The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

This was always the end game. Break the union. These meetings were for show

Part of me hopes the league doesn't recover. After the mos popular season they go and do this. A bunch of morons

Mentioned on PTI, food for thought from an NHL player on the front lines of the lockout that canceled their season in 2005:

http://www.star-telegram....-to-nba-players-its.html

"It's not worth it. Get a deal done," former Dallas Stars forward Bill Guerin said during a phone call last week.
"I learned a big lesson: It's not a partnership. It's their league, and you are going to play when they want," he said.

"It is not worth it to any of them to burn games or to burn an entire year. Burning a year was ridiculous," Guerin said. "It wasn't worth me giving up $9 million a year, or 82 games plus the playoffs, then having a crappy year and being bought out.... Guys in the NBA making $15 million or however much better think long and hard about this."

"We could have waited two years and they would have waited us out -- I would have given an extra 2 percent back to play that year," Guerin said. "When you are in the heat of battle, and you are fired up, you don't think what they are doing is right. But it's not about what is right or wrong -- it's their league. It's theirs. I feel, personally, I didn't like guys giving up a year of their career, for what? A few less bucks? Guys are making more money now than they ever have."

Mentioned on PTI, food for thought from an NHL player on the front lines of the lockout that canceled their season in 2005:

http://www.star-telegram....-to-nba-players-its.html

"It's not worth it. Get a deal done," former Dallas Stars forward Bill Guerin said during a phone call last week.
"I learned a big lesson: It's not a partnership. It's their league, and you are going to play when they want," he said.

"It is not worth it to any of them to burn games or to burn an entire year. Burning a year was ridiculous," Guerin said. "It wasn't worth me giving up $9 million a year, or 82 games plus the playoffs, then having a crappy year and being bought out.... Guys in the NBA making $15 million or however much better think long and hard about this."

"We could have waited two years and they would have waited us out -- I would have given an extra 2 percent back to play that year," Guerin said. "When you are in the heat of battle, and you are fired up, you don't think what they are doing is right. But it's not about what is right or wrong -- it's their league. It's theirs. I feel, personally, I didn't like guys giving up a year of their career, for what? A few less bucks? Guys are making more money now than they ever have."

indifferent.gif

Scott Howard-Cooper: Derek Fisher with the union rebuttal: "I want to make it clear that you guys were lied to earlier. It's that simple." 2 minutes ago

Oh boy Jerry.

Scott Howard-Cooper: Derek Fisher with the union rebuttal: "I want to make it clear that you guys were lied to earlier. It's that simple." 2 minutes ago

Oh boy Jerry.

Man. I've been saying that I thought the season was at risk, but it really didn't hit home until today that we probably won't have NBA basketball this year. I'm not going to lie - I'm feeling depressed right now. I'd like to say that I'll boycott the NBA because I'm so irritated right now, but I know I'll be watching whenever they start playing again.

Man. I've been saying that I thought the season was at risk, but it really didn't hit home until today that we probably won't have NBA basketball this year. I'm not going to lie - I'm feeling depressed right now. I'd like to say that I'll boycott the NBA because I'm so irritated right now, but I know I'll be watching whenever they start playing again.

Back
Top Bottom