The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 1 SFA SFA SFA SFA SFA

Funny thing is that people are joking about him just staying In China and hooping there but the thing is that might be the only way he could even hoop there because if he doesn’t get traded and holds out beyond that 30 day period then Philly has him as a GLOBAL (professional basketball) HOSTAGE :lol:
That 30 day thing isn’t actually happen. He’s not THAT dumb. He’s gonna show up and half *** it until a move is made.

That 30 day thing isn’t actually happen. He’s not THAT dumb. He’s gonna show up and half *** it until a move is made.

If you take a step back (pun intended), holding out and becoming a hostage so that he can play the “victim” card is probably better for his image and prospects of getting traded than half-assing it while potentially sabotaging yet another team

The Sixers are a mess man. That team def had the talent and depth necessary to atleast get to the Finals. Embiid really might not be it as the #1.

Dame and Harden should both be traded

I agree. For packages that the respective front offices deem as suitable for the direction of the franchise. Those have not seemed to be put on the table by the rest of the league so here we are.

even if harden is traded to the clippers I see the same result... in a few years he will asked to be traded again... at this point he should just sign 1 year contracts

The Sixers are a mess man. That team def had the talent and depth necessary to atleast get to the Finals. Embiid really might not be it as the #1.

Yup. If Embiid just played to his averages in Game 7 we could have won the game. He's not solely to blame, but as the best player, that was not acceptable.

What really rubbed me the wrong way is that he seemed okay with it, joking around with Tatum and seemed to be content in the press conference. Maybe his MVP was indeed his championship.

Or maybe I am overthinking it. Either way, we are a dumpster fire right now and it comes down to ownership for letting it get this bad.

Funny thing is that people are joking about him just staying In China and hooping there but the thing is that might be the only way he could even hoop there because if he doesn’t get traded and holds out beyond that 30 day period then Philly has him as a GLOBAL (professional basketball) HOSTAGE :lol:

Wouldn't the Sixers be better off having cap space next year than keeping him hostage and letting him eat up a huge chunk of cap space?

Wouldn't the Sixers be better off having cap space next year than keeping him hostage and letting him eat up a huge chunk of cap space?

I did not think about this…if they held him hostage and he rode it out (without being traded or granted the opportunity to play overseas) would he be in the books for the same $35.6MM for 24-25?

its funny cuz even the warmups are super big :lol:

i lowkey miss that style
might cop me some 2xl gear this week
1692209680850.gif

even if harden is traded to the clippers I see the same result... in a few years he will asked to be traded again... at this point he should just sign 1 year contracts
That’s why no one is giving up anything worth a damb to get him. Dude is about ready to take that deep dive on this back 9.

And already an expiring contract come trade deadline. Best case scenario looking like he gets bought out, signs w/ LA, then fumbles out the 1st round in epic fashion.

All 3 teams lose ultimately when Embiid eventually puts Morey on that summer jam screen too.

Yup. If Embiid just played to his averages in Game 7 we could have won the game. He's not solely to blame, but as the best player, that was not acceptable.

What really rubbed me the wrong way is that he seemed okay with it, joking around with Tatum and seemed to be content in the press conference. Maybe his MVP was indeed his championship.

Or maybe I am overthinking it. Either way, we are a dumpster fire right now and it comes down to ownership for letting it get this bad.

Hiring Doc was the wrong move. A better coach imo woulda got you guys further. Harden won yall a few important games, but in the end Embiid needs to play better. He really doesn’t get as much blame as others in his position would.

Morey might be next to go though before any rebuild

Not sure what more Doc could have done. They were in the first half. The guy whose trainer was cooking up defensive slander videos was getting picked on. I guess you can say find a way to get the ball out of Tatum’s hands

Not sure what more Doc could have done. They were in the first half. The guy whose trainer was cooking up defensive slander videos was getting picked on. I guess you can say find a way to get the ball out of Tatum’s hands
you know damn well doc could of actually ran PLAYS and not rely on just 2 guys to carry the offense once it was figured out

Coaches job is to Coach and that is what he didnt do when it came down to crunch time - its been that way since he been here

the offense got stagnant and players were ball watching that is facts

i already know the reply but but your star players gotta step up.. no **** i think everyone can agree on that and its been said

you know damn well doc could of actually ran PLAYS and not rely on just 2 guys to carry the offense once it was figured out

Coaches job is to Coach and that is what he didnt do when it came down to crunch time - its been that way since he been here

the offense got stagnant and players were ball watching that is facts
It’s the conference semis. It’s only so much Xs and Os at that point. It wasn’t lik homie from Boston was drawing up great actions to get Tatum and company going. Your stars gotta be stars. I’m not excusing Doc but yeah man your MVP can’t go 5/18 in a closeout game and score 2 American/French/Spanish/Cameroonian points in the second half.

It’s the conference semis. It’s only so much Xs and Os at that point. It wasn’t lik homie from Boston was drawing up great actions to get Tatum and company going. Your stars gotta be stars. I’m not excusing Doc but yeah man your MVP can’t go 5/18 in a closeout game and score 2 American/French/Spanish/Cameroonian points in the second half.

The Celtics/Mazzula had a Defensive game plan that they didn't bring out until game 6 which was start the 2 bigs to stop/slow the PnR

Sixers than had to reply on ****ing corner 3s from PJ/Melton .. Tell me what the sixers did to try and make things hard for the Celtics? ill wait

you just said it yourself in a recent post - maybe get the ball out of tatums hands !!!!

THE SIXERS/DOC didnt adjust to do that once in game 6 or of game 7.. tatum shot the ball 28 times in game 7.. as he should as a tar player but sixers NEVER once made it hard for him

they were just lucky he was missing early on in game 6

EYE would say mazzula WAS drawing up great plays to continue getting tatum the hot hand the ball in that game

like i been saying im not excusing the star players so no need for me to speak on that once again

Lakers got a crazy steal with Reaves. That’s a 100m contract player based on the production he’s capable of.

The Celtics/Mazzula had a Defensive game plan that they didn't bring out until game 6 which was start the 2 bigs to stop/slow the PnR

Sixers than had to reply on ****ing corner 3s from PJ/Melton .. Tell me what the sixers did to try and make things hard for the Celtics? ill wait

you just said it yourself in a recent post - maybe get the ball out of tatums hands !!!!

THE SIXERS/DOC didnt adjust to do that once in game 6 or of game 7.. tatum shot the ball 28 times in game 7.. as he should as a tar player but sixers NEVER once made it hard for him

they were just lucky he was missing early on in game 6

EYE would say mazzula WAS drawing up great plays to continue getting tatum the hot hand the ball in that game

like i been saying im not excusing the star players so no need for me to speak on that once again
I’m going to rewatch game 6 and 7 tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom