The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

It's he say-she say at this point but
http://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA
@AlexKennedyNBA The NBPA isn't happy with Spurs' owner Peter Holt. told the players, "You haven't felt enough pain yet."
30t6p3b.gif

Figures.

StephenCurry30 Stephen Curry
Just a summary. The players know how important the fans r to what we do. Would not jeopardize that unless we knew we r being exploited

Because of greedy owners. We r truly blessed to make what we make to do what we do. Why would we GIVE UP game checks just to get more... If you follow it closely, we r the only side giving concessions. Constant concessions to bridge the "gap". All good. Sry to fans. Love yall

Just a summary. The players know how important the fans r to what we do. Would not jeopardize that unless we knew we r being exploited

Because of greedy owners. We r truly blessed to make what we make to do what we do. Why would we GIVE UP game checks just to get more... If you follow it closely, we r the only side giving concessions. Constant concessions to bridge the "gap". All good. Sry to fans. Love yall

Originally Posted by DubA169

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
The NBPA isn't happy with Spurs' owner Peter Holt. Source says he's slowing talks and told the players, "You haven't felt enough pain yet."

I don't wanna bring the race card, but this doesn't sit right with me.

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
The NBPA isn't happy with Spurs' owner Peter Holt. Source says he's slowing talks and told the players, "You haven't felt enough pain yet."

I don't wanna bring the race card, but this doesn't sit right with me.

It's amazing the lengths these small market teams go to ruin a season. If the players are selfish what are the owners? Cavs, suns, and spurs aren't in contention for a chip anymore so they are fine losing a season. Fine with losing the possible last season of Duncan and Nash.

They wants guaranteed contracts and guaranteed championships and a bunch of morons eat it up and side with them

Where were all the people ready to make things more competitive for the Knicks?

It's amazing the lengths these small market teams go to ruin a season. If the players are selfish what are the owners? Cavs, suns, and spurs aren't in contention for a chip anymore so they are fine losing a season. Fine with losing the possible last season of Duncan and Nash.

They wants guaranteed contracts and guaranteed championships and a bunch of morons eat it up and side with them

Where were all the people ready to make things more competitive for the Knicks?

RealGM w/ the lols
you're saying that the millions of dollars the player receive in salary isn't enough? these players should be happy to receive half of what they're making. the argument has already been made; if the players are really worried that much about how much money they're making, they should buy their own teams or start their own leagues. they're all obviously business savvy and smart enough to create a league/buy a team and do a great job running it.

these players earn their money by playing a GAME. they should be happy to receive an 80-20 cut of the BRI. business owners go into business to make money. 

you're right that the players don't contribute in any monetary relevance. because they don't care. without the owners running the teams, there would be no league. there's a plethora of players. yeah there aren't a lot of lebrons. but i'd certainly watch a league without any of the current NBA players, with all of the up and coming college players/over seas players in a heart beat.

all players should be happy to receive the money they get, and they should be happy the owners treat them as well as they do. because of how awful the last CBA is, people like Greg Oden andeddy curry never have to play another minute in this league and they're set for live, barring any idiotic fiduciary problems.

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

RealGM w/ the lols
you're saying that the millions of dollars the player receive in salary isn't enough? these players should be happy to receive half of what they're making. the argument has already been made; if the players are really worried that much about how much money they're making, they should buy their own teams or start their own leagues. they're all obviously business savvy and smart enough to create a league/buy a team and do a great job running it.

these players earn their money by playing a GAME. they should be happy to receive an 80-20 cut of the BRI. business owners go into business to make money. 

you're right that the players don't contribute in any monetary relevance. because they don't care. without the owners running the teams, there would be no league. there's a plethora of players. yeah there aren't a lot of lebrons. but i'd certainly watch a league without any of the current NBA players, with all of the up and coming college players/over seas players in a heart beat.

all players should be happy to receive the money they get, and they should be happy the owners treat them as well as they do. because of how awful the last CBA is, people like Greg Oden andeddy curry never have to play another minute in this league and they're set for live, barring any idiotic fiduciary problems.

[/font]

[/font]

I sure do wonder what small market Gilbert would be saying if Bron stayed. Think he'd be wanting to miss games then? Blowhard fugazi #%@##*@#+$!%

I sure do wonder what small market Gilbert would be saying if Bron stayed. Think he'd be wanting to miss games then? Blowhard fugazi #%@##*@#+$!%

It's beyond hilarious that all of a sudden the last cba was "bad". Everyone said the players got destroyed in that deal

It's beyond hilarious that all of a sudden the last cba was "bad". Everyone said the players got destroyed in that deal

Seems like everyday my feelings about the lockout changes, but fact of the matter is the players only have a small window to make those millions...I respect them for taking their stand but I don't know if I were to be in their shoes that I'd be willing to do the same thing

Seems like everyday my feelings about the lockout changes, but fact of the matter is the players only have a small window to make those millions...I respect them for taking their stand but I don't know if I were to be in their shoes that I'd be willing to do the same thing

They did get hammered, it wasn't until 2005 when the owners made their mistakes that has them wanting to change the system.

They did get hammered, it wasn't until 2005 when the owners made their mistakes that has them wanting to change the system.

Millionaires arguing over millions, while hundreds of employees of arenas around the country get a pink slip for a year.
30t6p3b.gif

Millionaires arguing over millions, while hundreds of employees of arenas around the country get a pink slip for a year.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Yet you and others back owners, and their mistakes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Yet you and others back owners, and their mistakes.
laugh.gif

Maybe stern shouldn't have gotten an undervalued tv contract then. But wait. It's the players fault. He's the best commissioner ever.

Also why are people okay with jay z and will smith making millions upon millions of dollars but the players should be grateful for making what they make for "just playing a game"?

Maybe stern shouldn't have gotten an undervalued tv contract then. But wait. It's the players fault. He's the best commissioner ever.

Also why are people okay with jay z and will smith making millions upon millions of dollars but the players should be grateful for making what they make for "just playing a game"?

Back
Top Bottom