The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I'm thinking they'll discontinue the MacBook Air, 12" MacBook Retina, and 13" MacBook Pro non-Touchbar. And just introduce a "budget" 13" MacBook Retina.

That would tidy up the lineup and still leave an option open for mostly everyone.

If they do release a new Mac Mini, hopefully it has Thunderbolt 3. Would love for it to have compatibility for eGPUs. Would be a much more cost effective way vs iMac or a Pro apple device, for someone like me that already has a video card and monitor to work with.

In for a retina MBA. Still using my 2012 joint and it’s going strong. At one point I thought I needed a MBP, but that’d be overkill for me at this point in life.

91DFB473-6CA0-4A20-AC96-A640A5D4F6E9.jpeg

OCTOBER 30:nerd:

For the love of God Black airpods!!

noooo noooo noooo...I just got AirPods as a gift!!!!

I upgraded to Mojave over the weekend. Noticed yesterday I was using Airplay to stream a movie and it kept disconnecting at random points. Perhaps it was the site I was using but has anyone ran into this issue?

Bump :nerd:

Didn't know it was starting this early.

Touch ID on the Air is cool. Not sure if I'm feeling the gold.

dam might be in the market for a macbook air and mac min now. Never really needed the pro spec stuff.
You're better off just getting the 13" non-Touchbar Pro for $100 more. This new Air is really pointless at its price point imo.

My 2015 MacBook Pro Logicboard died a year ago , took it to apple they said it wasn’t damaged at all and was just a bad board . Didn’t have apple care , so they said they would repair it for $450.

I said f that and just bought an iPad Pro which was fine for what I needed.

Now I need a laptop again , if I get this Repaired do I risk the next Logicboard failing? I know they’re used . Trying to see if I should get this fixed or just get a new MacBook/non apple laptop.

My 2015 MacBook Pro Logicboard died a year ago , took it to apple they said it wasn’t damaged at all and was just a bad board . Didn’t have apple care , so they said they would repair it for $450.

I said f that and just bought an iPad Pro which was fine for what I needed.

Now I need a laptop again , if I get this Repaired do I risk the next Logicboard failing? I know they’re used . Trying to see if I should get this fixed or just get a new MacBook/non apple laptop.

That’s a tough one. I’ve never had logicboard failure, but if you get it replaced you should be good. Granted, any logicboard could go bad so even the replacement could have issues but I doubt it will.

2015 is a retina so I would say don’t spend money on a new laptop if you already paid for a new logicboard and nothing else is wrong. But that’s just me.

2015 is is only 3 years old. It’ll last you a good while

Good point. Still stand out with getting a Mac mini tho.
Absolutely. I'm more in the market for a MBP but the Mac Mini is REALLY enticing.

I'm on a 2015 MBA and I use it every day for work and at home for normal web browsing. I'm not a power user by any means but I'd like to "future-proof" myself with my next purchase by upgrading to some higher specs. The Mac Mini would allow me to do that for much cheaper than buying a 15in MBP (especially since RAM is user-upgradeable), and is essentially just as portable as a laptop. I also have ~$300 in Apple Store gift cards burning a hole in my pocket so one or the other will be copped soon :lol:. Decisions, decisions.

Absolutely. I'm more in the market for a MBP but the Mac Mini is REALLY enticing.

I'm on a 2015 MBA and I use it every day for work and at home for normal web browsing. I'm not a power user by any means but I'd like to "future-proof" myself with my next purchase by upgrading to some higher specs. The Mac Mini would allow me to do that for much cheaper than buying a 15in MBP (especially since RAM is user-upgradeable), and is essentially just as portable as a laptop. I also have ~$300 in Apple Store gift cards burning a hole in my pocket so one or the other will be copped soon :lol:. Decisions, decisions.
Did they confirm the ram was upgradeable? I kind of assumed since he stated it was SO-DIMM. No other reason why they would say that. Its a great alternative especially if the TB3 ports are eGPU compatible. I assume they are since they are two lane.

Did they confirm the ram was upgradeable? I kind of assumed since he stated it was SO-DIMM. No other reason why they would say that. Its a great alternative especially if the TB3 ports are eGPU compatible. I assume they are since they are two lane.
I don’t think it’s confirmed in writing yet, but on the Mac Mini page on Apple.com there’s a pic with the insides exposed and you can clearly see the RAM sticks are removeable.

And yeah the TB3 ports support eGPU’s. Thankfully I don’t need one of those though :lol:.

Last edited:
You're better off just getting the 13" non-Touchbar Pro for $100 more. This new Air is really pointless at its price point imo.
Eh, debatable. For me the newer processor, better battery life and updated keyboard were a decision maker for me.

I don’t think it’s confirmed in writing yet, but on the Mac Mini page on Apple.com there’s a pic with the insides exposed and you can clearly see the RAM sticks are removeable.

And yeah the TB3 ports support eGPU’s. Thankfully I don’t need one of those though :lol:.
Would be perfect for me as I own an AMD RX480. Could throw that bad boy in a egpu case and have a decent machine with a Mac mini. Dam kind of excited to see the possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom