THE OFFICIAL NATE ROBINSON ""KRYPTONATE"" FOAMPOSITE LITE THREAD

Via: KixandtheCity.com

As we are sure you have already heard, an eBay auction popped up earlier this week with the seller claiming to be selling a pair of Nate Robinson's "Game Worn (Contest Worn)" "KryptoNate" Nike Foamposite Lites. The thing is, Nate still has his game worn/contest worn KryptoNate Nike Foamposite Lites in his hands, literally, as you can see in the pic above that was taken about 10 minutes ago. As a matter of fact, they haven't gone anywhere since the contest, and Nate work them earlier today for the taping of tonight's David Letterman show.

So if you won the eBay pair, the final bid was above $20K, and have paid already, you got got. Sorry.

And this is precisely why KixandtheCity.com does not, and will not, post eBay links of any kind.

And, a couple of our sources have informed us that the Kryptonate Nike Foamposite Lite is set to release, but, we will keep you updated on that.

Thanks Nate.

ih4apz.jpg

MaZe

Not like this adds anything to the post, but I figured I would post anyways.

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I'm sorry for telling you I didn't believe these were the ones Nate wore. I believe it now seeing your credentials. I didn't know you got themfrom the afterparty. Once again I'm sorry. As for the shoes being released, do you have good info that 1000 of these will be releasing, because Idesperately need a pair of these. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you Feb-19-09
A: Due to the recent information that Nate Robinson is being traded to the Sacramento Kings, these shoes will definitly never touch the light of day. These arepriceless in the shoe world. He is a future hall of famer. Thanks -Babooose

Q: These aren't the ones Nate wore at the slam dunk contest. He's wearing those on David Letterman tonight. Sucks for the winning bidder who got dupedby your false statements. Feb-19-09
A: First of all, don't believe everything you read on the internet. I will be surprised to see Nate wearing the shoes, I know he has four pairs. I getthese type of goods quite often however I choose not to sell them. There are people that don't want these shoes sold. Bid with confidence that in 2 daysfrom the auction ending you will be holding these shiny green shoes that were used to win the 2009 Slam Dunk Contest.-Babooose

Q: Do you know if these shoes are going to come out into the mainstream, or was this a one time thing for nate for the all star game. Feb-19-09
A: Nike will release 1000 of these but none with the kryptonate motif.

Q: Says these are NEW IN BOX, is it a special limited edition box, or plan NIKE BOX? Are these the actual pair that Nate wore at the game? Feb-18-09
A: Hello, The shoes are in a plain Nike box, and these are the actual ones he wore at the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest.

Q: why is shipping and handling 85 bucks when anywhere else in america will ship shoes for 15 or less? Sounds like a hustle to me. Feb-18-09
A: Hello, The shipping includes insurance for this item due to its rarity and quick 1-day shipping.

Q: hey there can u please add some more info and pictures. I am curious how exactly you got them. Thanks ahead of time. Feb-17-09
A: They are the shoes he wore to win the 2009 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. They are so fresh and lite. I would put them in a glass case but I think they will makesomeone more happy than me.

Q: hey there can u please add some more info and pictures. I am curious how exactly you got them. Thanks ahead of time. Feb-17-09
A: They are the shoes he wore to win the 2009 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. They are so fresh and lite. I would put them in a glass case but I think they will makesomeone more happy than me.

Q: That's an incredible pickup you made. I see your location is in Arizona. I'm wondering how you came up with these shoes! You're the first personI've seen. Please e-mail me at chrislittmann@msn.com if you have a minute. Feb-17-09
A: Hey there these are amazing! They were luckily given to me at the ALL STAR game!

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Via: KixandtheCity.com

As we are sure you have already heard, an eBay auction popped up earlier this week with the seller claiming to be selling a pair of Nate Robinson's "Game Worn (Contest Worn)" "KryptoNate" Nike Foamposite Lites. The thing is, Nate still has his game worn/contest worn KryptoNate Nike Foamposite Lites in his hands, literally, as you can see in the pic above that was taken about 10 minutes ago. As a matter of fact, they haven't gone anywhere since the contest, and Nate work them earlier today for the taping of tonight's David Letterman show.

So if you won the eBay pair, the final bid was above $20K, and have paid already, you got got. Sorry.

And this is precisely why KixandtheCity.com does not, and will not, post eBay links of any kind.

And, a couple of our sources have informed us that the Kryptonate Nike Foamposite Lite is set to release, but, we will keep you updated on that.

Thanks Nate.

ih4apz.jpg

MaZe

Damn!
mad.gif

LMFAO at ppl on ebay beasting over kicks that will be released last I seen they were at around 25k!!!!!!!!! thats ridiculous

I recall someone posting that Nike made 2 pairs for Nate and 2 pairs of size 9 samples, so its possible that Nate gave someone the pair he wore during the dunkcontest, and now he's wearing the extra pair Nike gave him.

