The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

you think you can fix it yourself and just buying the parts.

My OG 2008 MacBook aluminium still going strong. (knock wood)

i've replace the ram, gonna replace the battery and and charge.
I looked into the steps on ifixit and idk if I trust myself enough to do that properly.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good quality compact printer/scanner combo? My fam is currently using an Epson Stylus NX330 and it's reliability has been on the decline these past few months.

I looked into the steps on ifixit and idk if I trust myself enough to do that properly.

You gotta take risks, only way to learn how to fix and repair things. I know I’m good personally fixing electronics like this cause I’ve pulled apart my MacBook to clean out the logic board when it was overheating.

Just do it or just get a new computer if your not about that ifixit life.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good quality compact printer/scanner combo? My fam is currently using an Epson Stylus NX330 and it's reliability has been on the decline these past few months.

Definitely get a HP Office jet printer or Brother laser printer you can’t go wrong with both.

Why was it replaced?

Kept restarting for no apparent reason. Apple try to recreate the problem but they couldn’t, they gave me back my og watch but when I got it back it kept restarting for no reason again. So it was swaped for a new one.

They just replace the watch module not the bands which I’m okay with.

I feel blessed. They replaced it with a new one. :pimp:

Last edited:
Kept restarting for no apparent reason. Apple try to recreate the problem but they couldn’t, they gave me back my og watch but when I got it back it kept restarting for no reason again. So it was swaped for a new one.

They just replace the watch module not the bands which I’m okay with.

I feel blessed. They replaced it with a new one. :pimp:

Nice! Was it a series 3?

Nice! Was it a series 3?

i wish, its a series 2. I'm surprise they still had Series 2 in stock, since apple discounted the model.

The apple watch is a very clutch device in my arsenal of tech. i workout on the regular so its nice to have watch/device that helps keep track of my overall health and well being. plus it came it watch OS 3 not 4. OS 4 lost a lot of functionality especially with the music app and was buggy. not upgrading to OS 4 anytime soon.

i wish, its a series 2. I'm surprise they still had Series 2 in stock, since apple discounted the model.

The apple watch is a very clutch device in my arsenal of tech. i workout on the regular so its nice to have watch/device that helps keep track of my overall health and well being. plus it came it watch OS 3 not 4. OS 4 lost a lot of functionality especially with the music app and was buggy. not upgrading to OS 4 anytime soon.

I did upgrade to 4. I didn't notice a bit of difference in functionality between OS3 and 4. The only thing I notice is the battery getting weaker. I do love my watch though.

In a dilemma right now. I have a Mac Mini Late 2012 with an i7. Also a Space Grey Macbook 12 2016. There are limitations to both setups, and I am looking to consolidate into.

Mac Mini - It cannot work with a monitor greater than QHD. I am about to upgrade to a 4k monitor for work, as well as some side stuff I do. So this may render the Mac Mini useless. Plus the old tech can use some upgrading.

12" Macbook - It can run on 4k, works fine for light duty. But it is limited.

If I sell both, where do you guys recommend and what can I get? I am thinking of consolidating into one Macbook Pro. Also any recommendations on which MBP? 13 or 15? Newest model or latest 15? I am trying to make it so whatever I sell my Mac Mini and Macbook for, I would have to add to much too it.

Mac Mini - 16gb ram 1tb fusion (500gb ssd 500gb spinning), i7 so fully loaded really.
Macbook - 8gb ram and the intel core m or whatever.

My Touchbar 15 inch (first model) keeps giving me this usb issue “USB accessories disabled” whenever I try to plug in my iPhone 7 Plus. It detects it only sometimes. But most of the time it crashes my Mac. tried the SMC and NVRAM reset to no avail.

Edit: nvm, looks like it was a faulty lightning cable

Question for any producers / artists out there, is your MacBook Pro with USB-C capable of powering a USB audio interface and a microphone? I just got some studio monitors and haven’t tried it yet. I’m wondering if a iMac/desktop would be better.

Last edited:
My Touchbar 15 inch (first model) keeps giving me this usb issue “USB accessories disabled” whenever I try to plug in my iPhone 7 Plus. It detects it only sometimes. But most of the time it crashes my Mac. tried the SMC and NVRAM reset to no avail.

Edit: nvm, looks like it was a faulty lightning cable

Question for any producers / artists out there, is your MacBook Pro with USB-C capable of powering a USB audio interface and a microphone? I just got some studio monitors and haven’t tried it yet. I’m wondering if a iMac/desktop would be better.

It should. The Audio interface should be doing most of the heavy lifting. I know M-audio has a newer one with USB-C.
I think this: Click Here

Would you guys recommend that I get a refurbished mbp to save a few hundred?

I would do an open box at Best Buy. When they have a sale going on, check out the open box options on the one you want. The sale carries over to the open box as well allowing you to save $300+.

I bought the 2015 MacBook as an open box during a sale. It was listed as $1299 and I got it for $945. Additionally, I called Apple and got AppleCare on it. It was originally bought during the summer of 2015 which wouldve been ineligible for AppleCare. However because I had a Best Buy receipt in 2016 the AppleCare now extends out to 2019. A good 4 years after it was produced.

Last edited:
Thanks bro, I’ll look into that. It looks pretty clean, but hopefully more functional

Yea not sure if thats exactly what you need. Hopefully it is though. Im sure there are more advanced ones that also now run thunderbolt/usb-c.

Anyone considering the HomePod?
I am. Want to read the reviews of them first. If they are only sync'd to play music through Apple Music, then I'll pass.

But if the sound quality is worth it, I may consider it.

Initial reviews are pouring in about the HomePod. So yeah it might be worth it. Especially if your music fanatic like me.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/26/homepod-early-reviews/

Will be getting one, even though the real features aren’t baked in.
Sounds good. But I stopped when the reviewer said "If you close your eyes and listen, it sounds like a live performance".

Cmon son. No speaker at that price point will sound like that. Unless I'm missing out lol.

Sounds good. But I stopped when the reviewer said "If you close your eyes and listen, it sounds like a live performance".

Cmon son. No speaker at that price point will sound like that. Unless I'm missing out lol.

Idk, only piece of sound equipment that I’ve experience something like that was some nose quit comfort headphones and Sony noise cancellation headphones.

I’m still considering other smart home speakers like google home max which are $399, but I’ll like to keep my options open.

Idk, only piece of sound equipment that I’ve experience something like that was some nose quit comfort headphones and Sony noise cancellation headphones.

I’m still considering other smart home speakers like google home max which are $399, but I’ll like to keep my options open.
Word, same here.

Back
Top Bottom