The Official Madden 11 Thread (PS3/360) RD: August 10, 2010 *Pics, Vids*

Originally Posted by kmstivers21

Don't read reviews.. Play a game for yourself and create your own opinion of it. 
Some movies get bad critic reviews, but are good movies to most regular humans..

As far as my thoughts, I really like the game so far after playing 3 times. I don't like the strategy pad, but that will be changed in September as they have stated. I do like the kicking, rushing game, and overall offense this year. I was skeptical about not having a turbo button, but after I got used to it, I really like it. I haven't messed with Gameflow yet., I will after work tomorrow.

But everyone, go rent or buy the game and create an opinion for yourself instead of relying on one sole opinion of IGN or another video game reviewer. EVERY game will have flaws.. Straight Up.
Amen to that.

Don't read reviews.. Play a game for yourself and create your own opinion of it. 
Some movies get bad critic reviews, but are good movies to most regular humans..

As far as my thoughts, I really like the game so far after playing 3 times. I don't like the strategy pad, but that will be changed in September as they have stated. I do like the kicking, rushing game, and overall offense this year. I was skeptical about not having a turbo button, but after I got used to it, I really like it. I haven't messed with Gameflow yet., I will after work tomorrow.

But everyone, go rent or buy the game and create an opinion for yourself instead of relying on one sole opinion of IGN or another video game reviewer. EVERY game will have flaws.. Straight Up.
Amen to that.

Originally Posted by jp since 88

Amen to that.

Word, I was skeptical about getting it at first after i read what some of you guys had to say. But I'm glad I made that decision for myself
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jp since 88

Amen to that.

Word, I was skeptical about getting it at first after i read what some of you guys had to say. But I'm glad I made that decision for myself
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Do people still take L's online when someone quits on them??
Oh crap I hope not. Is there anything more chicken bleep than giggling the cord or whatever they do?
laugh.gif

Dudes have no heart.

GARBAGE.
Tell em why?
I just want the defense to be adjusted a little to be atleast somewhat effective. Its pretty damn hard to stop AP, Chris Johnson, and i probably average like 200+ yds a game with Frank Gore
laugh.gif
. Either its too easy to run the ball or the defensive A.I./sliders are just not right. Other than that Im happy. I definitely like it more than Madden 10
Impossible to stop the cpu on All Madden
laugh.gif
. But it is crappy the way they add all this "new" stuff and don't improve the actual game to make it more of a competitive game.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Do people still take L's online when someone quits on them??
Oh crap I hope not. Is there anything more chicken bleep than giggling the cord or whatever they do?
laugh.gif

Dudes have no heart.

GARBAGE.
Tell em why?
I just want the defense to be adjusted a little to be atleast somewhat effective. Its pretty damn hard to stop AP, Chris Johnson, and i probably average like 200+ yds a game with Frank Gore
laugh.gif
. Either its too easy to run the ball or the defensive A.I./sliders are just not right. Other than that Im happy. I definitely like it more than Madden 10
Impossible to stop the cpu on All Madden
laugh.gif
. But it is crappy the way they add all this "new" stuff and don't improve the actual game to make it more of a competitive game.

offense will be fixed in sept. update

after the update i think we can this madden is on the right track

offense will be fixed in sept. update

after the update i think we can this madden is on the right track

Tell em why?
Jeez where to start....

I was right about the KICK METER... Who was it that sat in the meeting and gave the idea to make a completely TIMING based system into a game with primarily online play where LAG can be a major issue?  Ive played 2 online games and missed 4 extra points because the meter did not respond when I wanted to on 2 occasions as well as not responding AT ALL 2 other times.

Defensive AI is awful.  Noobs dropping back 20 yards before throwing to a crossing WR is back in FULL EFFECT. 

No SPRINT button??? Really??? AUTOMATIC strafing???? Word???

Whatever the F that new audible system is with the HOT ROUTES and *!+@ is called is SOOOO BAD.  Bring back the way it was last year... The new system is far too time consuming when I want to make an adjustment on the fly.  I gotta do a 5 button combo when i see motion on the offense that i want to shift my LB's or DL to.

GAMEFLOW-  Heres a couple words that describe gameflow; Useless, pointless, gimmicky, annoying, in the way, etc. etc. etc.... I refuse to use this stupid addition.

You are SOL if you are 1v1 with someone in the open field with more than 5 yards between you and the runner, change of direction with most of these RBs is just way too easy... Defenders might as well be practice cones out there in the open field, ridiculous.

Tell em why?
Jeez where to start....

I was right about the KICK METER... Who was it that sat in the meeting and gave the idea to make a completely TIMING based system into a game with primarily online play where LAG can be a major issue?  Ive played 2 online games and missed 4 extra points because the meter did not respond when I wanted to on 2 occasions as well as not responding AT ALL 2 other times.

Defensive AI is awful.  Noobs dropping back 20 yards before throwing to a crossing WR is back in FULL EFFECT. 

Whatever the F that new audible system is with the HOT ROUTES and *!+@ is called is SOOOO BAD.  Bring back the way it was last year... The new system is far too time consuming when I want to make an adjustment on the fly.  I gotta do a 5 button combo when i see motion on the offense that i want to shift my LB's or DL to.

GAMEFLOW-  Heres a couple words that describe gameflow; Useless, pointless, gimmicky, annoying, in the way, etc. etc. etc.... I refuse to use this stupid addition.

You are SOL if you are 1v1 with someone in the open field with more than 5 yards between you and the runner, change of direction with most of these RBs is just way too easy... Defenders might as well be practice cones out there in the open field, ridiculous.

Colt McCoy to Jordan Shipley...
pimp.gif

still getting used to the pro-tak... (note the double spin). but im digging it.

NDQ2OTE3MWRkZDEzJm9mPTA=.gif

EA Sports: Madden NFL 11 Video Highlight

i really dont see the issue with the strategy pad. once u hit the d-pad once, the audibles stay open. so it literally adds a tenth of a second to your preplay controls. go change your tampons.

i also dont understand how you cant play defense. pick a Safety and you can blow up ANY and EVERY running play. i held my homie to 15 for 66yds with AP, right after he went 14 for 225 against the CPU. then held CPU Shonn Green to 11 for 44.

*kanye shrug*

for those that mentioned Shonn Greene and LT.... my current combo of Ray Rice and CJ Spiller is murking dudes.

again, turn Auto-Sprint and Auto-Strafe off.... and youre good money. makes all the difference in the world... especially on defense.

pimp.gif

i really dont see the issue with the strategy pad. once u hit the d-pad once, the audibles stay open. so it literally adds a tenth of a second to your preplay controls. go change your tampons.

i also dont understand how you cant play defense. pick a Safety and you can blow up ANY and EVERY running play. i held my homie to 15 for 66yds with AP, right after he went 14 for 225 against the CPU. then held CPU Shonn Green to 11 for 44.

*kanye shrug*

for those that mentioned Shonn Greene and LT.... my current combo of Ray Rice and CJ Spiller is murking dudes.

again, turn Auto-Sprint and Auto-Strafe off.... and youre good money. makes all the difference in the world... especially on defense.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Tell em why?
Jeez where to start....

Everything you posted plus what I have experienced in the demo is leading in the direction of ...

GARBAGE.
laugh.gif

I'm actually considering getting NCAA this year instead or just try to get Madden for free when those deals roll around.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Tell em why?
Jeez where to start....

Everything you posted plus what I have experienced in the demo is leading in the direction of ...

GARBAGE.
laugh.gif

I'm actually considering getting NCAA this year instead or just try to get Madden for free when those deals roll around.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

pimp.gif

*kanye shrug*

change tampons? shut up simp. the dude above is right with all his criticisms.

just because u got a cool long TD run in that vid you posted against the cpu on all pro doesnt make this a great game buddy..but who plays madden to play franchise mode offline against the cpu? you serious right now? I've owned madden games since 2003 and i never ever touched franchise mode or played against the cpu, its always either against friends in person or online.

and how is ur "combo" of ray rice and cj spiller "murking" dudes..u mean murking the cpu on offline? if so, thats cool. sike

and you cant turn off auto sprint and auto strafe off ..we're talking about ONLINE ranked games, not offline.

Damn i had to vent

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

pimp.gif

*kanye shrug*

change tampons? shut up simp. the dude above is right with all his criticisms.

just because u got a cool long TD run in that vid you posted against the cpu on all pro doesnt make this a great game buddy..but who plays madden to play franchise mode offline against the cpu? you serious right now? I've owned madden games since 2003 and i never ever touched franchise mode or played against the cpu, its always either against friends in person or online.

and how is ur "combo" of ray rice and cj spiller "murking" dudes..u mean murking the cpu on offline? if so, thats cool. sike

and you cant turn off auto sprint and auto strafe off ..we're talking about ONLINE ranked games, not offline.

Damn i had to vent

^
big co sign i turned auto sprint and auto strafe off

the Strategy Pad thing is no biggy the new update will have the old fashion way

I dont know about the kickin meter its easy once you get the hang of it but it was dumb to change it....But it will mess you up online with the lag

Gameflow can be turned off which I did before I even played my 1st game

Im not worried about the offense being able to do amazing things cause the update is gonna change all of that

so with that being said im pleased with Madden 11

now back to my online 3 on 3

Back
Top Bottom