Nike is great at creating hype. Nike needs to learn how to capatalize on that hype. Ive seen this happen all too often(sp)

Originally Posted by Bkals1976

A handful of pairs were made...
wink.gif

Total of 12 Pairs were made. Nate Received a pair of coarse and the rest were issued to Nike PR People...FYI these Hyped "Kryptonates" will releasein 3-4 weeks at HOH and not to add to anymore Hype it's a lot less then 1000 pairs.

^ That really pisses me off. lol

To want a shoe so bad and know you have a zero percent chance of getting them unless you've got a deep bank account or a superb connect.
Same feelings I had with the McFly HyperDunks.

I want them, but will prob never own them let alone see them in person.
frown.gif

Nike has created a HypeMonster. The whole slam dunk contest was a come-up...for Nate and for Nike. Watch when these finally release people will beast all overthem, K-logo or not.

wow.. MJ GAME worn finals 1 of 1s dont even go for this much.. what is wrong with people?

Originally Posted by MJ23KB24LB23

wink.gif

Total of 12 Pairs were made. Nate Received a pair of coarse and the rest were issued to Nike PR People...FYI these Hyped "Kryptonates" will release in 3-4 weeks at HOH and not to add to anymore Hype it's a lot less then 1000 pairs.

[Picks up phone and hits up HOH inside connect]

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Nike has created a HypeMonster. The whole slam dunk contest was a come-up...for Nate and for Nike. Watch when these finally release people will beast all over them, K-logo or not.

Let's not forget Nike's whole Marketing On these "Kryptonates" was to shift some of the focus away from the "Hyperdunks, Lebron VIs,Kobe IVs and Penny Foams etc" to put some light on the struggling Nike Foamposite Lites and it appears to be working I am sure a lot more Nike FoampositeLite inline cw will be purchased due to this "Kryptonate Madness". Nikes Marketing Team is on point. Nike did the same thing with the Hyperdunks.Kobe Jumping over a car introducing the Hyperdunks had dudes lose they minds and swearing Kobe really Jumped over a car, LOL.

Gotta second that notion. Ten years from now, it could be possible that some guy who paid 20K would look at his arguably ugly(depending on opinion) lime greensneakers that have yellowed significantly and say wow I paid 20K for these and Nate Robinson just finished a solid NBA career which was by no means worthy ofthe Hall of Fame.

What was I thinking he may say, I should really try and sell these to get some money back. He will post them on some form of shoe auction site and be lucky torecieve $1,000 for them.

This is speaking in all hypotheticals, and though these kicks may be rembered, I would take a pair of True Blue III's anyday over these.

Is there any kind of consensus that this shoe has the staying power to last the test of time as Jordan's footwear has.

I cannot see a shoe like this doing anything other than declining in value over time. If it was lebron who had pulled off something similar, maybe this wouldbe a different story, but as the guy above stated, Nate is no Jordan, nor is he an all star.

Wanted now, forgoten later. I cant be assured of this but the scales of possibility are tilted in that direction

Even if that pair was the pair he wore in the dunk contest, $25,000 is just absolutely insane 3-4 grand is crazy too but I can see that more than 25. I wonderwho this person is who drops money on a pair of kicks like that. I wanna meet him lol.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Originally Posted by MJ23KB24LB23

wink.gif

Total of 12 Pairs were made. Nate Received a pair of coarse and the rest were issued to Nike PR People...FYI these Hyped "Kryptonates" will release in 3-4 weeks at HOH and not to add to anymore Hype it's a lot less then 1000 pairs.

[Picks up phone and hits up HOH inside connect]
is this all HOHs or just nyc?

Its just crazy to see THESE shoes end at that price ...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Originally Posted by ucjb2

Gotta second that notion. Ten years from now, it could be possible that some guy who paid 20K would look at his arguably ugly(depending on opinion) lime green sneakers that have yellowed significantly and say wow I paid 20K for these and Nate Robinson just finished a solid NBA career which was by no means worthy of the Hall of Fame.

What was I thinking he may say, I should really try and sell these to get some money back. He will post them on some form of shoe auction site and be lucky to recieve $1,000 for them.

This is speaking in all hypotheticals, and though these kicks may be rembered, I would take a pair of True Blue III's anyday over these.

Is there any kind of consensus that this shoe has the staying power to last the test of time as Jordan's footwear has.

I cannot see a shoe like this doing anything other than declining in value over time. If it was lebron who had pulled off something similar, maybe this would be a different story, but as the guy above stated, Nate is no Jordan, nor is he an all star.

Wanted now, forgoten later. I cant be assured of this but the scales of possibility are tilted in that direction

I AGREE man all the way ....

Back
Top Bottom