The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

well my macbook is broke so i have to transfer my data through migration assistant... i have to buy a thunderbolt cable from apple i think its 22.00 at the apple store connect it to both macs and use my 2011 in target mode and transfer the data to my new macbook pro 2015 via migration assistant... i have to use youtube to do the whole process because i never done it but it shouldnt be too difficult if anything time consuming

I've yet to transfer my stuff from my old 2011 MBP to my new 2015 MPB :smh: just hate the whole process. Gotta do it soon

How will you be transferring your stuff?
Why not use Time Machine?

I backup my MBP weekly since the information on it is invaluable to me.

Only gripe I have is the device I use, Seagate backup plus drive, gets stuck at times.

No need to even use time machine, you can do a direct transfer using migration assistant. Doesn't take much effort, just time.

Got my new MacBook Pro today. Can't wait to use it. Right now I'm transferring my data. It's going to take 3.5 hours but once it's done I'll feel great. So I bought a thunderbolt cable from apple for 22 bucks and it don't even work. I need to return that joint to apple and get my money back. But I ended up getting it to work by taking my ssd out my old MacBook and putting it into an adapter to connect via USB into my new MacBook and works great. It was the same exact method when I upgraded my hd to ssd in my 2011 and had to transfer all my data to the ssd before putting it in my MacBook Pro 2011

Important to note if you're doing migration assistant mac to mac via thunderbolt or any other method it works best if both machines are on the latest versions of whatever OSX they have.

Question, I'm sure I could google but maybe someone has a easy way to do it.

So I might be getting a new MacBook soon and I still have the bottom half of my old one with the old HDD.

How would I go about extracting some stuff from it? I forgot what I even had on it honestly

im using the macbook now... joint feels too fast... my 2011 was great but cant explain it this is on another level... didnt test out videos yet on here but i will soon

Just got the 2015 mbp new. 128gb version (MF839LL/A). No taxes plus 10% off. Only $1160.

This is my first Macbook. I've dealt with iOS devices before but never had my own Macbook. No idea what I'm doing honestly. I don't know what I don't know.

Any particulary good set-up/familiarization guides?

So I might be getting a new MacBook soon and I still have the bottom half of my old one with the old HDD.

How would I go about extracting some stuff from it? I forgot what I even had on it honestly
So you have a broken Macbook and want to extract the data from the HDD?

I've taken the HDD out and used this to extract the data. Really easy to use. Hope this helps.

Can someone recommend a good USB-C hub for the Macbook Pro?

I like the HooToo but looking for more options/opinions
I forgot what it's called, but if you go back in this thread to about when or right before the Mackbook Pro dropped, we spoke about one. It's about $100. Just can't remember the name. Sorry.

So you have a broken Macbook and want to extract the data from the HDD?

I've taken the HDD out and used this to extract the data. Really easy to use. Hope this helps.

this is exactly what i did... so ya i can cosign this works... and its mad easy to take the hdd out... and if you have an ssd the data transfer is really quick :pimp:

Apple dropped the prices on the mac pro but the redesign won't be out until late 2017 or early 2018.

copped the latest MacBook Pro for school, I'm happy with my purchase! Got the disco from the homie, 2.9k with Apple care :smokin, finally in the club after all these years

ggarvinxx3 ggarvinxx3 doxen5703 doxen5703

It's a Dell U2715H, 4K monitor. I use DisplayPort to output. Super crisp. my boy actually got it as a gift for me, on a drunk night talkin' bout "I'ma get you something that will really help you out for school" :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Just my Touchbar MBP in today. 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and 3.1 GHz i5 CPU. In love with this thing so far :smokin

Anyone run Windows on their MBP? Do you guys recommend doing it in a VM or with Bootcamp?

Just my Touchbar MBP in today. 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and 3.1 GHz i5 CPU. In love with this thing so far :smokin

Anyone run Windows on their MBP? Do you guys recommend doing it in a VM or with Bootcamp?

Running Windows via bootcamp just so I can play Overwatch. :nerd:

I was looking for something similar to this:

http://cdn.satechi.net/media/catalo...396e47be14ccd93db9/s/a/satechi_hub_gold_5.jpg

Mainly looking for the SD Card reader, regular USB-A and HDMI output. I ended up buying the Apple USB-C digital AV multiport for $20. It doesnt have the SD Card reader but can't beat that price.

Back
Top Bottom