THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

Dicks sporting goods dropped over the weekend.
I had them in my cart but passed. I have the OG’s.
IMG_3065.jpeg

Played in the all blks two weeks ago. It was sleeting and snowing and my feet stayed dry. Comfortable shoe.

Curious. Do we think Nike will ever make a shoe specifically for Tiger again? He is a loyal Nike guy and Phil is loyal to him. It has to burn his *** he is wearing FootJoy’s.

And to follow up...

The Nike rumblings are not new and have been ongoing for some time. There is the shoe situation - but there are some other signs as well, such as Tiger no longer wearing Nike sunglasses. Apparently no TW apparel in at least the preliminary ‘24 catalogue as well. Will be interesting to see what happens as 10 year contract was up for renewal.

In Phil's book he mentioned that after his wife, Penny, died Tiger reached out and whatever he said / did Phil remarked that Tiger would be a Nike guy for as long as he was associated with the company.

I know that Nike has long been out of the hardware business but with the recent surge in interest of golf it surprises me that they wouldn't want to keep Tiger around.

It’ll be interesting to see if Tiger moves forward with Nike. Maybe he’ll start his own brand similar to Jordan and Jordan Brand. Who knows.
Today for MJ Monday…
IMG_3521.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_3524.jpeg

IMG_3525.jpeg
IMG_3523.jpeg

Did you mean his son? Phil knight’s wife penny is still alive. https://marriedbiography.com/phil-knight-wife-penny-knight-age-children-net-worth/
You are right. His son. Full quote from the book which is different than I remember in regards to his loyalty to Tiger.

• When Knight’s son died in a scuba diving accident, Tiger Woods was the first athlete to call offering condolences.
Every Nike athlete wrote, emailed, phoned. Every single one. But the first was Tiger. His call came in at 7:30 a.m. I will never, ever forget. And I will not stand for a bad word spoken about Tiger in my presence.

And to follow up...

The Nike rumblings are not new and have been ongoing for some time. There is the shoe situation - but there are some other signs as well, such as Tiger no longer wearing Nike sunglasses. Apparently no TW apparel in at least the preliminary ‘24 catalogue as well. Will be interesting to see what happens as 10 year contract was up for renewal.

In Phil's book he mentioned that after his wife, Penny, died Tiger reached out and whatever he said / did Phil remarked that Tiger would be a Nike guy for as long as he was associated with the company.

I know that Nike has long been out of the hardware business but with the recent surge in interest of golf it surprises me that they wouldn't want to keep Tiger around.
To add to this, it looks like he might actually be leaving. Tons of rumors flying that this PNC tournament will be his last wearing Nike ever! Along with Kopeka, Rory, and others. If so, that is huge and will dramatically scuttle Nike Golf in general. This is right up there with Federer leaving Nike. Never could imagine Tiger leaving; his name is synonymous with the brand.

I understand that maybe Tiger doesn't move the needle in the same way he once did but he is still that guy on tour. This seems like the perfect time for Tiger to have control over his own sub-brand like Lebron, Kobe or Jordan and start to build his own roster. Golf has never been more popular and the demographics that are most interested typically have the most money to spend on shoes and apparel.

It just wont seem right to not have Tiger in the Swoosh especially since Nike (referenced by Phil Knight) has been so loyal to him.

I am confused, I thought Nike TW stuff was selling even at high prices?

I remember the Jordan collection was out of stock most sizes over the summer as well?

Not really sure what Nike is thinking, I mean I guess TW is definitely at the end of his career but other guys leaving as well?

Maybe I’m speaking on behalf of myself since I wear 85% Nike on the course especially shoes but dumb

I am confused, I thought Nike TW stuff was selling even at high prices?

I remember the Jordan collection was out of stock most sizes over the summer as well?

Not really sure what Nike is thinking, I mean I guess TW is definitely at the end of his career but other guys leaving as well?

Maybe I’m speaking on behalf of myself since I wear 85% Nike on the course especially shoes but dumb

Yeah I'm confused as well. A lot of the top guys on tour are Nike sponsored as well, like Rory, Scottie Scheffler, Tony Finau. I understand that golf is a niche sport but all their products seemed to be selling out. Also doesn't Nike campus have a building named after Tiger?

Yeah I'm confused as well. A lot of the top guys on tour are Nike sponsored as well, like Rory, Scottie Scheffler, Tony Finau. I understand that golf is a niche sport but all their products seemed to be selling out. Also doesn't Nike campus have a building named after Tiger?

Starting about during the middle of the pandemic golf has never been hotter so for Nike to back out or relinquish control over apparel and footwear seems odd.

Yes, it is the Tiger Woods Building / Conference Center. One cool detail is they have a replica tee box of the 18th at Pebble Beach.

Back
Top Bottom