THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Last week I walked into Champs trying to buy a pair of shoes for my infant nephew. I asked a girl how much some Nike Prestos were since there wasn't a price sticker on them. She looked at another shoe (completely different model) and read the big red sales price tag and tells me "they're about $39.99". I asked her, can you find out exactly what the price is for sure and not estimate? She looks at the same shoe with the red sale tag and repeats it's $39.99.

If you hate your job, go find another one. There's other people who'd love to have that job.

Have you guys ever actually worked a minimum wage retail job? I worked for a shoe company during college and from retail level to corporate there are idiots who would "love to have that job" -- which the companies know and fully take advantage of, treating you like a resource and not a person. I can tell you from personal experience that benefits at these places have been dramatically reduced in the past 5 years alone and compensation is not nearly as good as it would be at other companies that aren't household names. I can also tell you that no matter what your personal work ethic is it doesn't matter unless you have a good manager. Otherwise eventually you'll feel underpaid and worse -- undervalued. That's how you get employees who STOPPED giving a damn and frankly I can't blame them. You can bust your *** an entire year and for what? Best case scenario you get a $50 gift card while your boss sexually harasses coworkers and looks good to his bosses for making sales that would be even better if he had a motivated and respected group of employees. And maybe you should ask yourself how you are treating these people and asking these questions? If you're just coming up to someone out of nowhere or someone who is talking to a friend then "How much are these?" is very different from "Excuse me, how much are these?"

JImmies rustled.

I’ve worked multiple retail jobs out of high school and college

Best buy,
Staples
Etc.

Your right though retail employees don’t actually care as long sales #s are hit and they suckered you into buy forceshields or insoles that no one needs.

Just give the damm size 10 kobes and le me be on my way.

Last edited:
Have you guys ever actually worked a minimum wage retail job? I worked for a shoe company during college and from retail level to corporate there are idiots who would "love to have that job" -- which the companies know and fully take advantage of, treating you like a resource and not a person. I can tell you from personal experience that benefits at these places have been dramatically reduced in the past 5 years alone and compensation is not nearly as good as it would be at other companies that aren't household names. I can also tell you that no matter what your personal work ethic is it doesn't matter unless you have a good manager. Otherwise eventually you'll feel underpaid and worse -- undervalued. That's how you get employees who STOPPED giving a damn and frankly I can't blame them. You can bust your *** an entire year and for what? Best case scenario you get a $50 gift card while your boss sexually harasses coworkers and looks good to his bosses for making sales that would be even better if he had a motivated and respected group of employees. And maybe you should ask yourself how you are treating these people and asking these questions? If you're just coming up to someone out of nowhere or someone who is talking to a friend then "How much are these?" is very different from "Excuse me, how much are these?"

Excuse me, but did u just write a short novel sir? Lol

Lol, OK I'll make sure to check myself before having the audacity to walk up to a paid retail employee and asking them to do something that is the first thing listed in their job description.

A very, very, looong time ago, I worked for minimum wage at a movie theater selling popcorn and tearing ticket stubs, management didn't give a flip about most employees, but they had me working sales at concession because I was one of a few employees that wouldn't steal. If anyone asked me how much something was while I was socializing, I would stop talking because even though it was a crappy job, I didn't feel like I had the right to ever to be rude to customers.

The concensus from most of the niketalk community is that our experiences in terms of basic customer service with footlocker employees have been flat out terrible. My sympathies for any current or former footlocker employees who feel that customers deserved to be treated that way.

Yeah it's fine if employees get jaded, but have a little respect for yourself. That's the point I'm getting at. Most of the kids in these stores expect their participation trophies in the form of a paycheck.

Came in here for Kobe info...But my 2 cents. I worked at various retail jobs including Footaction for a stretch and Finishline. I did get jaded and bitter. However, I wasn't about to take it out on a customer. Unless they were being difficult. Simple price checks and stock checks were fine. Be rude and it would take me that much longer to find it. Where I was "lazy" was at attaining the "goals" and making sure everything was "straight" and pristine clean. I would settle for just enough. lol.

The only time I had an issue with footlocker employees was years ago when I asked to try on a pair of shoes and they said no (had to buy them if I wanted to try them on). I said that makes no damn sense and walked out.
This. Same thing happened to me at a Shiekh and I asked to try on some Jordan 3 Cyber Mondays. Girl said the store doesn't let people try on new release J's. Wut?!?!

1855F25F-40B6-4B43-9913-10B0C6A0A57D.jpeg

62DA45D9-55E0-49E7-A0D4-7A452E7C30BB.jpeg

Assassin IDs finally showed up & I love them!

Back
Top Bottom