The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that man can't take draymond calling him a ban imagine him crying from the hand checking and hard fouls back then. Dude would be flopping to the stands.

Lol I feel you but in retrospect with you being from Detroit as well you should understand being called a BAN will get your *** kicked or killed. It's easy to say it's professional sports but I can recall a few times where that word came out on the court and it was time to go to work. And I'm not talking about basketball either.

Truthfully I don't rock with Lebby either but Draymond being from MI act like a BAN. You can't go around hitting people in the nuts all the time. This dude will hit a three and be all amped like he just dropped 37. Please man. KD lock his gorilla looking *** up last round.
Speaking of the 80 or 90s Draymond would got his jaw broke. Klay ol soft ***. I called you a ol yellow BAN to your face on the court that doesn't bother you?

Cavs got a present from the NBA, and will still lose tomorrow. ****ed up though that Dray can't even be in the arena to celebrate.

I don't have to imagine ****.  I just watch Iggy lock down Lebron and do work.

Iggy himself said its a team effort to stop lebron thats how I know you're talking in pure bias :rofl:

Iggy, as great as he is defensively, isnt stopping lebron by himself. Just watch, there's draymond, or bogut or someone right there help before lebron even gets all the way to the rim

Meh. Body language can be subjective depending on the viewer.

That much is fact, which is why I refrain from diagnosing someone as mentally weak based on what I see on television.

Regardless, you cant win 2 rings, grab 2 finals mvps, 4 league mvps, and like 2 gold medals or whatever being "mentally weak." At least I dont think so.

You certainly can if you run to more help.

people really trying to argue that defenses are tougher and its harder to score now. nonsense. 
Some of what he is saying is true.  You really couldn't get caught in between defenders, but he is acting like there was no rim protection in the 90's, no double teams, and it was less physical.

Some of what he is saying is true.  You really couldn't get caught in between defenders, but he is acting like there was no rim protection in the 90's, no double teams, and it was less physical.

Its not even that.

Rim protection was obviously there in the 90's.

But lebron is maybe the greatest physical freak the nba has ever seen in his prime and the fact that you couldnt load up on him back then would mean they would be late in all likelihood in contesting bron at the rim. Its not like bron cant finish with the best of them.

Thank you.

Saying Iggy is locking up Lebron is telling me your watching the thread and posting more than actually watching the game and watching it progress.
these people don't know what a defensive scheme is, they just have a narrative to rune with

Iggy himself said its a team effort to stop lebron thats how I know you're talking in pure bias
roll.gif

Iggy, as great as he is defensively, isnt stopping lebron by himself. Just watch, there's draymond, or bogut or someone right there help before lebron even gets all the way to the rim
You are right, Iggy definitely won a finals MVP last year for his god damn offense.

And again, tell me why that same bolded part was not allowed in the 90's?  You could still double in the 90's, you couldn't just fake a double. 

Lol I feel you but in retrospect with you being from Detroit as well you should understand being called a BAN will get your *** kicked or killed. It's easy to say it's professional sports but I can recall a few times where that word came out on the court and it was time to go to work. And I'm not talking about basketball either.

Truthfully I don't rock with Lebby either but Draymond being from MI act like a BAN. You can't go around hitting people in the nuts all the time. This dude will hit a three and be all amped like he just dropped 37. Please man. KD lock his gorilla looking *** up last round.
Speaking of the 80 or 90s Draymond would got his jaw broke. Klay ol soft ***. I called you a ol yellow BAN to your face on the court that doesn't bother you?
That's the thing tho, u think draymond, Shawn Marrion, d Stevenson Lance etc gonna pull those antics on zbo? Hell nah, they know who they can say that **** too. Lebron knows damn well he wasn't gonna do nothing about it 1) he's too important to his team to take the bait 2) he ain't built like that. Blake griffin, bron, d Howard are the 3 stars who are constantly verbally disrespected on the court for a reason. In a bball game I've been called worse and I've said worse it is what it is.

Last edited:
Let's say Jordan has the ball on the left wing. That's the strong side cuz that's where the ball is at. In today's game you can overload that strong side with help defenders.

But in yesterday's nba, let's say, idk Longley, is on the weak side. Your center has got to guard that guy or otherwise it'd be illegal defense.

It is much much easier to help in today's nba.

It is not a coincidence that being successful in the NBA depends heavily on ball movement and outside shooting. That's the only way you can attack today's defenses.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You are right, Iggy definitely won a finals MVP last year for his god damn offense.

And again, tell me why that same bolded part was not allowed in the 90's?  You could still double in the 90's, you couldn't just fake a double. 

Because back then double teaming meant fully committing which is far more of a gamble defensively and wasnt done as often as loading up on a player when he's in isolation.

You couldnt just sit and wait for a player outside of the paint while he's isolated against another player on the wing. Thats basically a zone which is what I meant when I said that the part you bolded wasnt allowed.

Let's say Jordan has the ball on the left wing. That's the strong side cuz that's where the ball is at. In today's game you can overload that strong side with help defenders.

But in yesterday's nba, let's say, idk Longley, is on the weak side. Your center has got to guard that guy or otherwise it'd be illegal defense.
Correct.  You couldn't double the player in the 90's until that player had the ball.  So in your situation, say Lebron is on the block, the double can't come in the 90's until he receives the ball.  Well the problem with this fact pattern is Lebron has been the primary god damn ball handler his entire career......

Last edited:

Boom.

That doesn't make jordan any less great, but he got to play 1v1 a lot more than a prime kobe or lebron or someone.

Not to mention there weren't as many great three point shoots in the 90's as there is now, so Lebron isn't getting the same lane to drive in as he is now.
it even shows how the knicks clogged the lane if you watch the video. but nah you couldnt do that someone said. it was easy to get in the paint back then. 
laugh.gif

Watched a little bit of the defense on jordan clips and spacing was a problem for the Bulls. Of course they can camp the paint with some of that spacing :x

Also I would gather that the knicks got away with alot of illegal defense.

I've seen clips of other defenses where defenses were way more cleared out with more defenders on the weak side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom