The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Personally, I would never use CoverSutra since I never look at my desktop
laugh.gif
But that's the point of it. Isn't it?

I'm using the trial version right now. FoxyTunes works just as well minus the cover art imo.

Was just curious if anybody actually bought it with their own money.

Yeah, i bought it a while back.
wink.gif

did you see what i did there?

Someone want to help? I'm trying to video chat with a friend via iChat, I've done it before, but for whatever reason, it's got a phone symbol nextto my name instead of a video symbol?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Someone want to help? I'm trying to video chat with a friend via iChat, I've done it before, but for whatever reason, it's got a phone symbol next to my name instead of a video symbol?
Check your webcam, iChat isn't recognizing your iSight or webcam. It's only recognizing your mic. Do a test in Photo Booth to verify thatyour cam works.
nerd.gif

I'm looking into switching from a PC to a Mac.

How are Refurbished Macs? Is it worth it to get a Refurb or just get a new one?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I'm looking into switching from a PC to a Mac.

How are Refurbished Macs? Is it worth it to get a Refurb or just get a new one?

Thanks.

If you don't mind possibly having previously owned hardware, go for it. Buying Apple Certified Refurbished is an alternative option for those interested inpurchasing an Apple notebook. All refurbished units are fully functional units that have been tested and restored. All original factory accessories, manuals,and cables are included in the purchase. The refurbished units carry the same warranty as the new ones. The only significant difference is the packaging.Refurbished MacBooks are shipped in brown cardboard boxes. New MacBooks are retailed packaged.
I thought about going this route for my Mac Pro, but they never have refurbished units with the options i want. I'll stick to my 1st Gen Macbook and myiMac until then.

For those people, that wanted there iTunes to sound better this wasrecommended to me and its pretty cool.

SRS iWOW Premium for iTunes 3.0.0.255

SRS iWOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] Premium is an advanced software plug-in for iTunes that provides the ultimate listening experience for music, movies and podcasts over headphones, desktop or laptop speakers.

Immersive 3D Audio
Patented solutions in iWOW Premium greatly improve the playback of audio by creating an expansive sound stage, putting you, the listener, in the center of the performance. iWOW Premium also restores audio cues that are buried in the original source material so your music and videos files sound more natural and more detailed.

Rich Surround Sound from Headphones or 2 Speakers
Envelope yourself in a theater-like 5.1 surround sound experience when watching DVDs or other multichannel content over headphones or just 2 external speakers.

Presets for the Ultimate Flexibility
The preset dropdown menu lets you choose the music or video preset that best fits your audio files. Select from a number of different presets for your videos and music, like rock, classical, blues, jazz, country and more!

Intuitive and Attractive User Interface
The highly intuitive and aesthetically designed iWOW Premium user interface provides you with easy-to-use presets and a stylish graphical representation of your music.

System Requirements:
* Standard headphone, desktop or notebook speakers
* iTunes 6 or later (Mac and PC)
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later (Mac users)
* Windows XP service pack 2 or later (PC users)

More info: http://www.srslabs.com/store/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18

Let me do my best DaDoc impersonation...

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Personally, I would never use CoverSutra since I never look at my desktop
laugh.gif
But that's the point of it. Isn't it?

I'm using the trial version right now. FoxyTunes works just as well minus the cover art imo.

Was just curious if anybody actually bought it with their own money.

Yeah, i bought it a while back.
wink.gif
what u did there, I see it.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

For those people, that wanted there iTunes to sound better this was recommended to me and its pretty cool.

SRS iWOW Premium for iTunes 3.0.0.255

SRS iWOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] Premium is an advanced software plug-in for iTunes that provides the ultimate listening experience for music, movies and podcasts over headphones, desktop or laptop speakers.

Immersive 3D Audio
Patented solutions in iWOW Premium greatly improve the playback of audio by creating an expansive sound stage, putting you, the listener, in the center of the performance. iWOW Premium also restores audio cues that are buried in the original source material so your music and videos files sound more natural and more detailed.

Rich Surround Sound from Headphones or 2 Speakers
Envelope yourself in a theater-like 5.1 surround sound experience when watching DVDs or other multichannel content over headphones or just 2 external speakers.

Presets for the Ultimate Flexibility
The preset dropdown menu lets you choose the music or video preset that best fits your audio files. Select from a number of different presets for your videos and music, like rock, classical, blues, jazz, country and more!

Intuitive and Attractive User Interface
The highly intuitive and aesthetically designed iWOW Premium user interface provides you with easy-to-use presets and a stylish graphical representation of your music.

System Requirements:
* Standard headphone, desktop or notebook speakers
* iTunes 6 or later (Mac and PC)
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later (Mac users)
* Windows XP service pack 2 or later (PC users)

More info: http://www.srslabs.com/store/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18

Let me do my best DaDoc impersonation...

wink.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

What are some random must have accessories for the MacBook? Besides wireless KB/MM, remote, mini display->VGA?

external hd to back up your mb. And avoid the mighty mouse at all costs

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

What are some random must have accessories for the MacBook? Besides wireless KB/MM, remote, mini display->VGA?

I have been reading the same thing online...I was thinking about getting one but after hearing all the issues with the trackball scroll, I mightnot

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

I have been reading the same thing online...I was thinking about getting one but after hearing all the issues with the trackball scroll, I might not

ohwell.gif
ive had some problems with the mm, but you can have them clean the ball for you at the store and then it works like its new again
all they do thought is put some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and then rub the mouse upside down on it

I have;
incase laptop case; one of the best in my opinion (even though my zipper just broke).
apple remote; lazyness at its best.
something to clean it with on the go. always gotta have a fresh mac.
mini display --> vga; for school purpose
external hard drive; don't want to get my macbook overloaded..

logitech revolution MX for mac, get that. a little steep in price but worth it IMO.

I was looking at that but I hate that charger docking station...I was also looking at the vx nano b/c of the small usb receiver and aa batteries but Idon't want a small mouse...more like the revolution mx with aa batteries...

logitech revolution MX for mac, get that. a little steep in price but worth it IMO.

Any other suggestions?...I am using the Mighty Mouse for my iMAC but I think its not ergonomical for me.

A
patent application from Apple filed in October 2007 and published today reveals that the company is researching the use of carbon fiber composites for use in the exterior shells of electronic devices. Specifically, the patent application relates to the use of a "scrim" layer on the exterior surface of the carbon fiber laminate allowing for an "improved cosmetic surface."

In the background for the application, Apple objects to the appearance of typical carbon fiber composite materials:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Despite the many benefits of carbon fiber composites, such composites are typically black and the carbon fibers are typically visible on the composite surface. In addition, the fibers (either as a unidirectional, woven, or nonwoven substrate) are typically variable in their construction and therefore are variable in their surface presentation. As a result, the resulting carbon fiber composite can have cosmetic imperfections that reduce the aesthetic appearance of the molded article formed therefrom. Further, carbon fiber composites, often being black, provide a narrow range of surface appearance to the molded article and therefore may give a "tired", unexciting look.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Apple's insistence on aesthetic designs has apparently led the company to focus efforts on improving the visual appeal of such carbon fiber composites, which hold significant appeal for notebook computer design due to their strength and light weight.

A rumor from November 2008 claimed that Apple was exploring the possibility of replacing the bottom case of the MacBook Air with a carbon fiber composite in order to shave approximately a quarter pound off of the machine's total weight.

Article Link:
Apple Researching Carbon Fiber Composite Materials for Exterior Shells http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/30...iber-composite-materials-for-exterior-shells/

Back
Top Bottom