The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

thinkin of doing Air Force Resrves...my question is:

is being enlisted better than the reserves/active? I just want to live as close to a civilian life as possible,
and the primary reason I want to join is to open up opportunity's and to get a little support for school financing.

is being enlisted better than the reserves/active? I just want to live as close to a civilian life as possible,
and the primary reason I want to join is to open up opportunity's and to get a little support for school financing.

Originally Posted by akademikgenius

If you go reserves you will have your civilian life. If i was to do it all again i would join the Air Force like i should of. Damn Army recruiter
30t6p3b.gif

If you go reserves you will have your civilian life. If i was to do it all again i would join the Air Force like i should of. Damn Army recruiter
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

30t6p3b.gif
if you could do it over again would you do Reserves or be Active Duty?

Originally Posted by got shoes

30t6p3b.gif
if you could do it over again would you do Reserves or be Active Duty?

My plan is enlisting in the af than getting my bachelor in the CCAF and then becoming an officer? Has anyone here done that or know of anyone that has? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

My plan is enlisting in the af than getting my bachelor in the CCAF and then becoming an officer? Has anyone here done that or know of anyone that has? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

Originally Posted by durantula

You cant get a bachelors in the CCAF. The associates degree you get in the CCAF is based on your job as far as I know. You can go to school while active duty using Tuition Assistance. I think there is also a program where you go enlisted to officer if you are an outstanding airman.

You cant get a bachelors in the CCAF. The associates degree you get in the CCAF is based on your job as far as I know. You can go to school while active duty using Tuition Assistance. I think there is also a program where you go enlisted to officer if you are an outstanding airman.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

If I enlist today, what's a good estimate of wait time until I'm sent to BMT?
dude im
mad.gif
some dude got a faster ship date than me and he enlisted a month after me.

I think it really comes down to what job you are getting. But I THINK the average wait is 4-6 months from what i see.

Some dude in my DEP got lucky he got on the quick ship list and he got an intelligence job. He was in DEP for 3 weeks im like
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

If I enlist today, what's a good estimate of wait time until I'm sent to BMT?
dude im
mad.gif
some dude got a faster ship date than me and he enlisted a month after me.

I think it really comes down to what job you are getting. But I THINK the average wait is 4-6 months from what i see.

Some dude in my DEP got lucky he got on the quick ship list and he got an intelligence job. He was in DEP for 3 weeks im like
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

I'm in the process of doing that right now. Your best bet is one of the enlisted commissioning programs where you get off active duty and and join an ROTC detachment and finish college. Nowadays OTS is really selective and you need a technical degree with a very very very high AFOQT.

enlistedcommissioning.asp

If things don't work out with you becoming a AF officer you could always looking @ joining the Army. Personally, I would rather stay enlisted in the Air Force then become an Army officer. I'm too spoiled by the culture and quality of life of the AF.

I'm in the process of doing that right now. Your best bet is one of the enlisted commissioning programs where you get off active duty and and join an ROTC detachment and finish college. Nowadays OTS is really selective and you need a technical degree with a very very very high AFOQT.

enlistedcommissioning.asp

If things don't work out with you becoming a AF officer you could always looking @ joining the Army. Personally, I would rather stay enlisted in the Air Force then become an Army officer. I'm too spoiled by the culture and quality of life of the AF.

Back
Top Bottom