The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Yes. Surprised it's $99.99. I could have been thinking of the Satechi Hub that looks similar to this.
It's kinda steep to be honest, I was ready to trade in some hardware to best buy but I don't think they will accept this old 360 :rofl:

Yes. Surprised it's $99.99. I could have been thinking of the Satechi Hub that looks similar to this.

Is that on their main site? Can't seem to find it. https://www.hypershop.com

Haven't heard of Satechi, so now I will need to compared that to Hyper. :lol:

Also, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

PO
I don't find it on their site either. This is the closest one https://www.hypershop.com/collectio...-c-5-in-1-hub-with-pass-though-usb-c-charging

It doesn't have the 2 USB-C ports, just 1, and it's also missing the HDMI port.

There's also this one that sticks out kinda like a portable HD drive

https://www.hypershop.com/collectio...yperdrive-usb-type-c-hub-with-4k-hdmi-support

Last edited:
Im really considering grabbing a new computer. My mid 2012 macbook isnt cutting it anymore. I barely use it. I only play two computer games (both sports simulations) and it gets so damn hot and loud and bogs down. Anybtime i install something new i have to try to clear space because my storage has 90 gb of "other". Gonna try to sell it, hopefully ill get a decent return.

Just not sure whether I should get an ipad, macbook, or imac. I'm considering grabbing an ipad and an imac since best buy is having their sale

Im really considering grabbing a new computer. My mid 2012 macbook isnt cutting it anymore. I barely use it. I only play two computer games (both sports simulations) and it gets so damn hot and loud and bogs down. Anybtime i install something new i have to try to clear space because my storage has 90 gb of "other". Gonna try to sell it, hopefully ill get a decent return.

Just not sure whether I should get an ipad, macbook, or imac. I'm considering grabbing an ipad and an imac since best buy is having their sale
How much you letting it go for?

I'd like to get about $400. That said, I have not actually researched prices so I dont know if thats realistic or not.

Its the basic 13" model macbook air from that mid 2012 cycle. The casing on the outside is a little beat up but it runs perfectly fine. If somebody used a case theyd never know.

I sold my first macbook pro for $600 cash at about 4-5 years old when i got my air so thats all Im guaging my price off of

I'd like to get about $400. That said, I have not actually researched prices so I dont know if thats realistic or not.

Its the basic 13" model macbook air from that mid 2012 cycle. The casing on the outside is a little beat up but it runs perfectly fine. If somebody used a case theyd never know.

I sold my first macbook pro for $600 cash at about 4-5 years old when i got my air so thats all Im guaging my price off of
Gotcha. I dont know why I thought it was pro. I'm not really a fan of the airs and I think apple is going to get rid of that whole line soon.

I just got back from checking out bestbuy.

Right now my top two candidates are the 21.5 4k imac and the 13 in 256gb macbook pro.

I feel like the imac is the best bang for your buck. Bigger screen and better performance, just not portable. Which is sadly kindve a bug deal.

I love the space grey MBP but i have to pay more to get the 256gb so i dont run into the problem i have now where my disk is getting full. So its like 1-200 more just to be portable with worse specs everywhere else

Im just thinking aloud i cant decide lol

Last edited:
^ Just get a refurb MBP from Apple and call it a day. The update wasn't that much of a game changer that the late 2016 joints are outdated now.

You'll save a nice chunk of $ doing so, too.

Upgraded from a 2012 13in MBP to a 2017 15in MBP and this thing is a work of art 
pimp.gif

Think ive decided on the non touchbar 2017 13" MBP with 256 gb in space gray. Should be $1400 on best buy. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow

Looking into these adapters and hubs now. Would like to get something with 3 or more USB ports

What app can I use to access Outlook/Exchange (work email) form home on my MBP? :nerd: Would be easier to scan thru my inbox on the laptop quicker than mobile.

