The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.
ha... yes it does i was a gunner in iraq and i'am orignally a 92A supply, if they dont have enough people to this and that job u could be put in any situation, but like you said you go to basic training to learn basic infantry tactics just incase you are put in situations like i was put in

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.
ha... yes it does i was a gunner in iraq and i'am orignally a 92A supply, if they dont have enough people to this and that job u could be put in any situation, but like you said you go to basic training to learn basic infantry tactics just incase you are put in situations like i was put in

One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children reporting in.
smile.gif

I am a Civilian but I work in the S6/Commo shop. If you want to make money but it's stressful, go Air Traffic Controller. My hommie Patrick was not really that smart in high school but my dude went in the army, did 5 yrs, I think deployed twice, and now is working at the airport in Florida STARTED him at like 145k a yr. I think he's in Palm Beach right now but when we were still living together he was getting offers everywhere from O'Hare to international places like Bosnia, Germany, Puerto Rico, etc.

I am a Civilian but I work in the S6/Commo shop. If you want to make money but it's stressful, go Air Traffic Controller. My hommie Patrick was not really that smart in high school but my dude went in the army, did 5 yrs, I think deployed twice, and now is working at the airport in Florida STARTED him at like 145k a yr. I think he's in Palm Beach right now but when we were still living together he was getting offers everywhere from O'Hare to international places like Bosnia, Germany, Puerto Rico, etc.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Ya that's my plan summed up, go into the air force and major in airway science while serving then getting out and doing ATC or become an officer.

Ya that's my plan summed up, go into the air force and major in airway science while serving then getting out and doing ATC or become an officer.

I also heard that job pretty stressful but well worth it.

I also heard that job pretty stressful but well worth it.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

Which branch has the most jobs that transition well into the civilian world?
All the same all depends on what job you choose. You have to realize the military has their own way of doing things, so it usually won't be same on the outside. The main thing is experience.

Medical side but you still need civilian education regardless.
Postal work -> Post Office
Mechanic jobs (no you aint gonna work on Hummers with 24's)
Military Police -> Cop

Those off the top of my head, I'm sure others can jump in.

All the same all depends on what job you choose. You have to realize the military has their own way of doing things, so it usually won't be same on the outside. The main thing is experience.

Military Police -> Cop

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Do you think it will be hard to join 11B 2years from now ?

Just in your opinion
I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.
dude, are you happy with the outcome of being 11C?
Do you regret anything?
Whats the hardest thing you had to do?
How was the training?
Oh and where do you buy liquor from? is there like a store on base? or can u buy stuff from stores in the city of afghan

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Do you think it will be hard to join 11B 2years from now ?

Just in your opinion
I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.
dude, are you happy with the outcome of being 11C?
Do you regret anything?
Whats the hardest thing you had to do?
How was the training?
Oh and where do you buy liquor from? is there like a store on base? or can u buy stuff from stores in the city of afghan

cant answer dude experiences, but the stores on base is called the px....

basically its like a giant walmart got everything u need and more. when i was in iraq they had mini px's with the basics needs so u didnt have to walk a mile to the big px....

u could easily blow a lot of your money going to the px everyday.......

liquor is sold at most of the px's but its prohibited to drink liquor while deployed, now if ur stationed somewhere thats different, just dont drink in uniform unless its at some miltary club (cant think of the official name for the military clubs)

cant answer dude experiences, but the stores on base is called the px....

basically its like a giant walmart got everything u need and more. when i was in iraq they had mini px's with the basics needs so u didnt have to walk a mile to the big px....

u could easily blow a lot of your money going to the px everyday.......

liquor is sold at most of the px's but its prohibited to drink liquor while deployed, now if ur stationed somewhere thats different, just dont drink in uniform unless its at some miltary club (cant think of the official name for the military clubs)

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

Military Police -> Cop

I went from 35E  (FM Communications and Communication Security Equipment Repair) to Electrical Engineering.

Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77

Military Police -> Cop

I went from 35E  (FM Communications and Communication Security Equipment Repair) to Electrical Engineering.

How'd you make e5 so fast?

How'd you make e5 so fast?

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

I got booked for Aerospace Medical Service 2 weeks ago for the AF
pimp.gif
. Leave for BMT July 26th!

how long did u wait for that congrats btw
Thanks and it took me 3 months before I got booked. Alot faster then usual.

wow nice

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

air force heads, is it true they hold try outs for spec ops during BMT if someone wants to change their minds or they force someone if they are "showing off" in PT? I was seriously thinking bout TACP but the only thing that made me back off is living with the army but its still in the back of my mind.

false

Back
Top Bottom