The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

I just look at like this (with money being equal):

We have examples where guys purely sought out big markets to go play in regardless of the roster, coach, GM or owner.

I can not think of one where a player sought out a small market, not choosing to stay put but actually saying I want to be in ______. And that likely will never happen.

the advantage is small, but it does exist when certain players/instances pop up.

Dub, we could have, but we didn't. Donnie Walsh is a smart guy and his philosophy from how he built a team in Indiana to how he ran things in NY was a complete 180. And I don't think anything changed but his address.

DubA169 wrote:
SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:
All this bickering for nothing because at the end of this lockout, the owners will win and the players will lose - and that's the way it should be. The players are going to lose all the money they're fighting for right now because the owners/Stern has the ability to do what? Cut the season short. Yup, resulting in cutting pay. That same exact money these players are fighting for is going to pointless because they're already going to lose 600 million by the time the season starts. Dumb @!% fake smart celebrity %%+@+. My advice? Take the @+@$!*% deal now and shut the #+#@ up.

as much as i disagree with his motives, dude is right
can anyone really dispute the fact that the players will lose this?

Yup Owners will win. The NBA will be competitive.

Oh and I'm doing my part. I have not bought anything NBA related since the lockout Not much but hey whatever.
glasses.gif

DubA169 wrote:
SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:
All this bickering for nothing because at the end of this lockout, the owners will win and the players will lose - and that's the way it should be. The players are going to lose all the money they're fighting for right now because the owners/Stern has the ability to do what? Cut the season short. Yup, resulting in cutting pay. That same exact money these players are fighting for is going to pointless because they're already going to lose 600 million by the time the season starts. Dumb @!% fake smart celebrity %%+@+. My advice? Take the @+@$!*% deal now and shut the #+#@ up.

Oh and I'm doing my part. I have not bought anything NBA related since the lockout Not much but hey whatever.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

wouldn't that go against having a 10 year agreement though? take a crap deal to save checks in the short term and lose hundreds of millions in the long run (speaking in terms of the BRI)

maybe i'm wrong

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

wouldn't that go against having a 10 year agreement though? take a crap deal to save checks in the short term and lose hundreds of millions in the long run (speaking in terms of the BRI)

maybe i'm wrong

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

DubA169 wrote:
SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:

glasses.gif

!%!@*@# kid witnesses a dynasty and still believes that this is about parity and small market teams cant win. guess what buddy if the owners have their way our team wouldnt have lasted more than 2 years. 
alien.gif

this parity garbage is PROPAGANDA

i mean damn how can peopl enot see through this?

DubA169 wrote:
SCOTTY PIMPIN wrote:

glasses.gif

!%!@*@# kid witnesses a dynasty and still believes that this is about parity and small market teams cant win. guess what buddy if the owners have their way our team wouldnt have lasted more than 2 years. 
alien.gif

this parity garbage is PROPAGANDA

i mean damn how can peopl enot see through this?

Dub, ignore that dude, he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.  Never has, never will.  He just runs his mouth a lot like Zo used too. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  at him putting NY in there for those extra 2, nicely done smart guy.  Way to make your point worthless.  Market don't mean @#$% genius.  Just go back to rooting for half the NFL. 

And by the way, just to clear this up for you since you aren't smart enough to come up with it on your own, half those titles you speak of were when the Lakers and Celtics played in a league with like 12 teams.  Now that there is 30, it's not as skewed as much, it goes where the talent goes, period, end of story, be the hell quiet now. 

20 years from now, the titles will spread out more, cases will change, adjust, etc.  You just saw it with Dallas winning their first.  Boston winning their first in 20+ years, etc.  Get a clue. 

Dub, ignore that dude, he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.  Never has, never will.  He just runs his mouth a lot like Zo used too. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  at him putting NY in there for those extra 2, nicely done smart guy.  Way to make your point worthless.  Market don't mean @#$% genius.  Just go back to rooting for half the NFL. 

And by the way, just to clear this up for you since you aren't smart enough to come up with it on your own, half those titles you speak of were when the Lakers and Celtics played in a league with like 12 teams.  Now that there is 30, it's not as skewed as much, it goes where the talent goes, period, end of story, be the hell quiet now. 

20 years from now, the titles will spread out more, cases will change, adjust, etc.  You just saw it with Dallas winning their first.  Boston winning their first in 20+ years, etc.  Get a clue. 

^^^

So I'm just suppose to be happy we got 4????

LA CHI NY and BOS have a total of 43 CHIPS all together. Its not fair dude. 

Right, and LA, CHI, BOS and San Antonio have 45 chips together.  The Knicks may get big market attention, but they don't compete with those other teams when it comes to championship results.  In fact, the Knicks prove that its not just being in a big market that gives teams an advantage.  Having good ownership and smart management have a lot to do with success.  But things maybe changing for NY.  They did end up getting Carmelo pretty much just because they're the Knicks. 

^^^

So I'm just suppose to be happy we got 4????

LA CHI NY and BOS have a total of 43 CHIPS all together. Its not fair dude. 

Right, and LA, CHI, BOS and San Antonio have 45 chips together.  The Knicks may get big market attention, but they don't compete with those other teams when it comes to championship results.  In fact, the Knicks prove that its not just being in a big market that gives teams an advantage.  Having good ownership and smart management have a lot to do with success.  But things maybe changing for NY.  They did end up getting Carmelo pretty much just because they're the Knicks. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ok lets look at the last 20 years...

LA- 5
CHI-6
mavs -1
MIA -1
DET -1
SPURS - 4
HOS - 2

Only ONE small market to win a 4 out of the 20. Yup really fair. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LA- 5
CHI-6
mavs -1
MIA -1
DET -1
SPURS - 4
HOS - 2

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LA- 5
CHI-6
mavs -1
MIA -1
DET -1
SPURS - 4
HOS - 2

Meaningless, and pointless.  I don't even care what you say, keep crying. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LA- 5
CHI-6
mavs -1
MIA -1
DET -1
SPURS - 4
HOS - 2

Meaningless, and pointless.  I don't even care what you say, keep crying. 

I hope you'll be watching when its a Minnesota vs Milwaukee finals sometime in the next 20 years.

No I don't hate any big markets but come on things have to change to better the NBA. 

The SPURS change things forever.

I hope you'll be watching when its a Minnesota vs Milwaukee finals sometime in the next 20 years.

No I don't hate any big markets but come on things have to change to better the NBA. 

Could have been alot earlier if Minny didnt *+@% up their last 20 draft picks.

Could have been alot earlier if Minny didnt *+@% up their last 20 draft picks.

dude, you gonna claim CHI's chips are because of a big market?

seriously?

hakeem would have went nuts in a big market

Beware The Underdog wrote:

You clearly don't get it ,nor do you want too.  You just troll around as usual.  Let the grown ups talk, this is too much for you, go select another NFL team to root for. 

Back
Top Bottom