The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

My M1 MacBook Air finally came in from my Dec order date and I’m looking for any most have programs or apps needed. This is my first Macbook so I’ve just need currently been learning how to navigate Mac Os and learn keyboard shortcuts. Any tips will greatly be appreciated.

Where do you guys recommend looking for pre-owned MBP? eBay? Thinking the pre-owned route may be best for me at the moment.

It took 32 days but my M1 MacBook Air finally arrived :lol:.

Coming from my OG style 2015 MBA this newer form factor is a welcome sight. It reminds me more of the 12 inch MacBook than a MBA.

Compatibility wise I'm fine. I was only worried about a niche, Java based IBM app that I use for work but it was smooth sailing getting it installed/running. The OS is obviously very snappy. I didn't realize just how slow my old MBA had really become.

Planning on just waiting for the 16" M1 MBP.
I hear that. I've always wanted a bigger screen but the 16in is just too expensive for me. Depending on the price of the rumored 14in, this M1 MBA could have a new owner in less than a year.

My M1 Macbook Air came in - coming from an I5 Air.

These chargers don't have the extension? 2 ports and one being the charging port?

Sheesh.

Any recs on adapters or anyone from amazon will work?

My M1 Macbook Air came in - coming from an I5 Air.

These chargers don't have the extension? 2 ports and one being the charging port?

Sheesh.

Any recs on adapters or anyone from amazon will work?
I copped this one (QGeem brand if it doesn't load the link):
Amazon product ASIN B07QXMNF1X
I wanted a simpler one but they don't seem to make them or I didn't look hard enough :lol:. Saw it mentioned in some YouTube reviews and the price was right.

I copped this one (QGeem brand if it doesn't load the link):
Amazon product ASIN B07QXMNF1X
I wanted a simpler one but they don't seem to make them or I didn't look hard enough :lol:. Saw it mentioned in some YouTube reviews and the price was right.
Ended up ordering this since I think I prefer something attaches on. Downside is it uses both ports but it guessing I can still charge the laptop through it.

Limited-time deal: USB C Adapter for MacBook Pro Air, Mac Adapter USB C, MacBook Pro Air Accessories Adapters with 3 USB 3.0 Ports, TF/SD Card Reader,USB-C 100W PD for MacBook Pro 13″15" 16", MacBook Air 2018 2019 Amazon product ASIN B07Z4FP2VX

I'm having bluetooth issues... Airpods have never connected, and after working for a day my watch isn't unlocking it from sleep :ohwell:. Hopefully the next OS update fixes it.

Just got my

M1 8C/8G 16GB memory with 1tb ssd MBA

tempImageh9UZAa.png

Sold my iMac - Transitioning to multiple Macbooks on a dock connected to a monitor and USB C Hub for desktop/office use - Will Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse be of use?
I want it to be as seamless as possible - wife and I plug in our laptops to the dock with the USB C Hub connecting everything - Monitor etc - once plugged in the keyboard/mouse recognize which laptop is connected and no other steps.

I've read that this is not feasible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'll have to pair it each time - is that correct? What are the next best options?

My M1 MacBook Air finally came in from my Dec order date and I’m looking for any most have programs or apps needed. This is my first Macbook so I’ve just need currently been learning how to navigate Mac Os and learn keyboard shortcuts. Any tips will greatly be appreciated.
I use pock to control the touch bar

I think I may get rid of my MBP 16” when they drop the new-look iMac. Undergrad ends in May so i might try out the iMac + iPad combo

Sold my iMac - Transitioning to multiple Macbooks on a dock connected to a monitor and USB C Hub for desktop/office use - Will Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse be of use?
I want it to be as seamless as possible - wife and I plug in our laptops to the dock with the USB C Hub connecting everything - Monitor etc - once plugged in the keyboard/mouse recognize which laptop is connected and no other steps.

I've read that this is not feasible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse and I'll have to pair it each time - is that correct? What are the next best options?
I don't think that behavior exists in regards to auto-pairing of devices when you connect to a USB hub. The hub and bluetooth devices don't communicate so they don't know/care which laptop is connected. I could be wrong though. But re-pairing the keyboard/mouse are simple enough. You just have to click them in the bluetooth icon in the top menu bar. You don't need to go thru the full pairing process.

Big sur broke vmware fusion

i think ima get a pc to run all my linux VM Stuff
I think you just need the new version of VMWare Fusion for Big Sur. Unless you have an M1 Mac.

I think I may get rid of my MBP 16” when they drop the new-look iMac. Undergrad ends in May so i might try out the iMac + iPad combo
Work got me the iPad Air and I got the keyboard with trackpad. To be honest, I use it way more than my laptop now for general things. I really like where the iPad is at. It can still improve a ton and im sure Apple knows that. But you know them, rolling things out slowwwwwly.

I'm iPad almost exclusively for casual use, i have the 2020 iPad pro 12.9. Battery is a beast, has relegated my MBP to work only

I'm iPad almost exclusively for casual use, i have the 2020 iPad pro 12.9. Battery is a beast, has relegated my MBP to work only
this is pretty much me as well, with the iPad air with the keyboard case. Kind of regret not getting the iPad pro instead for the high refresh screen. Was kind of sold on the "newest" processor, but it seems like they perform similarly.

this is pretty much me as well, with the iPad air with the keyboard case. Kind of regret not getting the iPad pro instead for the high refresh screen. Was kind of sold on the "newest" processor, but it seems like they perform similarly.

Same, just got the 2020 iPad Pro and it's replaced my 2012 MBP. Going to be getting a PC for work, gaming, etc.

Back
Top Bottom