The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Idk, only piece of sound equipment that I’ve experience something like that was some nose quit comfort headphones and Sony noise cancellation headphones.

I’m still considering other smart home speakers like google home max which are $399, but I’ll like to keep my options open.

Not a fan of Sonos? I think the flexibility in streaming options are attractive, with the possibility of Airplay 2 coming to it as well. Then again I dont own any so I dont know how good or bad they sound.

Man, the newest MacBooks with the touchscreen nav bar above the keyboard is dope af.

I ran into someone at a coffee shop and he said the touch bar has been ok. A couple times he said he’s accidentally hit the escape keep while typing and it takes him directly out of the app. Accidental touches sound like a pain.

The touchbar is a pure gimmick but tech like that is rarely done well on laptops. I’ll give Apple credit cause they engineered is very well into the laptop.

In the market for an iPad Pro? Is it worth copping or should I just go for the iPad 5th gen?

depends on the use. If you are just using it for media, I think the regular iPad should suffice. If you are actually going to use some of the pro features it is worth it for the pen, and smart connector alone. We use it for some 3D design work and some other things we do with AutoCAD at work, so the pro is a must.

In the market for an iPad Pro? Is it worth copping or should I just go for the iPad 5th gen?

New iPad Pro gonna drop in spring 18. If willing to wait a drop retail go ahead and wait. But your gonna find a good deal now on the ‘17 iPad Pro now and after the iPad Pro ‘18. It’s rumor to be bezels like the iPhone X and have Face ID with the notch.

I'm happy I didn't get the Touch Bar. Really useless for my needs. Didn't think it was worth the additional cost.

What are some must have apps for the Mac in 2018? I remember that was a fun topic to discuss on NT.

I'm happy I didn't get the Touch Bar. Really useless for my needs. Didn't think it was worth the additional cost.
Agreed

I usually get the “top” model but I opted out. Seemed pointless and just another thing to break on a laptop and have issues with

Personally, I think I would still want a 15". Unfortunately that only comes with the Touch Bar. That said, I usually don't take it out on the road so I doubt I would even interact with it much. My 2013 Pro typically sits on my desk attached to a display and I use the mini bluetooth apple keyboard and mouse.

Personally, I think I would still want a 15". Unfortunately that only comes with the Touch Bar. That said, I usually don't take it out on the road so I doubt I would even interact with it much. My 2013 Pro typically sits on my desk attached to a display and I use the mini bluetooth apple keyboard and mouse.
Yeah, I wanted the 15" for the size, but not the top bar. Probably should have bought the maxed-out previous model 15" that was listed the same price as the new model. Oh well.

Yeah, I wanted the 15" for the size, but not the top bar. Probably should have bought the maxed-out previous model 15" that was listed the same price as the new model. Oh well.

I’m using a maxed out late 2013 I bought in 2014. I got it at a great price because it was a close out model. It’s great but my options are limited when it comes to using it on a 4K display.

i need a new mbp, still rocking my '08 OG pro model. I'm so surprised it lasted this long. Only issues i have with it right now i can boot into OSX cause the partition is messed up on that side so OSX has performance bugs on it. Using Windows 7 right now which work flawlessly on this '08 macbook pro

If gonna buy a new macbook pro I'm gonna need it to have 16gb ram and 1TB ssd hardrive and i7 core . Its gonna be gwap but i know it will be well worth it down the road. will needto have dual boot Windows 10 on it though for work related reasons.

"The RAM is soldered to the logic board. Pay for the upgrade now, or be stuck with 8 GB forever. There is no chance of upgrade."-ifxit.com :smh::smh:

The RAM is soldered into the logic board on both the 13 and 15 inch model, but the SSD can be replaced. Might just do a custom model with a 16gb ram, and look for SSD drive up to 2tb if one is out there(cause apple only has it up 1tb) from a different company and replace it myself down the road.

Last edited:
i need a new mbp, still rocking my '08 OG pro model. I'm so surprised it lasted this long. Only issues i have with it right now i can boot into OSX cause the partition is messed up on that side so OSX has performance bugs on it. Using Windows 7 right now which work flawlessly on this '08 macbook pro

If gonna buy a new macbook pro I'm gonna need it to have 16gb ram and 1TB ssd hardrive and i7 core . Its gonna be gwap but i know it will be well worth it down the road. will needto have dual boot Windows 10 on it though for work related reasons.

"The RAM is soldered to the logic board. Pay for the upgrade now, or be stuck with 8 GB forever. There is no chance of upgrade."-ifxit.com :smh::smh:

The RAM is soldered into the logic board on both the 13 and 15 inch model, but the SSD can be replaced. Might just do a custom model with a 16gb ram, and look for SSD drive up to 2tb if one is out there(cause apple only has it up 1tb) from a different company and replace it myself down the road.

I had that same line of thinking. Maxed out processor, maxed 1tb ssd, maxed 16gb ram. The issue I run into now is 2 things.

1. The processor, ram, ssd are great and fast. Im future proof but Im limited in running the latest greatest 4k displays as I only have Thunderbolt 2. It won't do 5k displays.
2. Im finding I don't use near the space I thought I would on the ssd as the cloud helps with that.

I had that same line of thinking. Maxed out processor, maxed 1tb ssd, maxed 16gb ram. The issue I run into now is 2 things.

1. The processor, ram, ssd are great and fast. Im future proof but Im limited in running the latest greatest 4k displays as I only have Thunderbolt 2. It won't do 5k displays.
2. Im finding I don't use near the space I thought I would on the ssd as the cloud helps with that.

1. That's a graphics card issue which I'm not to worry about(not playing any comp games nor do i need to render graphics).
2. The cloud help if you connected or have a fast internet connection. However i find icloud unreliable imo. idk

might just do a core dual core i7, 16gb ram and 256gb config 13 inch model w/touch bar. i think i'll be content.(ill upgrade the SSD down the road of ownership)

Back
Top Bottom