The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

For the record Limewire also automatically adds the songs to youriTunes after downloading with Macs. Not saying it's better or worse than Acquisition, but since you asked about Limewire I figure I'd throw thatin..

LimeWire on the Mac works pretty good. I have noticed it will pretty much hog the bandwidth of your internet connectionwhile you are downloading though.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

^ I'm an idiot that's why lol. I just continued with the install of OS X again. Does anyone think I will encounter any problems because I did such a stupid thing?

And cwrite, that girl in your avy is straight mesmerizing. Who is that?

you should be good, don't worry. and her name is boxxy.. posted a couple of videos on youtube. she's mad cute even though she kind of gets annoying lol

and im more of a fan of torrents than acq and limewire.. but thats me

Originally Posted by CWrite78

^ I'm an idiot that's why lol. I just continued with the install of OS X again. Does anyone think I will encounter any problems because I did such a stupid thing?

you should be good, don't worry. and her name is boxxy.. posted a couple of videos on youtube. she's mad cute even though she kind of gets annoying lol

Hey when you get a chance could you let me know what you are using for a torrent client andwhere are good places for torrents. PM if this is an illegal question.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Hey when you get a chance could you let me know what you are using for a torrent client and where are good places for torrents. PM if this is an illegal question.

check your inbox

Torrents FTW!!

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Torrents FTW!!

Agreed, I use Vuze and it works great for me (when I'm not at school) - it is pretty dumbed down and very simple to use. I prefer torrents, and this hasseemed to be the best program so far.

For me Azureus aka Vuze is much faster then Transmission. Everything on Transmission took twice as long as it would with Vuze.

word? ive never had a problem with speeds. my broadband is decent and i always get files with a good amount of seeders. but i'll check out vuze one day

So I'm new to the whole DVD ripping thing. I'm not looking to make copies, what I actually want to do is take clips from my DVD's and end up usingthem in YT videos, nothing major.

I tried downloading both Handbrake and MactheRipper.

Handbrake I got to work, but it was TOTALLY scrambled. How do I solve the scrambling?

cs_logo.png
[img]http://www.econtechnologies.com/images/navigation/current/overview.png[/img]

CSOverview.png

overview.jpg

The complete sync tool.

ChronoSync is the complete data management utility that allows you to efficiently synchronize or backup files and folders from one disk location to another. There are hundreds of settings available within each Synchronizer document to customize your synchronizations. You can synchronize or backup files to almost any device. ChronoSync will even automatically mount other computers. Create as many documents as you need to handle all the synchronization and backup scenarios you have.
Synchronize
Whether you work on more than one computer or need to share files with someone on another computer, ChronoSync can handle it. Work on your laptop and sync. All of your files are copied over to your desktop. When you switch back, just sync and your changed files are copied back over to your laptop. Learn more...
Back Up
If you modify files on your source only and need a redundant copy on your destination, then you would need a back up copy of your files. Whatever you want to back up your Mac to, ChronoSync can handle it. Learn more...
Bootable
Besides backing up all your files, a bootable backup allows you to boot directly into the backup so you can run your Mac from the backup. Learn more...
Archive
Save old versions of your files in case you need to go back in time. Instead of just deleting files, ChronoSync saves deleted and modified files by storing them in an archive folder. Learn more...
Schedule
The most powerful aspect of ChronoSync is scheduling. Create multiple synchronizer documents and schedule them separately or combine them in a ChronoSync Container to schedule them together. Learn more...
Analyze
Compare your data before and after every synchronization, utilizing the Analyze panel, running trial synchronizations, and viewing detailed printed logs. Learn more...
Connect
Synchronize or backup to almost any device. ChronoSync can even automatically mount other computers. Learn more...
Filter Data
Filtering gives you the flexibility to only copy files or folders you want from any set of data. Learn more...

http://www.econtechnologi.../cs/chrono_overview.html

http://www.econtechnologies.com/pages/cs/chrono_overview.html#

as usual.... check it out if you are interested

142622v.png

Incredibly Easy to Use
Scribbles is a drawing tool for everyone. Whether you want to sketch a cartoon, draw a birthday card or jot down some design ideas, Scribbles can help bring your imagination to life.

28vrcp5.png

Revolutionary User Interface
Scribbles throws away 20 years of UI design with a revolutionary new approach that leverages the power of modern computers.

