The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I havent been able to get into Nip/Tuck. I'll try giving it another shot in a few days.

Right now HBOGO is fulfilling all my needs in the series department. Just started Boardwalk Empire :pimp:

When it comes to Netflix curiosity sometimes gets the best of me. I tend to watch crappy movies, so I'll give yall a couple films to steer clear of.

Internet Dating (starring Katt Williams) - It's a Master P movie, turrible, turrible, turrible. I couldn't get through 15 mins of it
The Golden Child (starring Eddie Murphy) - Checked it out last night. I like most Eddie Murphy movies, but I could only watch about 40 mins of it. Charlotte Lewis was :pimp: in it though

Watching Internet Dating was like playing with fire, I read reviews that said steer clear, but I watched anyway. :x

Movies to check out

The Expendables - action packed, story was kind of weak though
Rampage - guy goes on a killing spree, the movie isn't too long and it's action packed. WAIT UNTIL THE END :wow:
Senseless (starring Marlon Wayans) - I like most movies with the Wayans, I had never heard of this movie, but it was funny
Livin Large (starring TC Carson aka Kyle from Living Single) - came out in 1991, pretty funny movie about a guy who unexpectedly gets a job at at TV station and wrestles with his "white side"
All the 30 for 30s

Check out Streaming Soon to see what movies/shows are coming to Netflix and what's expiring too

slap yourself in the face right now

Just saw Snow on Tha Bluff and it was 
smokin.gif

30 For 30 are a must watch. My favorites in order so far.
The Two Escobars
Unguarded
Catching Hell
Once Brothers
Fernando Nation
Without Bias

About to watch Four days in October now.8)

Edit.
Just watched Four days in October, I'm obviously a Yankee fan but F it I have to respect the Red Sox hustle in 2004.

Last edited:
Just repped everyone that recommended Warrior. Movie was amazing. 
smokin.gif

By far the best movie I've seen all year (haven't seen TDKR yet (I know)).

Hell on Wheels looks like it's going to be a good series.

Hell on Wheels starts off so damned slow, but picks up with the final 3-4 episodes. I only stuck with it because it was an AMC original. Had the show been on A&E or NBC, I'd have given up after a few episodes.

tv shows: lulz
party down
parks and recreation
reno 911
blue mountain state
the state (just added, w00t)
family guy
larry sanders show (w00t)
south park
office
30 rock
arrested development
news radio
weeds
the it crowd (uk)

tv shows: sorta serious
nip/tuck (first 3 seasons only)
spartacus
skins uk
gangland

i watch tons of documentaries. reading is for chumps. ALL of these are dope. they should all be watched.. off the top of my "watch it again list"...

documentaries... somewhat serious.
gonzo - hunter s thompson. nuff said.
when you're strange - the doors. nuff said.
restrepo - platoon in afghanistan
vice guide to travel - liberia and north korea are NUTS. WATCH THESE JOINTS
jesus camp - look inside an overly fundamental (and hateful) bible camp
facing the habit - folks trying to quit heroin with help of (illegal) drug ibogaine
art of the steal - legal battle over most valuable art collection ever
wild, wonderful Whites of WV - see below

documentaries... sorta lulz.
king of kong - long standing beef between best donkey kong arcade players
monster camp - looks at cosplay/live action battle recreations (like mclovin in role models)
darkon - same subject as previous, but a bit darker/more serious
exit thru the gift shop - pop/street art and the commercialization of it all

wild, wonderful Whites of WV - crazy family of criminals/drug addicts. hilarious/fascinating

too many movies.

rewatched this with some friends. still awesome... 175 pages later. :pimp:

Last edited:
Nip Tuck gets garbage after season 3 (which was by far the best). I felt like the writers/people involved with the show were insulting my intelligence every week from the 4th season until the last episode. It just becomes a farce of itself, which was a farce anyway. So damned bizarre for no reason at all, and just felt like a giant waste of time.

Started to teeter near the end but I think you guys will like it.

Netflix has just added WILFRED from f x (dope show) and SUPER8 , the Spielberg flick.watching the latter now

Hell on Wheels looks like it's going to be a good series.

Hell on Wheels starts off so damned slow, but picks up with the final 3-4 episodes. I only stuck with it because it was an AMC original. Had the show been on A&E or NBC, I'd have given up after a few episodes.
I only watched the first episode when it premiered. I'm going to finish up the first season since it's on stream now and maybe catch up to this second season.

Yall gotta check out The Weird World of Blowfly

He considers himself the first rapper ("Rapp Dirty" came out in 1965) and dude has some of the most vile and disgusting songs, **** is hilarious though. He wrote songs for KC & The Sunshine Band, Betty Wright, Gwen McCrae, etc. He was on TK Records back in the day (one of the first disco record labels)

Just checked out that Dewey Bozell joint about how the man was wrongly locked up for 26 years. Got a masters degree and errthang. His attitude towards his life and his future are inspiring. :nthat:

Whatever you guys do, DO NOT watch "The Snowtown Murders" if you value your time. It's about Australia's most notorious serial killer but tries to go the art house route. Doesn't make sense most of the time because you can't understand their mumblings and the other times scenes just happen with no momentum. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it doesn't. The ending isn't even an ending.

Back
Top Bottom