The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Halftime718

^^^
what is it that you want to do?

change the icon or wallpaper or both?

im having a problem opening some video files from my email and way to fix this?
Thanks.

Try using VLC player. It opens up mostly all types of video files.

35244nb.png

Hardware Monitor is an application to read out all accessible hardware sensors in Macintosh computers. Currently more than 100 different Macintosh hardware sensors and more than 200 hard drive temperature sensors are supported. The program can visualize the history graphs of the readings, display measured values in a large variety of fashions, or announce readings by speech output. It can also store and export readings. Depending on what sensors are built into your Macintosh system, the following data can be accessed:

* Temperature readings at different locations
* Battery data of portable computers
* Voltage sensors
* Current (amperage) sensors
* Fan speed sensors
* Sensors for pulse-width controlled fans
* Power and load sensors
* Ambient light sensors
* User-defined artificial sensors to monitor the operating system

More Info:
http://bresink.de/osx/HardwareMonitor.html
http://bresink.de/osx/HardwareMonitor.html

RipIt... Movies are great, but discs are a pain. RipIt gets your movies off the disc and onto your Mac, where it's easier to find, organize and play them.

Why Rip Your DVDs?

* Use your laptop longer!
Laptops use a lot more juice when they're spinning a DVD and a hard drive.
* Easily organize your movies!
Moving files around on your computer is a lot easier than alphabetizing shelves full of DVDs.
* Find movies faster!
Use your Mac's built in search tool, Spotlight, to find a movie in your collection... instantly.
* Peace of mind!
Movies stored safely in more...your computer can't get lost, scratched or broken.
* Simplify entertainment on the go!
Why carry around bulky DVD cases or disc wallets when you don't have to?

WHAT'S NEW
Version 1.2

All rips should now process in Handbrake properly.
Lionsgate films should now rip without reporting dirty-disc errors.
95% of movies ripped with this version will now burn with Toast. The remaining 5% are the most heavily protected movies, and we're on the case.
All movies should now process with DVD2OneX with zero "mastering errors."
RipIt's "end-game" processing should now be dramatically faster, so you'll be seeing less of the progress spinner at the end of a rip.

Using the new and improved DVDKit, RipIt now constructs new IFO files. Previous versions simply copied IFOs from the original disc, unchanged. Constructing new IFO files has several advantages: RipGuard/ARccOS encoded discs can be "simplified" as they are ripped, IFO files that are artificially large, due to "creative disc layouts" are automatically condensed to occupy the minimum amount of space. Unneeded sections of the IFO files can be discarded, when RipIt deems them unnecessary.

Using the new and improved UDFKit, RipIt is now able to handle discs that do not match the region code in the drive's firmware. Now, there may be other reasons you may want to patch your drive's firmware ( I'm looking at you, RipLock ), but now you no longer have to.

VOBs/IFOs are now renumbered, to obviate the need to implant dummy files when RipIt determines that the files aren't referenced or necessary for playback. In previous versions, these dummy files could cause problems with some disc processing software - Mainly DVD2OneX and Handbrake. Compatibility should be much-improved.

Fixed issues that were specific to the PowerPC, that occasionally caused incomplete rips.

Fixed a bug in the interpretation of the LinkPGCN and LinkPTTN virtual machine instructions.

Changed the block processing to move the decryption from the puzzle-solving thread to the write-back thread, improving performance on multicore machines by 5-15%.

More Info:
http://ripitapp.com/
http://ripitapp.com/

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

cwrite, what size screen is that display? I just copped the mimio, and have my 15" MBP, bout to buy a display. When I get this stuff in, you think you could run me through the set-up process so they work seamlessly?

yeah sure, just hit me up when you're ready. and my cinema display is 20".

cwrite will def help out..... homie helped me almost as quick i posted...

def appreciated

ALSO... i have responded to all PMs that i received in the last week or so.... anybody else need assistance with the apps dont hesitate to hit me

Does anyone, (Da Doc, etc......) know of any way I can sync a PC formatted 30g iPod with 2,500 songs on it to my Mac and still retain the music already on theiPod?

And I have my Touch sync'd to my new Mac and I still want to use that as well.

