The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 1 SFA SFA SFA SFA SFA

I think Simmons had been talking about the Suns selling in the $4M range for a while now, and that they were one of the top franchises in the league to own.

Oh for sure.

But don't discount them talking themselves into buyer mode and making some trade to sit on the fringes.

There’s no trade to make outside of something on the margins. Literally can’t trade picks and I don’t think anyone is beating down the door to trade a star for 30 year old role players.

The day Jalen Brunson agreed to sign with the Knicks the Mavs were cooked this year and probably next year

There’s no trade to make outside of something on the margins. Literally can’t trade picks and I don’t think anyone is beating down the door to trade a star for 30 year old role players.

The day Jalen Brunson agreed to sign with the Knicks the Mavs were cooked this year and probably next year
Watch Mavs get lucky and keep their pick only to go after a big or just a three point shooter lol

1671563130732.png

Watch Mavs get lucky and keep their pick only to go after a big or just a three point shooter lol

The Mavs need a defense anchoring big as much or more than someone who can dribble.

They keep that pick and one of those wings has to be the pick and you shoot for big in FA or through trade. Their acquisition cost is never as high as their importance on winning

There's not a ton in the Top 10 of this draft class that I look at and think "yeah they could **** this up" :lol: :lol:
The Mavs need a defense anchoring big as much or more than someone who can dribble.

They keep that pick and one of those wings has to be the pick and you shoot for big in FA or through trade. Their acquisition cost is never as high as their importance on winning
They were cooked this offseason regardless.

This Top 10 has a lot of dudes that can address the ballhandling/playmaking issues immediately.

Then you pivot to trading for someone like Powell that can block shots. Those guys aren't ever really all that expensive.

You gotta let them have this one. Signing Jalen Brunson the best thing that's happened to them in most of their lifetimes.

I mean it got poo pooed but taking a team’s 2nd best player when they don’t have anyway to replace him while you have their pick is great basketball resource move no matter how you cut it. Even if Jalen didn’t become the borderline all star he currently is it was a good move

Back
Top Bottom