The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Caught Silver Linings Playbook last evening. P-U! :x

For all the Eagles stuff, the film could have been set in literally any city with an NFL franchise. Utterly devoid of character.

Last edited:
Lol I actually enjoyed SLPB and I hate the Eagles. I thought Lawrence and Cooper did great jobs being nutty.

Just watched the first episode of Luther, I will not continue. It was so damn unrealistic. There were so many regular investigation protocols that they could have used to lock that girl up. She was not some master super criminal that they painted her as. This is coming from someone that has seen every SVU episode. I'm pretty much a cop.

^^^Luther was dope, you're the first person I've heard talk bad on it.

And I just watched "You're Next".....HOLY **** !!!

Just watched the first episode of Luther, I will not continue. It was so damn unrealistic. There were so many regular investigation protocols that they could have used to lock that girl up. She was not some master super criminal that they painted her as. This is coming from someone that has seen every SVU episode. I'm pretty much a cop.

mistake has been made.

you will regret not watching imo one of the best tv dramas ive ever seen.

luther was good. It was a solid detective / cop show and idris elba as the star made it cooler.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but that first episode turned me all the way off. Maybe British police procedure is different, but in America that woman would have been caught in the first 20 minutes. Where was the medical examiner? A accurate time of death would have blown her alibi to smithereens. Why didn't they canvass the neighborhood to see if any neighbors saw anyone strange coming to or leaving the house? Doesn't Britain have CCTVs on street corners why didn't they get some footage of the girl leaving the store to get a read on her demeanor? After she attacked his wife, even though she could not see the attackers face she heard the voice, that is enough cause to throw her in a line up in order to match the voice. That woman was not a mastermind at all. Those cops are just inept. An Luther is an idiot from breaking into that house looking for that damn gun. Some minimal detective work would have got him probable cause for a warrant. Just so much failure. I can't watch a cop show like that.

Last edited:
I just watched Dog Pound last night TRIPPY.
yeah it was ill. That scene during the hunger strike was 
frown.gif

I'm sorry but that first episode turned me all the way off. Maybe British police procedure is different, but in America that woman would have been caught in the first 20 minutes. Where was the medical examiner? A accurate time of death would have blown her alibi to smithereens. Why didn't they canvass the neighborhood to see if any neighbors saw anyone strange coming to or leaving the house? Doesn't Britain have CCTVs on street corners why didn't they get some footage of the girl leaving the store to get a read on her demeanor? After she attacked his wife, even though she could not see the attackers face she heard the voice, that is enough cause to throw her in a line up in order to match the voice. That woman was not a mastermind at all. Those cops are just inept. An Luther is an idiot from breaking into that house looking for that damn gun. Some minimal detective work would have got him probable cause for a warrant. Just so much failure. I can't watch a cop show like that.
It's a TV show, brah.  
laugh.gif

You act like you don't have to suspend disbelief when watching any other cop drama show on TV.  Dudes are solving crimes in 2 days because there's DNA evidence EVERYWHERE, which is definitely true to life.  
laugh.gif

Some new movies:

Cabin Fever Patient Zero
The Hunted
Monkey's Paw
Killing Them Softly
Peaky Blinders

Last edited:
Oct. 1
Annie (1982)
Annie: A Royal Adventure (1995)
Bad Johnson (2014)
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
Chicken Run (2000)
Domestic Disturbance (2001)
Ernest Saves Christmas (1988)
Finding Forrester (2000)
Galaxy Quest (1999)
Gilmore Girls: The Complete Series
Hit! (1973)
Hostages: Season 1
Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001)
Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)
My Father the Hero (1994)
Paths of Glory (1957)
Please Subscribe: A Documentary About YouTubers (2013)
Rescue Dawn (2006)
Romeo + Juliet (1996)
Shadow of the Vampire (2000)
Shane (1953)
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
Shivers (1975)
The Phantom of the Opera (1989)
Team America: World Police (2004)
Three Fugitives (1989)
Tombstone (1993)
The Wedding Planner (2001)

Oct. 2
Carrie (2013)
Reign: Season 1
Under the Electric Sky: EDC 2013 (2014)
The Vampire Diaries: Season 5

Oct. 3
The Originals: Season 1

Oct. 4
The Boxcar Children (2013)

Oct. 6
Little Man (2006)

Oct. 7
Hart of Dixie: Season 3
In a World... (2013)
Raising Hope: Season 4
Supernatural: Season 9
The Following: Season 2

Oct. 8
Arrow: Season 2
Jay Mohr: Funny for a Girl

Oct. 9
A Long Way Down (2014)
The Tomorrow People: Season 1

Oct. 10
Chelsea Handler: Uganda Be Kidding Me (2014)

Oct. 11
Breathe In (2013)
Heatstroke (2013)
Swelter (2014)
Why Stop Now (2012)

Oct. 14
Witching and *****ing (2013)

Oct. 15
Stay (2013)
Tim Minchin and the Heritage Orchestra Live (2011)

Oct. 16
Cowgirls 'n Angels (2012)

Oct. 18:
Last Man Standing: Season 3
Liberal Arts (2012)

Oct. 21
Wyatt Cenac: Brooklyn

Oct. 22
E-Team (2014)
The 100: Season 1
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

Oct. 23