The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by jaywalker23

Air Force
Prior enlisted for 2 years
Air Force Academy Class of 2015

-As far as being pilot it's possible, I wouldn't recommend OTS as it is backed up for days due to the economy and usually they only get one slot per class who usually has some type of flying experience and scores high on the AFOQT in the aviation sections.
-My personal recommendation would be to do some type of ROTC program. Depending on the detachment the slots for pilots will varie. But from what i understand if you work hard and are involved with Detachment and have good grades it is certainly feasible. If you are young enough the service academies are an option and can pretty much guarantee you a pilot slot if you're medically qualified. However, that guarantee is paired with typical service academy BS.

There are flying jobs in the Air Force job that you can do as enlisted. I was a enlisted aviator on special operations version of a C-130 and had the time of my life. I was able to see the whole pacific rim, get buns for days, help out in relief efforts, and make more money then probably most at 20-21.
enlisted aviator? wait did you get warranted? I thought the AF doesnt do warrants. I've never heard of this.
I are Interested.
nerd.gif

Naw no warrant officer. They have enlisted AFSC's which are like Army MOS's, in lamens terms your job that are flying jobs. You dont fly the plane or anything like that but your job is on the plane. So when ever the pilot flies you fly. You get flight pay, which depends on your time in service and isn't as much as pilot incentive pay but it still beats no incentive pay at all. Some prefer doing the enlisted aviation because although you dont fly the plane actually, you still get to "fly" for your job and you dont have to worry about the stresses of being a pilot and the poltics of being an officer.

Air Force

-As far as being pilot it's possible, I wouldn't recommend OTS as it is backed up for days due to the economy and usually they only get one slot per class who usually has some type of flying experience and scores high on the AFOQT in the aviation sections.
-My personal recommendation would be to do some type of ROTC program. Depending on the detachment the slots for pilots will varie. But from what i understand if you work hard and are involved with Detachment and have good grades it is certainly feasible. If you are young enough the service academies are an option and can pretty much guarantee you a pilot slot if you're medically qualified. However, that guarantee is paired with typical service academy BS.

There are flying jobs in the Air Force job that you can do as enlisted. I was a enlisted aviator on special operations version of a C-130 and had the time of my life. I was able to see the whole pacific rim, get buns for days, help out in relief efforts, and make more money then probably most at 20-21.
enlisted aviator? wait did you get warranted? I thought the AF doesnt do warrants. I've never heard of this.
I are Interested.
nerd.gif

Naw no warrant officer. They have enlisted AFSC's which are like Army MOS's, in lamens terms your job that are flying jobs. You dont fly the plane or anything like that but your job is on the plane. So when ever the pilot flies you fly. You get flight pay, which depends on your time in service and isn't as much as pilot incentive pay but it still beats no incentive pay at all. Some prefer doing the enlisted aviation because although you dont fly the plane actually, you still get to "fly" for your job and you dont have to worry about the stresses of being a pilot and the poltics of being an officer.

Air Force

I are Interested.
nerd.gif

Oh i misunderstood i thought you were actually a pilot. So you must be loadmaster then?

Air Force

I are Interested.
nerd.gif

Oh i misunderstood i thought you were actually a pilot. So you must be loadmaster then?

FullTech wrote:

Jay, how's the Spec Ops in AF?
The time of my life! Got to fly around with Seals, Delta Force, PJ's pretty much all the BA's of the military and watch them jump out the back. In addition flying through the mountains 300-500 off the ground blacked out with NVG's on was pretty fun. Best part was not having to deal with the politics of the regular Air Force. 

nice im working w/ combat rescue squadron on pavehawks, also trained to work w/ c-130s

FullTech wrote:

Jay, how's the Spec Ops in AF?
The time of my life! Got to fly around with Seals, Delta Force, PJ's pretty much all the BA's of the military and watch them jump out the back. In addition flying through the mountains 300-500 off the ground blacked out with NVG's on was pretty fun. Best part was not having to deal with the politics of the regular Air Force. 

nice im working w/ combat rescue squadron on pavehawks, also trained to work w/ c-130s

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Good call. I'm enlisting in the Air Force as soon as a months time.

are you in ga if so look at ur contract and look over everything carefully esp if u r processing at the meps at ft gillem

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Good call. I'm enlisting in the Air Force as soon as a months time.

are you in ga if so look at ur contract and look over everything carefully esp if u r processing at the meps at ft gillem

Son just threw Vol. 1 there like its the first military thread
laugh.gif

Respect to all our soldiers tho. Couple of my close friends from HS are in the Air Force & Army.

Son just threw Vol. 1 there like its the first military thread
laugh.gif

Respect to all our soldiers tho. Couple of my close friends from HS are in the Air Force & Army.

Air Force

think my cousin is in the afc class of 2015 too 
pimp.gif

Air Force

think my cousin is in the afc class of 2015 too 
pimp.gif

Got to visit Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility in DC on a school trip last autumn and got to say, place was legit. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Had great luck to be able to meet one of the pilots of Air Force Two or the Boeing C-32 (official plane of VP) as I believe Biden was going to visit South Korea on short notice. Learned a lot about how perfect and spotless you got to be for the job, how many hours that must be flown, etc. Lot of respect for the Air Force.

Got to visit Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility in DC on a school trip last autumn and got to say, place was legit. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Had great luck to be able to meet one of the pilots of Air Force Two or the Boeing C-32 (official plane of VP) as I believe Biden was going to visit South Korea on short notice. Learned a lot about how perfect and spotless you got to be for the job, how many hours that must be flown, etc. Lot of respect for the Air Force.

Back
Top Bottom