The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

Originally Posted by sinser13

How do i pass the beginning of act 5?
That was probably the hardest part of the game, IMO. After a lot of trial and error, I concluded that if you stay to the left side of the ship,you're golden. Murk the 3 dudes you see initially--the two walking towards you and the guy way at the top of the stairs. Then head down the path to theleft and wait for the two Frogs on the wall to disperse and take them out one by one. Then sneak past the Gekkos and time it so you are opening that door whenthe last one is walking away from you.

that's not always so easy. once a frog shoots at you, gekkos will notice you pretty much instantly. i'd just take out the gekkos with the rail gun,that's what it's for after all. should have plenty of drebin points so ammo isn't an issue. taking the left side of the ship is definitely the bestway, i agree.

i still don't know where the 3 other cores were. that bugs me. if jd was in space and gw was on the ship, where was tj, al, and tr?

Finally beat this game now i can come in this thread lol. This game gave me the hardest time for my first time playing it out of all the games. By far the bestone out of the whole series tho.

yeah, the beginning of Act 5 was pretty hard... there are several ways to get through... I tried shooting my way though, but that proved to be a very difficulttask as it was hard taking out the numerous Frogs as well as the two Gekkos... I prefer taking the stealth route by moving above the Frogs...

try the ladder on the right side of the screen when you start that level... and try to make your way to the elevated ducts on the right side of the ship...their you can snipe a few frogs to make your way to the door at the end...

Crawl along the east side of ship. (Right side from where it starts.)

If any Haven Troopers spot you, .......Tranqualize them, shooting them will just alert further troops.

Slip behind the containers, then wait in the corner until the first Gecko is destroyed, and the second is looking elsewhere. Then make a run to the waterproofdoor in the center.

wow going over this thread from the first page- im so happy i avoided this thread dudes was posting spoilers on every page basically.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by parada45

MGS1>MGS4>MGS2>MGS3

In my opinion
crazy.. MGS3 was dope. I liked that level where you have to kill that boss in the mountains with the sniper.
pimp.gif

I've played and beat all of them. Ever since the first Metal Gear came out. The first on the playstation actually.

MGS4 = MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS2 IMO.

fixed
pimp.gif

where can i get cambells mask? I know i have the use the mk3 to bump cambell.. but where? I dont remember seeing cambell and the mk3 together, maybe in thenomad with the video confrence?

Originally Posted by Skratch1t

where can i get cambells mask? I know i have the use the mk3 to bump cambell.. but where? I dont remember seeing cambell and the mk3 together, maybe in the nomad with the video confrence?
I was wondering about that as well

how the hell do i beat liquid? i can get through the first part no problem. but then he gets all amped and has that beast of a punch. any tips? i have tried 10times and failed.

Highlight. Didn't want to upset anyone who wants to figure it out forthemselves.

Gotta bob and weave. I've learned that if you quick step back, then quick step forward+punch, then you'll punchLiquid in the stomach. That leaves him open for the lil combo. Dodge his punches and then do that a few times and you should be able to beat him. Also if youbegin the lil combo when he's down, usually you'll catch him with the roundhouse kick and knock him back down.

ok, i'll try that. i could hit him a few times but it was always super weak punches.

So how is MGS4 online? I saw the video of MSG4 online and it looks addicting ,ive played and beat the game at my friends house and i must say game is too dope.Im finally gettin the ps3 next week which im excited about and my first game purchase is going to be MSG4
pimp.gif

I love MGO. The problem is that people go in there wanting something like CoD, and that's not the case. It's a slower game because MGS is a slowergame. Sure you can run and gun if you want to, but stealth still plays a part in it. It's a lot of fun, especially the Sneaking Mission where one gets toplay as Snake and one gets to be the Mk. II vs. both sides as you sneak around trying to get everyone. I think you'll like it.

You can add me whenever you get one. I haven't seen too many NTers that play MGO.

I was trying to register for MGO but it was asking way too many questions though. I thought I had filled out the page correctly and it still deny my !%#%.

Has anyone had the same problem?

i finally beat it, my rank was eagle.

i'll see you guys online now. add me MPLSdunk.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

how the hell do i beat liquid? i can get through the first part no problem. but then he gets all amped and has that beast of a punch. any tips? i have tried 10 times and failed.

Yeah, took me a few tries. What you do is you keep dodging, try to dodge toward the back and toward your sides. When he says "take this," youshould try to avoid and and dodge away and then dodge back toward him and put him. Keep moving him around. What I found useful was when yuo knock him down,do a 1-2 punch, then the 1-2 kick combo just as he's about to get up. When he is on his feet, he should try to block the first kick, but the roundhousekick 75% of the time hits him. If you keep repeating this, it's very easy to beat him. Also, when he is on the edge of the ship, it's even easierbecasue his balance is a bit off. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Crawl along the east side of ship. (Right side from where it starts.)

If any Haven Troopers spot you, .......Tranqualize them, shooting them will just alert further troops.

Slip behind the containers, then wait in the corner until the first Gecko is destroyed, and the second is looking elsewhere. Then make a run to the waterproof door in the center.

I went toward the left actually and just shot everyone who came up. I blew up the gekko that was blocking the door. I forced myself and was jamming thetrianlge button real fast so it would open the door. Even though i was shot at, I still was pressing the button and it eventually opened, lol

Back
Top Bottom