Infinite Canvas
Draw outside the lines! With Scribbles, you don't have to pre-define the size of your canvas. Pan around forever, zoom in to the smallest detail, resize your window - Scribbles will re-render your entire drawing from raw vector data.

biq9sz.jpg

Power and Beauty
A stroke-rendering engine designed from the ground up for quality and scalability. With Scribbles you can zoom, pan, and re-size your art without ever seeing a jagged pixel. You can also export your art at up to 16x resolution.

* Incredibly easy-to-use drawing tool
* Advanced stroke rendering make sketches look natural
* Intuitive 3D layer interface
* Save to most popular graphics formats
* Drawing tablet supported (but not required)
* 1-click sharing
* Freely publish to the Scribbles Gallery
* "Infinite canvas" groundbreaking core technology that allows the artist to break free of the restrictions of typical drawing apps. You never have to pre-define the size of your canvas. You can zoom into your drawings with unparalleled precision and Scribbles will magically re-render your art so you never encounter a jaggy edge or blocky pixel.
* High-resolution output

More Info:
http://www.atebits.com/software/scribbles/
http://www.atebits.com/software/scribbles/

f_22472m_e820be9.png

TubeSock: Rip. Mix. Copy to iPod. TubeSock grabs YouTube videos from the web and copies them to your video iPod, Mac, or PlayStation Portable. TubeSock knows how to convert the video using the codecs and bitrates best for each device. It can even add the video to iTunes for you.

What's new in this version:
TubeSock 3.0 has advanced to beta 19 (download TubeSock 3.0 beta 19 here!) and it fixes the crash on PowerPC / Tiger Macs in beta 18. Yes, we finally got our dead PowerBook G4 up and running, and after a seriously large amount of tediousness, we found the bug. It was in the new code that displays the FPS counter. Apparently the conversion can be slow enough on PowerPC that it exposed a condition where the buffer containing the FPS could be empty. The code has been re-written in a much more defensive manner, so a null this or a nil that won't crash anything.

A few other fixes made their way in: fixes to a site that made a recent change, a rare condition where the output name could match the input name and overwrite the input file, and some more general interface tweaking.

REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. iTunes integration requires iTunes 6.0 or later.

MacGourmet Deluxe 1.1 - Recipe and Wine Management for Mac OS X. (released 1/30/09)

1pixelclear.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]
MGheader.jpg
[/th] [/tr][/table]

macgourmeticon.jpg
Introducing MacGourmet Deluxe.
You organize your digital photos and make playlists of your music. Now, with MacGourmet Deluxe, you can bring your recipe collection into the digital age. Easily create, edit, and share your recipes; organize your cooking and wine notes; plan meals, even create and print your own cookbook!

Like to plan ahead?
Use MacGourmet's Mealplan feature to plan and organize all your meals. You can create menus to get you through the current week, for that week you're away on vacation or the dinner party you are planning for next month. And don't worry about a shopping list, MacGourmet Deluxe quickly generates a list adding all the ingredients you will need for all your recipes. MacGourmet Deluxe will easily integrate and sync all your plans with iCal with one click.

MacGourmetScreenSnapz1.jpg

Like to eat healthy?
With the USDA database included in MacGourmet Deluxe, you can easily calculate the nutritional value of anything from juices and gravies to fish and poultry. You can also view the nutritional values of your own recipe collection and the individual servings.

Make notes about your favorite wine!
MacGourmet's Wine Notes feature allows you to catalog information such as winery, region, sub-region, vintage and style of your favorite wine. Record all your tasting and winery notes. Add a picture and the cellar information and-just like that-you'll have more than just a memory of that wonderful glass of wine.

MacGourmetScreenSnapz3.jpg

What cook doesn't like to share?
With MacGourmet's industry-first Cookbook Builder, you can create, print, and share your own cookbook! The Cookbook Builder allows you to add an image for your cover, create chapters based on your cookbook theme and text pages with the information you choose. Then save your cookbook as a high resolution PDF, print it on your own desktop printer, or electronically send it to your favorite print-on-demand source.

Build and add to your recipe collection!
In addition to your own recipes, MacGourmet Deluxe has features designed to allow you to quickly and easily add to your recipe collection. Simply find your favorite online source and use the Text Clipping or Web Site Import feature to add a recipe-no typing is necessary! Just either drag and drop or cut and paste in directions and ingredients.

MacGourmetScreenSnapz2.jpg

MacGourmet Deluxe Features
recipe-book-starter.jpg
• Build, print, and share your own cookbook from your recipe collection.

• Use the Mealplan feature to plan and organize meals. Sync your plans with iCal.

• Easily calculate the nutritional content of your recipes.