Last edited:
Think ive decided on the non touchbar 2017 13" MBP with 256 gb in space gray. Should be $1400 on best buy. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow

Looking into these adapters and hubs now. Would like to get something with 3 or more USB ports
I just copped the late 2016 spec model in space grey about 2 weeks ago at best buy. It's the first one you linked in one of your posts, it added up to a total of $1,470. Mind you I traded in my old laptop and they discounted $100 off that plus they discounted another $100 when I bought a 3-year apple care plan.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...e-2016-retina-display-no-touch-bar-specs.html

What app can I use to access Outlook/Exchange (work email) form home on my MBP? :nerd: Would be easier to scan thru my inbox on the laptop quicker than mobile.
I just use the stock Mail app. It's not a true Exchange client since it only polls the server for new messages every 5 minutes, but unless you need to urgently respond to every email you should be fine.

I've tried looking for other clients but none are as simple and "just get it done" as the Mail app :lol:. I would just use Outlook for Mac but my company's Exchange server needs to be updated to become compatible and I can't find the time/reasonable excuse to do it since I'm the only one that's suffering because of it :\.

Last edited:
Picked up my 2017 MBP yesterday. Ended up being $1400 after student discount. Havent been to school in like 4 years lol.

Also picked up the standard USB adapter with it to hold me over until i get a USB hub.

I migrated all of my data through wifi while i slept and currently at work so by the time I get home that should all be done. Super excited to start using it and see how Football Manager performs on it.

Anybody got suggestions for selling my old Air?

Offer up if you live in a highly populated area (more people more buyers)

If not eBay it probably would be gone in a couple hours

I just use the stock Mail app. It's not a true Exchange client since it only polls the server for new messages every 5 minutes, but unless you need to urgently respond to every email you should be fine.

I've tried looking for other clients but none are as simple and "just get it done" as the Mail app :lol:. I would just use Outlook for Mac but my company's Exchange server needs to be updated to become compatible and I can't find the time/reasonable excuse to do it since I'm the only one that's suffering because of it :\.

I deal with factories in China and Italy and while I really don't think about work after 6PM :lol: if there is anything urgent I'd like to be able to answer at home due to the time difference. I have my inbox set up on my iPhone, but a laptop viewing would be way easier to manage.

I deal with factories in China and Italy and while I really don't think about work after 6PM
laugh.gif
if there is anything urgent I'd like to be able to answer at home due to the time difference. I have my inbox set up on my iPhone, but a laptop viewing would be way easier to manage.
Have you looked into Outlook for Mac?

Last edited:
I deal with factories in China and Italy and while I really don't think about work after 6PM :lol: if there is anything urgent I'd like to be able to answer at home due to the time difference. I have my inbox set up on my iPhone, but a laptop viewing would be way easier to manage.

https://products.office.com/en-us/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook?tab=tabs-1

Checking this link out now, though I don't believe we are set up under 365. Would I be able to have access still?

Likely just gonna ask our in-house IT rep if he knows how I can view my inbox from home.

https://products.office.com/en-us/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook?tab=tabs-1

Checking this link out now, though I don't believe we are set up under 365. Would I be able to have access still?

Likely just gonna ask our in-house IT rep if he knows how I can view my inbox from home.
You can set up Outlook for an Exchange account on any version of Office, it doesn't need to be 365. But for newer versions of Outlook for Mac, your company's actual Exchange Server needs to be updated to a compatible version in order for it to work. I have Office/Outlook 2016 for Mac and I get an error when trying to add my work email to it because the Exchange server is an older version. For whatever reason Outlook for Windows doesn't have this restriction. If you already have Outlook on your Mac your best bet is to just try and add your account and see if it works.

Last edited:
Might get a refurbished 2016 13" mbp without touchbar. Whats the best way to transfer my files over (word docs, pics and music)

Might get a refurbished 2016 13" mbp without touchbar. Whats the best way to transfer my files over (word docs, pics and music)

How many files do you have?

Migration assistant (built in software) is the most convinient

If you have Apple Music/Spotify then just redownload the app and log in and you're good on music

If you don't have a **** ton of files (like me :lol:) then Dropbox/google drive can push your stuff to the cloud, install on your new machine and it'll re download

But migration assistant is the best option tbh if you've got a lot of stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom