The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

How hard is it to become an officer? I've already looked into it but i dont know how difficult the evaluation process is. So i guess my real question is "What are they looking for?"

leadership skills,good speakers,in shape,educated

not really that hard especially if u have a bachelor degree

u can join rotc at ur school or go through ocs (its a bit harder)

u can go to one of them accelerated junior college programs and get 2lt in 2 years.... also

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

How hard is it to become an officer? I've already looked into it but i dont know how difficult the evaluation process is. So i guess my real question is "What are they looking for?"

leadership skills,good speakers,in shape,educated

not really that hard especially if u have a bachelor degree

u can join rotc at ur school or go through ocs (its a bit harder)

u can go to one of them accelerated junior college programs and get 2lt in 2 years.... also

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Going Drill Instructor at the end of the year or next year. Wish me luck.

lmaooooooo if it wasnt for the schedule of a DI/TI..id be all for it %%@# can be comedy

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Going Drill Instructor at the end of the year or next year. Wish me luck.

lmaooooooo if it wasnt for the schedule of a DI/TI..id be all for it %%@# can be comedy

I wrote:
Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.
SO YOUR IN BOTH THE ARMY AND MARINES?

I wrote:
Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.
SO YOUR IN BOTH THE ARMY AND MARINES?

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.
dude, are you happy with the outcome of being 11C?
Do you regret anything?
Whats the hardest thing you had to do?
How was the training?
Oh and where do you buy liquor from? is there like a store on base? or can u buy stuff from stores in the city of afghan
I'm now on my third MOS, but infantry was definitely the stepping stone I needed to get where I am now.

I don't regret being 11C, the experiences were invaluable, but I definitely would have done things different with hindsight.

Hardest thing? In the past 6 six years I've been home for 2
indifferent.gif
, I've missed most of my sons birthday's, Christmas's, ball games, etc... and I'm married.

Training now is different than when I came in.  When I came in it was mostly about toughening and tapping into a recruits unknown potential. Now, training is for deployment.

I'm not a real big drinker (anymore), but the Army's version of a liquor store is called the Class Six. I've been told numerous times that Ft. Bragg's shoppette is the nation's largest seller of alcohol, it's probably the one of the only places in the world that sells 24/7/365.
The place is has to be completely restocked on the weekend's and 1st & 15th.

Buying liquor during deployment is a no no and can get land you in deep doo doo.  That being said, contractors and soldiers from other countries sell it for a arm and a leg.  And anything that I have ever eaten or drank that was copped from an Afghan gave me severe diarrhea, SRS.
pimp.gif
Thanks alott, you dont know how much this means to me.

Oh and one last thing. I have a really f'd up sleeping cycle, do you think the Army will help me with that problem? once again, Thanks Alot.

I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.
dude, are you happy with the outcome of being 11C?
Do you regret anything?
Whats the hardest thing you had to do?
How was the training?
Oh and where do you buy liquor from? is there like a store on base? or can u buy stuff from stores in the city of afghan
I'm now on my third MOS, but infantry was definitely the stepping stone I needed to get where I am now.

I don't regret being 11C, the experiences were invaluable, but I definitely would have done things different with hindsight.

Hardest thing? In the past 6 six years I've been home for 2
indifferent.gif
, I've missed most of my sons birthday's, Christmas's, ball games, etc... and I'm married.

Training now is different than when I came in.  When I came in it was mostly about toughening and tapping into a recruits unknown potential. Now, training is for deployment.

I'm not a real big drinker (anymore), but the Army's version of a liquor store is called the Class Six. I've been told numerous times that Ft. Bragg's shoppette is the nation's largest seller of alcohol, it's probably the one of the only places in the world that sells 24/7/365.
The place is has to be completely restocked on the weekend's and 1st & 15th.

Buying liquor during deployment is a no no and can get land you in deep doo doo.  That being said, contractors and soldiers from other countries sell it for a arm and a leg.  And anything that I have ever eaten or drank that was copped from an Afghan gave me severe diarrhea, SRS.
pimp.gif

Oh and one last thing. I have a really f'd up sleeping cycle, do you think the Army will help me with that problem? once again, Thanks Alot.

Not in the military, but both my grandfathers fought in WWII, and I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have dedicated your lives to others. It is truly incredible.

Not in the military, but both my grandfathers fought in WWII, and I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have dedicated your lives to others. It is truly incredible.

pimp.gif

No doubt, glad I could help.

Sleep cycle in the Army?
laugh.gif
  Hell Naw, If you tell somebody about that I'm pretty sure they will either make it worse or use it to get rid of you, which ever comes first.
wink.gif
Just being honest.

pimp.gif

No doubt, glad I could help.

Sleep cycle in the Army?
laugh.gif
  Hell Naw, If you tell somebody about that I'm pretty sure they will either make it worse or use it to get rid of you, which ever comes first.
wink.gif
Just being honest.

thinking about joining but i think i would need a waiver (i think thats what they are called). anybody knows how this process goes?

thinking about joining but i think i would need a waiver (i think thats what they are called). anybody knows how this process goes?

2lt in AF. Currently in UPT (pilot training). hit me up if anyone has questions about service academies (usafa 10')--thats pretty much all i think i can help with 
ohwell.gif

2lt in AF. Currently in UPT (pilot training). hit me up if anyone has questions about service academies (usafa 10')--thats pretty much all i think i can help with 
ohwell.gif

Tony Montana wrote:
pimp.gif

trolling hard?

Tony Montana wrote:
pimp.gif

trolling hard?

This should be the official airforce thread lol but in the army so far so good but im brand new and congrats to the guy who made e5 so quick

This should be the official airforce thread lol but in the army so far so good but im brand new and congrats to the guy who made e5 so quick

Originally Posted by red tag bastard

ohwell.gif

Hey red tag I'm at the P right now and have already accepted my appointment for class of 2015. I haven't decided if I am gonna to inprocessing day yet. I was prior enlisted so I would go back to that and possibly go for another commissioning program. I'm stuck on this fence because this place wasn't what I thought it would be at all. In some ways good and some bad, overall though the reasons I came here aren't being met and it's hard for me to justify staying here when I can't justify it myself. Enough with my rant, at any rate would you say it's worth it and are you happy with your overall academy experience? Btw congrats on making it to UPT two of hour AOC's washed out of IFS. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by red tag bastard

ohwell.gif

Hey red tag I'm at the P right now and have already accepted my appointment for class of 2015. I haven't decided if I am gonna to inprocessing day yet. I was prior enlisted so I would go back to that and possibly go for another commissioning program. I'm stuck on this fence because this place wasn't what I thought it would be at all. In some ways good and some bad, overall though the reasons I came here aren't being met and it's hard for me to justify staying here when I can't justify it myself. Enough with my rant, at any rate would you say it's worth it and are you happy with your overall academy experience? Btw congrats on making it to UPT two of hour AOC's washed out of IFS. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom