it looks and runs great. The fan comes on and it gets hot but nowhere near as loud as my Air used to. And the space grey is just sick. I dont want to put a case on her

I am not a huge fun of anything after 2015. You can definitely get some good deals out there. Know that anything after 2015 has no SD card slot, you can't really connect your iPhone to it, you will need an adapter for that.

I am not a huge fun of anything after 2015. You can definitely get some good deals out there. Know that anything after 2015 has no SD card slot, you can't really connect your iPhone to it, you will need an adapter for that.

Yea these ports are the one thing im not fond of. But i feel like the next iphone will have a usbc charger so that will be a lot better. I only really used the USB ports.

Yea these ports are the one thing im not fond of. But i feel like the next iphone will have a usbc charger so that will be a lot better. I only really used the USB ports.

For sure, if it's not something you use now or see yourself using in the future, then by all means you can mess with the 2016 or 2017 MBP.

I am not a huge fun of anything after 2015. You can definitely get some good deals out there. Know that anything after 2015 has no SD card slot, you can't really connect your iPhone to it, you will need an adapter for that
You can buy a USB-C to Lightning cable.

And with the SD Card, there's either a cheap hub or USB-C adapter for it.

I bought a case for my 13" from Amazon. It's pretty good and does the job, but I only used it when I travel. When I'm at home, it's bare. Planning on getting the new incase sleeve for it and be set.

Protection?

I just have a dBrand skin on mine

I really planned on putting some supreme stickers and **** on my next mac but this space grey is too damn sexy. Might just have to leave it bare

I really planned on putting some supreme stickers and **** on my next mac but this space grey is too damn sexy. Might just have to leave it bare
The space gray is too nice for some stickers. 

Keeping mine au naturale.

The space gray is too nice for some stickers. 

Keeping mine au naturale.

Same for me. Coming from a 2012 to a 2017 the thinness of this device still amazes me. Sometimes I spend a minute just marveling at the craftsmanship.

I had speck cases for my last two macbooks. They were super clean and fit well and if you take care of them im sure they last. They have a few different finishes too, i always liked the soft shell silicone feel. Not sure what color you have, but they looked great with the lit up apple.

Im loving my new MBP. Have been playing football manager the past two days and it looks and runs great. The fan comes on and it gets hot but nowhere near as loud as my Air used to. And the space grey is just sick. I dont want to put a case on her
if you read a couple of posts back - I have the same as you - a 13" MBP in space grey :lol:

My brother has a clear plastic peck on his 2015 MBP, but I was looking into that soft silicone shell as well.

I bought a case for my 13" from Amazon. It's pretty good and does the job, but I only used it when I travel. When I'm at home, it's bare. Planning on getting the new incase sleeve for it and be set.
gonna look some up, also gonna see where I can get the lowest price on a good hub

Protection?

I just have a dBrand skin on mine
I've thought about a skin, but I want full protection just in case. I like to baby everything I own and keep it looking as close to brand new as possible :wow:

Speaking of the space grey MBP... I tweeted slick wraps to please make a naked(clear) series for the MacBook like how they have for the iPhones. No luck yet though. If anybody comes across one please share

I got a 2010 macbook pro and trying to hook two monitors up to it. What do I need?

I believe it would depend on the specs of the monitors you are trying to run on. You can see if there is some sort of docking station . What I am planning to do is buy an external GPU to support multiple 4k monitors but that may not be the most cost effective.

After going only Apple for my MBP, I finally have started ditching my accessories. I recently got rid of the Magic mouse and bought a Logitech MX Master 2S. You lose the gesture control, but the button customization on the MX Master is crazy. Satisfied so far. Next is the wireless keyboard in return for a Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac and then my Airport Extreme for something better.

After going only Apple for my MBP, I finally have started ditching my accessories. I recently got rid of the Magic mouse and bought a Logitech MX Master 2S. You lose the gesture control, but the button customization on the MX Master is crazy. Satisfied so far. Next is the wireless keyboard in return for a Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac and then my Airport Extreme for something better.

Yea the apple accessories are just meh usually, depending what you need. The MX Master to me is the best mouse out. I saw that Microsoft made a new keyboard with a fingerprint sensor. Although useless for a desktop at home, I wonder if it would work with MacOS. I doubt it.

it seems like all these usb hubs will charge your phone and stuff slowly? This is what im getting from reviews. I charge stuff through my macbook frequently so if I pay good money for a hub I need it to be legit

Yeah, I've been using the MX Master and I love it. Really comfortable and easy to program. Only thing that is a bummer is the bluetooth issues. So, I use the USB adapter to connect.

Good suggestion on the keyboard. I've been considering getting a keyboard when I get more space to work. I may consider this one.

Back
Top Bottom