roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Big Mike.

Chester bout to come in here with
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

but Miami does not need to draft slash type players their quarterback of the future in round two.
Don't bother considering the idea; he'll be drafted sooner than that.

We already drafted Henne in round 2. And that was after we drafted Beck in round 2 the year before.

I don't want us gettin in the habit of drafting a QB in every second round.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DLo13

Don't click on the spoiler.

Spoiler [+]
bilde
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bigmike
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

How you're ******* and your stomach going in 3 different directions?

You're foul for calling out the man by name like that...
smh.gif

[h2]RAMS CUT TORRY HOLT[/h2]
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 13, 2009, 4:48 p.m.

The Rams announced today that they have cut veteran wide receiver Torry Holt, ending his tenure in St. Louis after a decade with the team.

"The Rams will forever be grateful for the way Torry Holt represented the Rams on the field and in the community," Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom said in a statement. "He is an All-Pro in every sense of the word. Over the past 10 seasons, Torry has proven himself to be one of the finest receivers in league history.

"This is a difficult decision because Torry has meant so much to the organization. In my mind and for all Rams fans, Torry will always be a Ram and we wish him and his family nothing but the best as they move forward."

Holt joins former Rams offensive tackle Orlando Pace, who was cut by the Rams, on the NFL free agent list.

Holt ranks 11th on the NFL charts with 869 catches and 14th overall with 12,660 yards.

"Torry Holt has had an outstanding career here in St. Louis," Rams General Manager Billy Devaney said.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5idEC-dN4Ht_yrlRAZbZsLl82kUKAD96SOCI01

Maybe I'm super late but why didnt we hear about these Haynesworth charges before he signed as a unrestricted free agent.
********' Haynesworth indicted on traffic charges
he didn't kill anybody, calm down.

I thought it was big deal because it was on the ESPN ticker and they said indicted.
laugh.gif

Speaking of killing somebody....

Browns WR Donte' Stallworth has reportedly been detained in Miami after an automobile accident that killed a pedestrian.

According to ProFootballTalk.com, Miami police are looking into the matter to determine whether Stallworth was driving under the influence. He's expected to be prosecuted regardless, but the DUI charge would come with much more serious consequences. This news comes just two days after former University of Tennessee teammate Albert Haynesworth was indicted for an auto accident that seriously injured the other driver.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Speaking of killing somebody....

Browns WR Donte' Stallworth has reportedly been detained in Miami after an automobile accident that killed a pedestrian.

According to ProFootballTalk.com, Miami police are looking into the matter to determine whether Stallworth was driving under the influence. He's expected to be prosecuted regardless, but the DUI charge would come with much more serious consequences. This news comes just two days after former University of Tennessee teammate Albert Haynesworth was indicted for an auto accident that seriously injured the other driver.
frown.gif

[h1]Cleveland Browns' Donte Stallworth was involved in fatal accident in Miami Beach[/h1][h2]Early-morning accident snarled traffic for hours[/h2]By Andrew Ba Tran 12:40 PM EDT, March 14, 2009
MIAMI BEACH - Cleveland Browns' wide receiver Donté Stallworth was involved in a car accident on the McArthur Causeway that left a 49-year-old man dead this morning, according to police.

Stallworth, 28, was driving a 2-door Bentley east on the left side of the road just after 7:15 a.m. toward Miami Beach when he struck a 49-year-old pedestrian crossing the roadway near Terminal Island and Mcarthur Parkway, said Detective Juan Sanchez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

The accident victim was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Officials have not released the identity of the victim pending family notification.

According to witnesses, the victim worked at a nearby shipping company as an overnight crane operator. The man had just finished his shift and was crossing the street to catch a bus when he was struck.

Charges are pending the results of the investigation and blood tests, said Sanchez. Stallworth was cooperating with authorities and has not been charged, he said.

Eastbound McArthur Causeway was shut down for several hours while officials investigated the scene.

Stallworth joined the Browns in 2008 on a $35 million contract after playing for the New England Patriots.

-SFL reporter Amber Lyon contributed to this report.

[h2]Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding [/h2]
Posted: News | Steve Wyche | Tags: Cory Redding, Detroit Lions, Julian Peterson, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.com's Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

[h2]Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding[/h2]
Posted: News | Steve Wyche | Tags: Cory Redding, Detroit Lions, Julian Peterson, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.com's Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.
%*%
frown.gif

Eagles fans school me on L.J. Smith I think the Falcons are about to sign him.

[h1]Darren McFadden: Recovered From Shoulder Surgery[/h1]

Update: McFadden is fully recovered from his January shoulder surgery, and is ready to begin voluntary workouts next week, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday.

Recommendation: The procedure was only minor, and should have no lingering effect going into workouts and the regular season.

Source
[h1]Rolle expects to be released by Ravens[/h1]

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP)-The Baltimore Ravens are expected to release former Pro Bowl cornerback Samari Rolle in the next few days, the player's agent said Friday.

After Baltimore signed free agent Domonique Foxworth, Rolle figured his playing time with the Ravens would be limited. So he asked the team to grant him his release, and the Ravens are expected to comply.

"That's our understanding," said Peter Schaffer, Rolle's agent.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome would not confirm the decision, saying only that Rolle has been invited back to play a fourth season in Baltimore.

But Rolle told The (Baltimore) Sun, "I anticipate it happening. I'm happy. Everyone got what they wanted out of this."

The Ravens will save $4.1 million in salary-cap room.

Rolle, 32, played in all 16 games during his first two seasons with Baltimore. But he participated in only six games in 2007 after learning he had epilepsy, and in 2008 he missed six games-and the AFC championship-because of injuries.

Rolle launched his NFL career in 1998 with Tennessee and was named to the 2000 Pro Bowl.

His pending release means the Ravens will have cut ties with both their starting cornerbacks from a year ago. Chris McAlister was cut last month.

That leaves Foxworth and Fabian Washington as the top two cornerbacks on the depth chart.

Foxworth signed a four-year, $27.2 million contract with the Ravens that included $16.5 million in guaranteed money. He was drafted in the third round of the 2005 draft by Denver and traded last year to the Atlanta Falcons.

Washington, obtained in a draft-day trade with Oakland last April, took over at cornerback for McAlister in October. He started 12 games during the regular season and all three of Baltimore's playoff games.

anybody else been noticing the reports on how jay cutlers been acting?
nerd.gif

like WhoTF does he think he is, football is a business, trade talks happen, just be lucky you're still playin football

clown
smh.gif

Eagles fans school me on L.J. Smith I think the Falcons are about to sign him.

Showed potential to be one of the best pass-catching TEs in the league after the Eagles 2004 Super Bowl season, but has been too inconsistent and is injuryprone. Not a great blocker, but has good hands. If healthy, he can be a very productive receiver for Matt Ryan. Also, for you being a Falcons fan, LawyerMilloy just about murdered L.J.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

nerd.gif

like WhoTF does he think he is, football is a business, trade talks happen, just be lucky you're still playin football

clown
smh.gif

U dont remember he said he had a stronger arm then john elway. that tells u everything about his ego.

nerd.gif

clown
smh.gif
Hes probably more mad at the fact of who they tried to trade him for
laugh.gif
. Cassell is a bum. Plus, he prolly figures it doesn't necessarilyhave to do with how good Cassell is but that the head coach worked with him in NE so he's trying to make things easier for himself. I don't blameCutler.

Obviously, Cutler has a big ego, but in a few years, we wont remember this. Like we don't remember an undrafted Eli not going to San Diego or undraftedElway not going to the Colts. Yes, football is a business, but if your job was going to fire you to hire another employee, you would be upset about that. Andif football is a business, Cutler has a right to want to go to another team -- that's his "business" ...

nerd.gif

clown
smh.gif

His ego is big and I'll agree with that. But he has a right to be mad. What right do you think he believes the Broncos have for trying to trade him for anunproven and unexperienced quarterback? It's not like Cutler is a bum or has no potential. I would be pissed too and would be very skeptical about thefranchise I'm playing for. It would also light a fire under my %@+ and I would out on a missions as I'm sure we'll see from Cutler this season.

[h2]Cutler says he can't trust McDaniels[/h2]Updated: March 16, 2009, 12:26 AM ET

Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler said Sunday night that he will not report to the team's first meeting on Monday and has formally asked to be traded. He confirmed that a Saturday meeting with first-year coach Josh McDaniels ended badly from his perspective while McDaniels offered another viewpoint on Sunday night.

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first team meeting on Monday as they begin their offseason program.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen told the Denver Post on Sunday that he was disappointed with how Cutler has handled the situation. In a telephone interview with ESPN, McDaniels was reluctantly expansive on the story.

Source

Back
Top Bottom