Programs to do it, etc?

*Paging Da Doc..........*

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Yo CWrite, let me know if you figure out what is wrong with your iChat. My girlfriend has a MBP (3 years old, but I don't know the specs off the top of my head), running osx10.4, and she says her iChat has never worked. Adium works, but it doesn't have video chat support, which sucks when we're both at school (long distance relationships ftl).

Also, got some questions for anyone with blackberry's and macs - not sure how well this will get answered, but I've got it posted somewhere else as well. I use to use pocketmac on my vzw bb curve (8330), but when I updated my curve to os4.5, pocketmac stopped working. It recognizes my phone and starts the sync, but everytime it gets to "synchronizing contacts" the status bar just stops moving. I've tried reinstalling pocketmac and downloading the new driver, but to no avail. Does anyone have any hints?

I was considering downloading some sort of Windows program to just run the regular Blackberry Software. How do people like VMware Fusion? It seems like its getting some good reviews so far, but does anyone want to offer their opinion on it? How much space does it take up? Also, what is the cost on it?

well, so far i've noticed that it's just when i send pictures/direct connect. i tried sending a song and i had no lock up or anything. weird, hopefully i can find what's wrong.. gets pretty annoying.

anyway, my desk at the moment..
29dia92.jpg
put the time capsule under my macbook pro.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Does anyone, (Da Doc, etc......) know of any way I can sync a PC formatted 30g iPod with 2,500 songs on it to my Mac and still retain the music already on the iPod?

Programs to do it, etc?

Senuti will do that for you.

http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

Including my MBP and iPhones not to mention various programs Apple has gotten around 8k+ from me in thelast 2 years
smh.gif
My latest "crush" are these Aluminum MacBooks. I was either going to get a new Unibody 17" MBP for the 1900 resolution screen,or 2 Macbooks, one for me and the lady. I went with the MB's, I absolutely LOVE the portability of them.

2czzned.jpg

2nrmyrb.jpg

I just got a MacBook and I set it up but then I popped in the mac os x cd I don't know y but is that gonna mess my mac up? I have a feeling that x waspreinstalled and I popped in the cd for no reason. I'm lost right now

so you set your mac up, and then popped in the disk? why? lol. and to fix your problem... uh, just take it out?

^ I'm an idiot that's why lol. I just continued with the install of OS X again. Does anyone think I will encounter any problems because I did such astupid thing?

And cwrite, that girl in your avy is straight mesmerizing. Who is that?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i hope mac brings out some netbooks that look like that. they'll be copped on RD.
If the rumor is true about Quanta making netbooks for Apple then you better believe it'sgoing to be nice!!!!!

AND expensive.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yep617

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

How do you transfer files from Mac to PC? Been searching but i can't seem to get it.

Anyone??
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
i just used an external drive

i know there's another way by using file sharing, which is the way I'm trying to use but it doesn't want to connect.

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Does anyone, (Da Doc, etc......) know of any way I can sync a PC formatted 30g iPod with 2,500 songs on it to my Mac and still retain the music already on the iPod?

Programs to do it, etc?

Gotcha
wink.gif

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

Is limewire bad to download on macbooks, does it slow it down or anything of that nature.

i would recommend acquisition instead.
it is p2p sharing, but for mac os x users only.

here is what shay is referring to,
[table][tr][td]http://www.acquisitionx.com/[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
[/td] [td] http://www.acquisitionx.com/download.php
DOWNLOAD 2.1 build 210
Release Notes Purchase Acquisition Pro!
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Search.png
[/td] [td]Billions of files
Search and download files from millions of Mac and Windows users.[/td] [td]
DownloadPlaylist.png
[/td] [td]Fast Downloads
Speed is everything, so Acquisition is optimized for the fastest transfers - Gnutella & BitTorrent[/td] [td]
iTunesGlass.png
[/td] [td]Friends with iTunes
Acquisition automatically sends downloaded files to iTunes and your iPod or iPhone.[/td] [td]
MacBadge.png
[/td] [td]Made for the Mac
It's beautiful, elegant, and simple. Acquisition is the P2P app Mac users deserve.[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.acquisitionx.com/
if you are interested... try it out
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom