The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I need a version of candybar for my macbook. Mine just says OS X... I don't have whatever the newest one is because my Macbook is of the older variety.

Here's my desktop, btw:

Here is mine..been on a Star Wars kick lately
Desktop
5zk39t.png

Laptop...this is the rendered version, haven't gotten around to actually taking a pic of it.
6png4m.jpg

Damn, how come when i try downloading some icon, they download +%! paper work and a bunch of weird letters, any way to fix this?

For the time machine to start running, you need the time capsule
eyes.gif
, but i think you can run it with your Mac HD

heres my desktop for now

I got a question. My Mac has been running like complete @%*%. I downloaded the trial for PS and it makes my @%*% run hella slow. Sometimes it just runs slowfor no reason. If I don't use it for a while and it goes to sleep I'll come back and it will still have power, but it won't turn on. I am going totake it back in a month to see if Geek Squad could fix it or I can hopefully get an updated one seeing as they won't have the Blackbooks anymore.
My main question is, does anybody run Photoshop and not have a Pro? And does it run smoothly?

im on my new mac,

how come the list of smily doesnt show up in the reply inbox?

different settings?

Originally Posted by daprescription

I got a question. My Mac has been running like complete @%*%. I downloaded the trial for PS and it makes my @%*% run hella slow. Sometimes it just runs slow for no reason. If I don't use it for a while and it goes to sleep I'll come back and it will still have power, but it won't turn on. I am going to take it back in a month to see if Geek Squad could fix it or I can hopefully get an updated one seeing as they won't have the Blackbooks anymore.
My main question is, does anybody run Photoshop and not have a Pro? And does it run smoothly?
how much RAM do you have? I have a first gen Macbook with 2 gigs and Photoshop CS3 runs smooth as long as i don't have any other resource hogsrunning at the same time (like MS Office).
This sounds like something is hogging all your memory.
Also...don't take it to Geek Squad. You can take it to the Apple Store for free.

Originally Posted by ii2cky

im on my new mac,

how come the list of smily doesnt show up in the reply inbox?

different settings?
Safari doesn't support it for whatever reason. if im on NT, i just use firefox, even though it sucks
mad.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

I got a question. My Mac has been running like complete @%*%. I downloaded the trial for PS and it makes my @%*% run hella slow. Sometimes it just runs slow for no reason. If I don't use it for a while and it goes to sleep I'll come back and it will still have power, but it won't turn on. I am going to take it back in a month to see if Geek Squad could fix it or I can hopefully get an updated one seeing as they won't have the Blackbooks anymore.
I got the accidental at best buy(work there) so I have to take it cause they will cover the 1 year apple warranty for free. It was the recentblackbook before the new ones came out so I have 2gb of memory.
ALSO, WHEN I SHUT IT DOWN, RARELY, IT TAKES LIKE 5 MINUTES TO START. MY BROTHER THINKS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE HARD DRIVE. I THINK I GOT A DEFECTEDONE OR SOMETHING. oops caps lol.

i know i'm way late on this thread but i just figured out how to do the icon thingy lol

half the ones i had didn't even work so oh well

just copped the new macbooks that came out a week ago

I LOVE IT ... except for the fact there's no firewire. other than that it's amazing!

52e250041f6b8cb3e7e16813d65eb17eda44836.jpg
I am a background junkie. Right now I'm on thetraining tip, I have this background for my mac and another nikefootball one, "No Excuses" on my BB. I like to keep all my stuff simplistic, henceall the black and white. Also, anyone know how to resize the picture to make it bigger?

I am finally about to upgrade to Leopard. Any suggestions on how to backup the hard drive? Are there any sites that could store my hard-drive temporarily?

Back
Top Bottom