• Publish your recipes to your .mac account or to your web site.

• Manage your wine collection by recording notes about your favorite wines.

• Import recipes from your favorite online source.

• Create shopping lists from the Weekly Meal Planner or from one or more recipes.

• Store and manage all your cooking notes.

• Organize your collection with SmartLists.

• Plan a meal using the Cupboard find or Potluck find features.

So what will be on your table tonight?
Autumn Chicken Carnival or Blazing Colorado Steaks*, just two of the many award-winning recipes included in MacGourmet Deluxe, or your Mom's prize winning meatloaf? Whichever you choose, you can start building, planning and sharing your recipe collection today.

Already own MacGourmet and want to upgrade?
All registered MacGourmet customers can upgrade to MacGourmet Deluxe for only $24.95 in our eStore.

Minimum System Requirements:
• Mac OS X 10.4 or higher (including Leopard)

*Autumn Chicken Carnival recipe is from the National Chicken Cooking Contest 2005 and Blazing Colorado Steaks recipe is from the National Beef Cook-Off 2005

http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=130

BetterZip 1.8 +
556594e44b.jpg

File Size: 4.4 MB
DESCRIPTION
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.

* Add or extract files via drag-and-drop.
* Create password protected archives (even with WinZip compatibility).
* Delete files from archives.
* Make archives compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
Currently supported formats: zip, tar, gzip, bzip2, rar, 7-zip, xar, cpio, arj, lzh/lha, cab, iso, chm, rpm, deb. More to follow soon...
WHAT'S NEW
Version 1.8:
* Archives can now be moved to the trash automatically after a direct extraction (set this in the preferences, tab Advanced).
* Added a switch in the preferences to suppress the display of an extraction's destination in the Finder.
* Open, extract, and create XAR archives.
* Open and extract PKWARE AES encrypted zip archives.
* Added support for Python eggs. At least zip based eggs.
* Added the Chinese localization by He Yunxuan.
* The version also includes bug fixes and a number of smaller enhancements.
REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

So I stepped on my girls Mac and cracked the screen a little

It still works and all but there are some black blotches on the screen

What's the best thing I can do?

Its a White Mac Book that came out around 2006

Thanks NT

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

f_22472m_e820be9.png

TubeSock: Rip. Mix. Copy to iPod. TubeSock grabs YouTube videos from the web and copies them to your video iPod, Mac, or PlayStation Portable. TubeSock knows how to convert the video using the codecs and bitrates best for each device. It can even add the video to iTunes for you.

What's new in this version:
TubeSock 3.0 has advanced to beta 19 (download TubeSock 3.0 beta 19 here!) and it fixes the crash on PowerPC / Tiger Macs in beta 18. Yes, we finally got our dead PowerBook G4 up and running, and after a seriously large amount of tediousness, we found the bug. It was in the new code that displays the FPS counter. Apparently the conversion can be slow enough on PowerPC that it exposed a condition where the buffer containing the FPS could be empty. The code has been re-written in a much more defensive manner, so a null this or a nil that won't crash anything.

A few other fixes made their way in: fixes to a site that made a recent change, a rare condition where the output name could match the input name and overwrite the input file, and some more general interface tweaking.

REQUIREMENTS
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. iTunes integration requires iTunes 6.0 or later.

Great program. Most new songs that I hear, I just go onto youtube, find the video, and then I can download it as an .aac file, and it transferright into iTunes. I don't know what the quality is, but its fine for me. For some reason, however, if you save it as a .mp3, it won't transfer to youriPod.

can somebody please give me a step by step on how to change my dock using dockalicious? I already D/L dockalicious and downloaded a couple docks but i have NOidea how to do it. It says to drag the zip. file onto dockswitcher but I don't know how to do that. noob

Originally Posted by JaYzNyAyAlLdAy

can somebody please give me a step by step on how to change my dock using dockalicious? I already D/L dockalicious and downloaded a couple docks but i have NO idea how to do it. It says to drag the zip. file onto dockswitcher but I don't know how to do that. noob

I was confused as well
I ended up using Superdocker instead

Originally Posted by JaYzNyAyAlLdAy

can somebody please give me a step by step on how to change my dock using dockalicious? I already D/L dockalicious and downloaded a couple docks but i have NO idea how to do it. It says to drag the zip. file onto dockswitcher but I don't know how to do that. noob

the dockswitcher icon is in your apps folder, drag the downloaded .zip file (w/out opening it) into the dockswitcher icon in your apps folder.

Back
Top Bottom