The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

anybody do anything new to the comps?? new pick ups.... cool new apps.... any news from apple regarding mac or OSX.... cmon guys.... lets keet it moving.. any ipod news?

I just picked up a new Unibody 13" Macbook. That will be my traveling computer when I'm out on business trips. I still got the 15" Macbook Pro2.4 at home. It's hooked up to 2 500GB Firewire drives, Airport Extreme, and a 22" Dell display w/integrated webcam.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Post pics later.

Originally Posted by tjsears80

anybody do anything new to the comps?? new pick ups.... cool new apps.... any news from apple regarding mac or OSX.... cmon guys.... lets keet it moving.. any ipod news?

I just picked up a new Unibody 13" Macbook. That will be my traveling computer when I'm out on business trips. I still got the 15" Macbook Pro 2.4 at home. It's hooked up to 2 500GB Firewire drives, Airport Extreme, and a 22" Dell display w/integrated webcam.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Post pics later.
how much did you get it for?
Idk if spending the extra 600 for a macbook would be worth it since i'm only going to be using it for college work.

I just picked up a new Unibody 13" Macbook. That will be my traveling computer when I'm out on business trips. I still got the 15" Macbook Pro 2.4 at home. It's hooked up to 2 500GB Firewire drives, Airport Extreme, and a 22" Dell display w/integrated webcam.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Post pics later.
NICE!! I'm coming from a MBP myself, except I sold mine for close to the price I paid formy Unibody MB even though it was slightly over 2 years old. Love the form factor of it...not too small, perfect portability, powerful enough for what I doeveryday.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Post pics later.
how much did you get it for?
Idk if spending the extra 600 for a macbook would be worth it since i'm only going to be using it for college work.

Well it's personal preference. I would rather pay extra for something of quality than getting something that breaks down after a year. Mac's are alwaysreliable and rarely (if ever) break down. Fact of the matter is.. it JUST works. No drivers to configure, no settings to change. I paid $1289 for mine. Notaxes cause I'm goverment.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

What program do i use for something like this?
15d2505f8d0eee07be3633a8e0f8e497108184a.png

Coversutra does covertart on your desktop, you'll have to find a skin for that tape effect though.

Whats the best program for using windows on Macbooks, i need it for my zune.

Parallels IMO...

Dont forget you need a full copy of Windows XP 32 bit or Vista 32 bit...64 bit doesn't work...

Business - Check your pm
glasses.gif

I downloaded the new divx joint off divx.com now when I try to play some movies it tells me "Additional audio decoder to play soundtrack".. What do ihave to do
smh.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

I downloaded the new divx joint off divx.com now when I try to play some movies it tells me "Additional audio decoder to play soundtrack".. What do i have to do
smh.gif

Try VLC Player instead. It plays mostly all video and audioformats with no problems.

Yeah you still need xp or vista..

Parallels is just a program that allows you to run windows but it doesn't actually provide you with it...

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

What program do i use for something like this?
15d2505f8d0eee07be3633a8e0f8e497108184a.png

Coversutra does covertart on your desktop, you'll have to find a skin for that tape effect though.
Not sure about the coversutra skin, but im using Bowtie and it has a similar skin:

Edit:
Also found another couple themes for bowtie that look similar to the one you are looking for:
http://optiv-flatworms.de...-theme-Sticked-118860630
http://xd-2.deviantart.co...d-Bowtie-Theme-119885690
http://paralexlx.deviantart.com/art/REXN-104068440

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

i got a problem right now everytime i go to put a pic in a folder or the trash it takes 5 seconds to do so, why is this guys?
How much ram do you have? Do all your programs run slow or lag?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Copped that and my macbook is blazin fast now...
good stuff pimp

i got a problem right now everytime i go to put a pic in a folder or the trash it takes 5 seconds to do so, why is this guys?

Verify and repair your disk permission. Applications>utilties>disk utility. Then shutdown your computer (not log out, shutdown) turn back on and see if that works.

ofzxwo.jpg

33o6s9k.jpg

29dhlpw.jpg

This is the setup right now.

Macbook on one side, Macbook Pro attached to a 22" widescreen on the other side.
2 Lacie Quadra 500GB hard drives & Airport Extreme in the middle. Underneath the HD's is my Macbook Pro.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

tjsears80....how is that apple airport extreme router?

Do you think it was worth the extra $ over lets say a linksys N router?

The Airport Extreme is primo. IMHO, I think it was worth it.

i have a time capsule and i love it. the only problem i dont like is, my ichat freezes whenever i send a picture or somebody sends me a picture. it'sextremely annoying when they are sending multiple pics.. and i have no idea how to fix it.

i have to re-arrange my desk tomorrow because my 22" dell monitor is coming in. no idea how i'm going to fit that with a 20" cinema display and amacbook pro.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Personally, I would never use CoverSutra since I never look at my desktop
laugh.gif
But that's the point of it. Isn't it?

I'm using the trial version right now. FoxyTunes works just as well minus the cover art imo.

Was just curious if anybody actually bought it with their own money.

Back
Top Bottom